1. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    09 Feb '18 16:29
    Originally posted by @great-big-stees
    I once had pickled gonads (Prairie Oysters). Think I'll stick with the less "organ" variety of pickled things thanks.
    I still don't know how one pickles walnuts.
  2. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    09 Feb '18 16:31
    Originally posted by @very-rusty
    I still don't know how one pickles walnuts.
    I think if you stick something like "How do you pickle stuff" in Google, you'll get your answer.
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    09 Feb '18 16:33
    I think if you stick something like "How do you pickle stuff" in Google, you'll get your answer.
    If I google it will not be the same as getting an answer from the person talking about pickliing them. 😉
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    09 Feb '18 16:35
    Originally posted by @very-rusty
    The question was how do you pickle them? Simple or else you really don't have a clue.
    You can buy pickled walnuts in the shops' sir. It is not a requirement to be an authority on the pickling process.
  5. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    09 Feb '18 16:37
    We have a friend who pickles "stuff" too and at the moment I have my fill of pickled things (hot peppers, onions, eggs, asparagus and "baby" carrots) I think stick with just those, but when we're done those I'll let you know and you can send me some of your pickled delights. 🙂
    Will send them to you sir by pickled carrier pigeon.
  6. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    09 Feb '18 16:42
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Will send them to you sir by pickled carrier pigeon.
    I'm fairly sure that if the pigeon were pickled it'd never make it here as it's "Birdy GBS thingy" wouldn't be functioning at it's topmost efficiency so perhaps just stick it in the mail? 🙂
  7. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    09 Feb '18 17:42
    I'm fairly sure that if the pigeon were pickled it'd never make it here as it's "Birdy GBS thingy" wouldn't be functioning at it's topmost efficiency so perhaps just stick it in the mail? 🙂
    In the UK it is illegal to send pickled items through the post. (Pickled items and sticks of celery).
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    09 Feb '18 18:39
    You can buy pickled walnuts in the shops' sir. It is not a requirement to be an authority on the pickling process.
    To be honest I have never seen pickled walnuts here in my small neck of the woods, sir.

Now I've eaten pickled eggs back in the old days. ( Not Bad)!!!
  9. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    09 Feb '18 19:09
    In the UK it is illegal to send pickled items through the post. (Pickled items and sticks of celery).
    OK. You seem like a person with "some" sense. Why don't you stick the pickled goodies in a box and ship it here UPS or one of the other, available, carriers. Now I'm thinking it might cost a "wee bitty" more but I feel that through our banter recently here that we have become friends and friends do that sort of things for friends.
  10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    09 Feb '18 19:13
    OK. You seem like a person with "some" sense. Why don't you stick the pickled goodies in a box and ship it here UPS or one of the other, available, carriers. Now I'm thinking it might cost a "wee bitty" more but I feel that through our banter recently here that we have become friends and friends do that sort of things for friends.
    Friends also forgive when friends fail to deliver. 😉
  11. Gothenburg
    Moves
    09 Feb '18 19:16
    Friends also forgive when friends fail to deliver. 😉
    Friends do all sorts of things, they also forget, especially about pickling.
  12. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    09 Feb '18 19:22
    Originally posted by @torunn
    Friends do all sorts of things, they also forget, especially about pickling.
    Do you think I should include pickled walnuts in my entry for the prose competition?
  13. Gothenburg
    Moves
    09 Feb '18 19:24
    Do you think I should include pickled walnuts in my entry for the prose competition?
    And placing it in a context, it could be: I love pickled walnuts.
  14. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    09 Feb '18 19:28
    The girl in the flowery dress leaned in close to whisper in his ear. "Do you love me?"
    After a pause that seemed to last an eternity he answered, "...madam, I love pickled walnuts."

Something like that?
  15. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    09 Feb '18 19:32
    Or, assuming you don't have a taste for the wee beasties, you want to stick in a title like: " Why I hate pickled walnuts".

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree