1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    06 Mar '14 02:42
    Stone Soup Story Game

"Stone Soup Story: There once was a traveler who came to a small village, tired and weary from his long journey. The traveler did not have anything to eat and hoped that a friendly villager would be able to feed him. He came to the first house and knocked on the door. He asked the woman who answered if she could spare just a small bit of food as he had traveled a long journey and was very hungry. The woman replied, “I’m sorry I have nothing to give you. I can barely feed my own family.” So the traveler went to another door and asked again. The answer was the same: “I have nothing to give you.” He went from door to door and each time was turned away.

Undaunted, the traveler went to the village square, took a small tin cooking pot from his bag, filled it with water, started a fire and dropped a stone in the pot. As he boiled the water, a passing villager stopped and asked him what he was doing. The traveler replied, “I’m making stone soup. Would you like to join me?” The villager said yes, and he asked if carrots were good in stone soup. “Sure,” said the traveler. The villager went home and returned with carrots from his garden to add to the boiling water. Soon, another curious villager came by and was invited to join them. She went home and returned with some potatoes. A young boy passed by and soon joined the group, bringing his mother and dinner plates from their home.

In time, a crowd gathered with everyone offering their own favorite ingredient: mushrooms, onions, salt, black pepper, acorn squash... Everyone wanted to be part of the creation. Finally, the traveler removed the stone and declared, “The stone soup is ready!” And the whole community joined in a feast where there was none before." [Adapted from a Swedish folktale and from Marcia Brown’s retelling of the fable in her book stone soup. Learn about the Volunteer Center’s Stone Soup Network by visiting www.vcnt.org/stonesoupnetwork] http://www.vcnt3.org/images/StoneSoupStory.pdf

..........................................................................................................

"... The villager elder offered the stranger a great deal of money for the magic stone, but he refused to sell it and traveled on the next day. As he left, the stranger came upon a group of village children standing near the road. He gave the silken bag containing the stone to the youngest child, whispering to the group, "It was not the stone, but the villagers that performed the magic." http://stonesoupgalleries.com/the-stone-soup-story.html

RHP General Forum Village Stone Soup Story Game:

Cast:
    Global Villagers: All site members who wish to contribute to the well being of this forum (including the "tired and weary" traveler's olde friends, new friends, almost friends and frienemies). Tired and Weary Traveler: yours truly.

Special Stone: O
    Cooking Pot: \__/

Objective: To create a delicious and nourishing pot of conversational/alphabet soup to be enjoyed frequently by all.
    One Rule: The traveler may only return to the village [forum] on days when at least one new item is added. Enjoy.
  2. Joined
    02 Apr '08
    Moves
    06 Mar '14 21:15
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]Stone Soup Story Game

"Stone Soup Story: There once was a traveler who came to a small village, tired and weary from his long journey. The traveler did not have anything to eat and hoped that a friendly villager would be able to feed him. He came to the first house and knocked on the door. He asked the woman who answered if she could spare jus ...[text shortened]... eler may only return to the village [forum] on days when at least one new item is added. Enjoy.[/b]
    How about a few jalapenos to spice up the pot?
  3. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    06 Mar '14 21:24
    Originally posted by kiki46
    How about a few jalapenos to spice up the pot?
    Some leeks too.
  4. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    06 Mar '14 21:37

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Mar '14 21:41
    TLDR
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    07 Mar '14 02:591 edit
    Stone Soup Story Game

"Stone Soup Story: There once was a traveler who came to a small village, tired and weary from his long journey. The traveler did not have anything to eat and hoped that a friendly villager would be able to feed him. He came to the first house and knocked on the door. He asked the woman who answered if she could spare just a ...[text shortened]... eler may only return to the village [forum] on days when at least one new item is added. Enjoy.[/b]
    "In time, a crowd gathered with everyone offering their own favorite ingredient: mushrooms, onions, salt, black pepper, acorn squash... Everyone wanted to be part of the creation..." "How about a few jalapenos to spice up the pot?" "Some leeks too." "Half a dozen fleshy thumbs." "TLDR"... Seven Capon Chickens and
  7. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    07 Mar '14 06:13
    "In time, a crowd gathered with everyone offering their own favorite ingredient: mushrooms, onions, salt, black pepper, acorn squash... Everyone wanted to be part of the creation..." "How about a few jalapenos to spice up the pot?" "Some leeks too." "Half a dozen fleshy thumbs." "TLDR"... Seven Capon Chickens and
    A partridge in a pear tree 😕
  8. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    07 Mar '14 06:30
    leeks and tofu
  9. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    07 Mar '14 08:18
    croutons
  10. Joined
    08 Oct '04
    Moves
    07 Mar '14 09:54
    What in the name of Jehovah is this? Some thinly-veiled attack on young people, modernity, and change, I presume.
  11. Joined
    08 Oct '04
    Moves
    07 Mar '14 09:55
    We're sorry
    But you're no longer needed
    Or wanted
    Or even cared about here
  12. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    07 Mar '14 19:291 edit
    [b]Stone Soup Story Game

"Stone Soup Story: There once was a traveler who came to a small village, tired and weary from his long journey. The traveler did not have anything to eat and hoped that a friendly villager would be able to feed him. He came to the first house and knocked on the door. He asked the woman who answered if she could spare jus ...[text shortened]... eler may only return to the village [forum] on days when at least one new item is added. Enjoy.[/b]
    Special Stone: O
    Cooking Pot: \__/

"In time, a crowd gathered with everyone offering their own favorite ingredient: mushrooms, onions, salt, black pepper, acorn squash... Everyone wanted to be part of the creation..." "How about a few jalapenos to spice up the pot?" "Some leeks too." "Half a dozen fleshy thumbs." "TLDR." "Seven Capon Chickens." "A partridge in a pear tree." "leeks and tofu." "croutons" ["What in the name of Jehovah is this? Some thinly-veiled attack on young people, modernity, and change, I presume." "We're sorry But you're no longer needed Or wanted Or even cared about here.": Welcome home, Tim]... Here's some kindling \\\ and a box of wooden matches [|||] just in case anyone notices the fire beneath our "small tin cooking pot" flickering or out....
  13. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    21 Mar '14 11:23
    One Rule: The traveler may only return to the village [forum] on days when at least one new item is added. Enjoy.

Has this rule been followed?

I would add a pinch of salt.
  14. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    30 Mar '14 18:371 edit
    Originally posted by Ponderable

Has this rule been followed?

I would add a pinch of salt.
    Ponderable, unfortunately the "fire beneath our 'small tin cooking pot'" has flickered out....
  15. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    30 Mar '14 18:42
    Ponderable, unfortunately the "fire beneath our 'small tin cooking pot'" has flickered out....
    So I bring some matches and a few twigs.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree