1. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    23 Jun '16 00:31
    Full moon on the summer solstice, a few days ago. That's the strawberry moon.

There are a lot of charismatic moon names like that. For a dead chunk of rock of unknown origin (collision? captured? condensed along with earth?) trapped in orbit, we've given it lots of attention. I think it urged life to develop on earth (tidal pools), and urged mankind to reach for the stars (we can touch it!).

/psa
  2. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    23 Jun '16 00:49
    Originally posted by apathist

There are a lot of charismatic moon names like that. For a dead chunk of rock of unknown origin (collision? captured? condensed along with earth?) trapped in orbit, we've given it lots of attention. I think it urged life to develop on earth (tidal pools), and urged mankind to reach for the stars (we can touch it!).

/psa
    Moonlight and love songs, never out of date
    Hearts full of passion, jealousy and hate
    Woman needs man and man must have his mate
    That no one can deny..
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    23 Jun '16 01:13
    Originally posted by apathist

/psa
    "For a dead chunk of rock of unknown origin..."

It's not dead since it has function. God made the moon and put it precisely where it is to serve a purpose. Not all of us doesn't know about the moon's origin.
  4. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    23 Jun '16 01:24
    Originally posted by josephw
    Not all of us doesn't know about the moon's origin.
    Some of us don't know, and the rest of us absolutely don't know.
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    23 Jun '16 07:00
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    Some of us don't know, and the rest of us absolutely don't know.
    I'm different. I know.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree