General Forum

General Forum

1. Joined
    06 Feb '13
    Moves
    22 May '13 17:12
    I've noticed a lot of people who have cancelled their subscriptions recently. Is there a reason for this?
  2. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    22 May '13 17:421 edit
    Originally posted by Tygert
    I've noticed a lot of people who have cancelled their subscriptions recently. Is there a reason for this?
    Subs audit. A long overdue one too. So not cancelled, just expired.

All on the same day.
  3. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    At the edge
    Moves
    22 May '13 17:49
    Originally posted by Russ
    Subs audit. A long overdue one too. So not cancelled, just expired.
    Good riddance. 😉
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    22 May '13 18:25
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Yes, Drewnogal, I'm similarly impressed with this young man's keen awareness. With "a long overdue" number of site members letting their subscriptions expire [as Russ replied to Tygert], it's reasonable to allow for the possibility that many did so from varied individual motivations. What's rare, today, is his respect for established lines of authority.
  5. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    22 May '13 18:30
    He has the right to ask, doesn't he?
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    22 May '13 22:09
    Originally posted by lolof

He has the right to ask, doesn't he?
    ... yes, and he should be encouraged to speak his mind without fear of being put down.
  7. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    22 May '13 22:171 edit
    "I have posted on internet forums, therefore I see the problem." (anon)
  8. Joined
    25 Apr '13
    Moves
    23 May '13 08:17
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    ... yes, and he should be encouraged to speak his mind without fear of being put down.
    Well unfortunately thats not always the case.

I seen a post directed at a non sub pointing out the fact that he was a non sub and therefore shouldn't have an opinion.

I let my subscription laspe due to ill health. I was going to renew it till i seen comment posted.
  9. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Moves
    23 May '13 08:52
    Originally posted by kangajack

I seen a post directed at a non sub pointing out the fact that he was a non sub and therefore shouldn't have an opinion.

I let my subscription laspe due to ill health. I was going to renew it till i seen comment posted.
    Seems a bit illogical, some other poster makes an idiot of himself, so you react by ignoring said idiot and taking $40 out of the pocket of the site owner - why didn't you just tick off the idiot?
  10. Joined
    25 Apr '13
    Moves
    23 May '13 10:271 edit
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    Seems a bit illogical, some other poster makes an idiot of himself, so you react by ignoring said idiot and taking $40 out of the pocket of the site owner - why didn't you just tick off the idiot?
    The reason i didn't post a reply in said thread is because it made me mad and my reply would have been deleted, now i don't remember who made the comment or what thread it was in.

There is a movie called Remember Sunday, you can google it and watch it, i'm in the same position as the male actor.

Speaking of logic, wouldn't you say it was illogical of someone to start a club with rating paramenters then change these paramenters 🙄
  11. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Moves
    23 May '13 13:58
    The reason i didn't post a reply in said thread is because it made me mad and my reply would have been deleted, now i don't remember who made the comment or what thread it was in.

There is a movie called Remember Sunday, you can google it and watch it, i'm in the same position as the male actor.

Speaking of logic, wouldn't you say it was illogical of someone to start a club with rating paramenters then change these paramenters 🙄
    I may have been conditioned by RHP clubs - it happens all the time here - but it seems quite normal behaviour to me. Unless you're going from a chess club to a skydiving club perhaps. 🙂
  12. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    23 May '13 14:49

Many adults on the internet behave unreasonably (as if emoting rather than thinking). Their unkind words should eventually draw the attention of any site's moderators and/or admins. Irrespective of these reasons to leave a site, you should still feel free to offer your comments and opinions without fear of criticism or rejection. After all, we're not in China. (gb)
  13. Joined
    08 Feb '05
    Moves
    25 May '13 15:39
    I cancelled my subscription because I was appalled by the site redesign, and by the My Stats table layout in particular. Ooops, is there a penalty for stating the obvious? ... oh well, whatever
  14. Joined
    02 Nov '06
    Moves
    03 Jun '13 13:25
    You get used to the new design after a while and it's fine.
  15. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    03 Jun '13 13:30
    you won't fool us in believeing you are a girl anyway 😉