1. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Oct '13 10:24
    Sondage d'opinion -

type A: I ususally eat a lot as soon as I get up from the bed. If I don't eat a pig with an egg or couple plates of salami sausages chees and a bowl of cereals I am nervous as a houngry tiger who is drooling on its tamer

type B: I don't eat before noon. What I need when I get ip is - coffee, man, coffee! A lot of coffee.

Welcome to this sondage.

I am going to spend most of November in various hotels in Milan and Copenhagen, and again I am faced with the dilemma:::
    with or withour breakfast.

I am type B, I often prefer to sleep till 11 (If I was in local bar over beer or gin to 3 in tne morning), and I don't like to stuff myself with boring 2 stars-"breakfast" (salami, cheese on the cold plate, bad coffee from dirty coffe machines....)

But, there are pluses and minuses.
    In the loneliness of a travel and hotel room, man gets hungry. Breakfast becomes a comfort food, although it's a mediocree in cheap mansions.

Sometimes I am too sleepy to get up.
    Sometimes i force myself to put a shirt on and climb down the steep stairs and with eyes half open eat the food just to get back to bed again and slumber in bed til noon.

But, what a feeling, on rainy Nordic days, to get in a coffee bar with a WiFi, and order just a coffee, black, big cup, and orange juice, and say hello to the city.
  2. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    17 Oct '13 10:27
    Looks like a dilemma. But most hotels offer to add a breakfast if you feel like it. So don't worry book without and get one if you need it 🙂
  3. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    17 Oct '13 13:54
    When we were in London recently, we stayed at a hotel where continental breakfast was included in the room price (similar to what I eat every morning at home). But my teenage grandson needed a steady breakfast. For a small extra charge he could have anything he wanted. A good way to start the day.
  4. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    17 Oct '13 14:25
    Originally posted by vandervelde
    Sondage d'opinion -

[b]type A:
    I ususally eat a lot as soon as I get up from the bed. If I don't eat a pig with an egg or couple plates of salami sausages chees and a bowl of cereals I am nervous as a houngry tiger who is drooling on its tamer

type B: I don't eat before noon. What I need when I get ip is - coffee, man, coffee! A lot of ...[text shortened]... th a WiFi, and order just a coffee, black, big cup, and orange juice, and say hello to the city.[/b]
    With or without breakfast in a hotel depends on the price
    and what's for breakfast. Especially in London. Lol.

I could have bought an Apple i phone 4 if I skipped breakfast ha ha ha.
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    17 Oct '13 15:49
    Originally posted by vandervelde
    Sondage d'opinion -

[b]type A:
    I ususally eat a lot as soon as I get up from the bed. If I don't eat a pig with an egg or couple plates of salami sausages chees and a bowl of cereals I am nervous as a houngry tiger who is drooling on its tamer

type B: I don't eat before noon. What I need when I get ip is - coffee, man, coffee! A lot of ...[text shortened]... th a WiFi, and order just a coffee, black, big cup, and orange juice, and say hello to the city.[/b]
    "But, what a feeling, on rainy Nordic days, to get in a coffee bar with a WiFi,
    and order just a coffee, black, big cup, and orange juice, and say hello to the city."
    Sounds as if this line could become the beginning of a Pulitzer Prize Winning Novel.
    Nice that it's just your casual stream of thought from afar......
  6. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    17 Oct '13 16:23
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    "But, what a feeling, on rainy Nordic days, to get in a coffee bar with a WiFi,
    and order just a coffee, black, big cup, and orange juice, and say hello to the city."
    Sounds as if this line could become the beginning of a Pulitzer Prize Winning Novel.
    Nice that it's just your casual stream of thought from afar......
    Then what would you like for breakfast a normal day? A steady breakfast or just coffee?
  7. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    17 Oct '13 16:301 edit
    Originally posted by lolof
    Then what would you like for breakfast a normal day? A steady breakfast or just coffee?
    Juice, an Havarti or Sharp Cheddar Cheese Omelet or Amy's Organic French
    Vegetable Soup (and two vitamins o 0 lol); iced coffee late in the evening.
  8. Standard memberivan2908
    SelfProclaimedTitler
    Moves
    17 Oct '13 16:352 edits
    I follow the intermittent fasting "LeanGains" eating pattern (eating during the 8-hour time window, fasting for 16 hours) every day and it helps me to control my weight no problem. I do enjoy a cup of black coffee every morning. The IF regime I am following is designed for weightlifting purposes but you do not have to be involved with lifting to enjoy its' benefits. Regularly skipping the so-called "most important meal of the day" has to be one of my best decisions. Then again, whenever I travel and go to hotels which have particularly nice breakfasts, my gluttony wins and I just eat. I'd say, eat that food ! 🙂

P. S. I live in Finland and I do know the feeling of craving food, especially carbs just because everything is static, dark and cold during the wintertime.
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    17 Oct '13 16:43
    Originally posted by ivan2908
    I follow the intermittent fasting "LeanGains" eating pattern (eating during the 8-hour time window, fasting for 16 hours) every day and it helps me to control my weight no problem. I do enjoy a cup of black coffee every morning. The IF regime I am following is designed for weightlifting purposes but you do not have to be involved with lifting to enjoy its' ...[text shortened]... g food, especially carbs just because everything is static, dark and cold during the wintertime.
    "P. S. I live in Finland and I do know the feeling of craving food, especially carbs just because everything is static, dark and cold during the wintertime."

Does this dramatic seasonal change cause mood swings among the Citizens of Finland?
  10. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    18 Oct '13 02:591 edit
    Depends if you eat late or not... eat late - coffee. Eat early in the evening - breakfast.

If breakfast is free and i'm up i'll take it but i won't set an alarm for it.

I've went out with people traveling who have gotten up just to have breakfast after being out to 5am just to go back to sleep again.
  11. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    18 Oct '13 03:36
    I have a substantial cup of coffee.
    "Cowboy coffee, it's like a meal and a snack."-CP

Seriously, coffee and a bowl of cereal. Cereal is much better since I consume dairy once again.
  12. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    18 Oct '13 03:57
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    I have a substantial cup of coffee.
    "Cowboy coffee, it's like a meal and a snack."-CP

Seriously, coffee and a bowl of cereal. Cereal is much better since I consume dairy once again.
    Wheaties, Cheerios or Fruit Loops?
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Oct '13 16:32
    I am thinkig of bringing 18 little apples (acid ones, those I ususally buy on green market in Belgrade "shifra" is the name, possibly wrong spelled Italian sort), and oat cereals with aronia (50 grams for each day). But I am going to need 100 ml of hot water or milk...

It would be awkward if I asked in a bar "Would you warm half a glass of milk for me, please?!"

I'll spend 4 days in a nice hotel as a official guest (everything payed /not for the first time/), and I actually know what the breakfast would be like -
    bacon crisp
    soft boiled eggs
    fine cheese
    fruit
    waffels
    ... hard to resist.

But the last 10 days of the trip (on my own, in a cheaper hotel) - there will be coffee & 2 brownies & orange juice.

OK, I am bringing 10 little apples with me.

Like in a Roberto Bolano's novel... Hotel full of critics, translators and writers, with mystery hovering over all of us, possibly with a dead body in the luggage room.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree