Take Two Swords

Take Two Swords

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Doug Stanhope

That's Why I Drink

Moves
16 Feb 16

And then duel.

Whether you live or die, cover yourself in glory.

DEUS VULT!

free tazer tickles..

wildly content...

Moves
16 Feb 16

Originally posted by Seitse
And then duel.

[b]DEUS VULT!
[/b]
this is a great damocles "thread"...

Cryogenically frozen

Moves
16 Feb 16

Originally posted by rookie54
this is a great damocles "thread"...
Okay, a dueling riddle:

You find yourself involved in a three-way duel. The first of your two opponents is a crack shot who could shoot a satsuma off a pigeon's head at hundred paces; the second opponents an average shot who could still hit a tin can off a garden wall. 'You' unfortunately can't shoot for toffee and are more likely to hit an innocent bystander.

You each have only one bullet in the chamber of your gun. Tactically, your two opponents pause before shooting, giving you the opportunity to let off the first shot.

But, who do you shoot at? (What is you best chance of survival?)

Moves
16 Feb 16

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
Okay, a dueling riddle:

You find yourself involved in a three-way duel. The first of your two opponents is a crack shot who could shoot a satsuma off a pigeon's head at hundred paces; the second opponents an average shot who could still hit a tin can off a garden wall. 'You' unfortunately can't shoot for toffee and are more likely to hit an innoce ...[text shortened]... y to let off the first shot.

Duel. How can you have three people involved in a duel...of wait I thought it said dual. sorry.🙄😳

free tazer tickles..

wildly content...

Moves
16 Feb 16

Okay, a dueling riddle:

You find yourself involved in a three-way duel. The first of your two opponents is a crack shot who could shoot a satsuma off a pigeon's head at hundred paces; the second opponents an average shot who could still hit a tin can off a garden wall. 'You' unfortunately can't shoot for toffee and are more likely to hit an innoce ...[text shortened]... y to let off the first shot.

take it puzzles and posers, sparkle...

Cryogenically frozen

Moves
16 Feb 16

Originally posted by rookie54
take it puzzles and posers, sparkle...
I did, but they said "take it to the GF, twinkle."

Moves
16 Feb 16

I did, but they said "take it to the GF, twinkle."
I love "cute" pet names.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
16 Feb 16

Okay, a dueling riddle:

Your best chance is shooting into the air.
😀

Cryogenically frozen

Moves
16 Feb 16

Originally posted by wolfgang59
Your best chance is shooting into the air.
😀
Horrah!

Thought for a moment i had shot myself in the foot.

Already mated

Omaha, Nebraska, USA

Moves
16 Feb 16

Silly me, i was going to take two words . . . .dyslexia and pluralities, such as smiles or swears.

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
16 Feb 16

Cryogenically frozen

Moves
16 Feb 16

The post that was quoted here has been removed
🙂 Didn't even consider that option.

rc

Moves
16 Feb 16
2 edits

And then duel.

[b]DEUS VULT!
[/b]
Ahhh to reside safe in valours glory. Used to be that it was the first to draw blood, then the Americans got hold of it and as usual took it too far. Canny trust them with anything.

Doug Stanhope

That's Why I Drink

Moves
16 Feb 16

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Ahhh to reside safe in valours glory. Used to be that it was the first to draw blood, then the Americans got hold of it and as usual took it too far. Canny trust them with anything.
Norwegian vikings of yore were the real tough bastards. They drew a small circle
on the ground then the duelists would step into armed with their axes. First to get
out was vanished so of course they always battled. Winner (surviver) would take
the loser's land, wife, and belongings.

rc

Moves
17 Feb 16

Norwegian vikings of yore were the real tough bastards. They drew a small circle
on the ground then the duelists would step into armed with their axes. First to get
out was vanished so of course they always battled. Winner (surviver) would take
the loser's land, wife, and belongings.
Yes it was a legitimate way to settle disputes, trial by combat, we had the same thing here but it was the first to draw blood. If you killed someone it was evidence of your lack of skill with the sword. Small recompense to the dead though. I have read the ancient Icelandic sagas and was into viking folklore for some time 😀