1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Feb '16 01:40
    Take two 'major' words (i.e. nouns, verbs, adjectives and adverbs) from the previous poster's sentence and use them again in a single sentence of 8 or more words of your own.

Try to follow on from what has been said before although topic drift is welcome.

Extra kudos for not repeating 'major' words that have already been used on that thread page (aside from The Two you are using, of course).
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Feb '16 01:461 edit
    An initial 'topic':

Believe me, I'm not one to complain, but some things just make me mad, hang on, wait - don't get me started.
  3. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    14 Feb '16 01:53
    Originally posted by FMF
    An initial 'topic':

Believe me, I'm not one to complain, but some things just make me mad, hang on, wait - don't get me started.
    Don't believe all you see, hear, or read - there are a lot of fools and crooks who are interested in duping their audience.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Feb '16 01:57
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    Don't believe all you see, hear, or read - there are a lot of fools and crooks who are interested in duping their audience.
    Sometimes I have no choice but to suffer fools gladly ~ it suppose depends on my audience.
  5. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    14 Feb '16 03:08
    Originally posted by FMF
    Sometimes I have no choice but to suffer [b]fools gladly ~ it suppose depends on my audience.[/b]
    Choice is said to be the driver of improvements to our existence, but sometimes too many choices result in poor decisions.
  6. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    14 Feb '16 03:14
    [b]Choice is said to be the driver of improvements to our existence, but sometimes too many choices result in poor decisions.[/b]
    Making improvements in the way we make decisions is therefore an essential endeavour in this technological age.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Feb '16 03:181 edit
    [b]Choice is said to be the driver of improvements to our existence, but sometimes too many choices result in poor decisions.[/b]
    In some cases, a surfeit of options can make us foolish, like the poor weekend driver approaching Spaghetti Junction* in Birmingham and ending up in one of the rivers.

* The Gravelly Hill Interchange, the intersection of the M6 motorway (Junction 6), A38(M) motorway, A38 road and A5127 road above two railway lines, three canals and two rivers.
  8. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    14 Feb '16 19:31
    Originally posted by FMF
    In some cases, a surfeit of options can make us foolish, like the [b]poor weekend driver approaching Spaghetti Junction* in Birmingham and ending up in one of the rivers.

* The Gravelly Hill Interchange, the intersection of the M6 motorway (Junction 6), A38(M) motorway, A38 road and A5127 road above two railway lines, three canals and two rivers. [/b]
    There are certain books I've read whose ending seemed to me to be just foolish on first reading but did, when reread, make sense.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Feb '16 23:151 edit
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    There are certain books I've read whose [b]ending seemed to me to be just [b]foolish on first reading but did, when reread, make sense.
    People ask, will there one day be an ending to foolishness - in the sense of there being a rising tide of smarts that raises all boats or a certain book that everyone will read and it'll change them - but sadly the answer is no.
  10. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    14 Feb '16 23:35
    Originally posted by FMF
    People ask, will there one day be an ending to foolishness - in the [b]sense of there being a rising tide of smarts that raises all boats or a certain book that everyone will read and it'll change them - but sadly the answer is no.[/b]
    True foolishness is not to read a book.
  11. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    14 Feb '16 23:39
    Originally posted by Seitse
    True [b]foolishness is not to read a book.[/b]
    Read True Confessions or True Crimes and you'll end up with an extremely warped view of the world.
  12. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    14 Feb '16 23:43
    [b]Read True Confessions or True Crimes and you'll end up with an extremely warped view of the world.[/b]
    Confessions by Pablo Neruda is an extremely beautiful memoir.
    I highly recommend it!
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Feb '16 00:09
    [b]Confessions by Pablo Neruda is an extremely beautiful memoir.
    I highly recommend it![/b]
    People tell me that Pablo Picasso's paintings are highly beautiful but, to be brutally phillistine with you, I just see tomfoolery and the snook being cocked.
  14. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    15 Feb '16 00:36
    Originally posted by FMF
    People tell me that [b]Pablo Picasso's paintings are highly beautiful but, to be brutally phillistine with you, I just see tomfoolery and the snook being cocked.[/b]
    "Brutally cocked" was what our British-born-and-raised tour guide said at
    the New York Metropolitan Museum when showing us Poussin's famous painting.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Feb '16 00:49
    "[b]Brutally cocked" was what our British-born-and-raised tour guide said at
    the New York Metropolitan Museum when showing us Poussin's famous painting.[/b]
    Some of the biggest fools are self-styled sophisticates forever showing off their supposedly metropolitan ways and yet it turns out they are nothing of the sort: they are in fact British.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree