1. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    15 Feb '16 01:30
    Originally posted by FMF
    Some of the biggest fools are self-styled sophisticates forever [b]showing off their supposedly metropolitan ways and yet it turns out they are nothing of the sort: they are in fact British.[/b]
    Fools rush in where sophisticates fear to tread.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Feb '16 01:55
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    [b]Fools rush in where sophisticates fear to tread.[/b]
    You're a fool to try it but first there'll be a rush and then some peaky moments ~ possibly feelings of fear ~ then hallucinations ~ and then the comedown.
  3. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    15 Feb '16 09:03
    Originally posted by FMF
    Some of the biggest fools are self-styled sophisticates forever [b]showing off their supposedly metropolitan ways and yet it turns out they are nothing of the sort: they are in fact British.[/b]
    If you sort through the sophistic writings of the Ancients you will find that there is a lot of truth to the saying: "nothing new under the sun".
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Feb '16 09:52
    Ah ha I see what you did there.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Feb '16 09:57
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    If you [b]sort through the sophistic writings of the Ancients you will find that there is a lot of truth to the saying: "nothing new under the sun".[/b]
    The concept of through traffic means nothing to some of the Sunday drivers mooching about on the main roads.
  6. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    15 Feb '16 11:10
    Originally posted by FMF
    The concept of [b]through traffic means nothing to some of the Sunday drivers mooching about on the main roads.[/b]
    The roads leading to happiness have no drivers, just walkers.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Feb '16 11:42
    Originally posted by Seitse
    The [b]roads leading to happiness have no [b]drivers, just walkers.
    Many recidivist jay walkers may believe that they are leading us all towards a freer, more flexible, and less zebra crossing-bound world, but most are just fools stepping out into moving traffic.
  8. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    15 Feb '16 12:27
    Originally posted by FMF
    Many recidivist jay [b]walkers may believe that they are leading us all towards a freer, more flexible, and less zebra crossing-bound world, but most are just fools stepping out into moving traffic.[/b]
    A freer zebra is a dream for the lions.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Feb '16 13:17
    A [b]freer zebra is a dream for the lions.[/b]
    I used to dream of being the kit man for the British Lions when I was a kid; the sky's the limit, I would say to myself.
  10. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    16 Feb '16 18:49
    Originally posted by FMF
    I used to [b]dream of being the kit man for the British Lions when I was a kid; the sky's the limit, I would say to myself.[/b]
    To myself I would say," What on earth is a kit man and who or what are the British Lions?"
  11. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    16 Feb '16 18:53
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    [b]To myself I would say," What on earth is a kit man and who or what are the British Lions?"[/b]
    The British kit includes a white van, a toothpaste and a Cheeky Nandos voucher.
  12. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    16 Feb '16 19:12
    The [b]British kit includes a white van, a toothpaste and a Cheeky Nandos voucher.[/b]
    Toothpaste, white blue, green or stripped all taste the same and other than costing more do the same as baking soda.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Feb '16 00:56
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    [b]Toothpaste, white blue, green or stripped all taste the same and other than costing more do the same as baking soda.
    I got a costing on what getting my aluminum siding stripped would set me back and a man ~ in a striped shirt and sporting pearl-like paste teeth ~ chuntered gravely about it being a "two van job".

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree