1. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    22 Dec '16 22:41
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    The Ghost is well armed.
    Was that a...triple entendre?

1) Well armed (weapons)
    2) Well armed (referring to "guns" [muscles])
    3) Well armed (well defined arms)

Yup...a triple entendre. Nice.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Dec '16 15:463 edits
    I'm seriously considering buying myself a tank top. Not owned one since 1987 but have heard they are back in fashion. (Was told so by the milkman, so must be true, right?)

I'm going for green, naturally, but still in a quandary whether or not I can wear it with jeans. Fashion advice greatly appreciated (though obviously not from Robbie).
    My dear Sir, I am the very first person that you should have approached for fashion advice being a man of exquisite taste and discernment.

One wants something not too garish otherwise they will remember the tanktop and forget its wearer! Nothing too plain either though, there is a balance to be struck. No plain maroon tanktops! Something with an ethnic design may be appropriate if tastefully arranged. Also be conscience of colour. Have your wife do a skin test as for colour! Ladies are excellent at these types of things. Your hair and eyes also plays an important part although skin is probably the dominant feature. Many a gentleman I have seen in a well cut suit not the least bit conscience that the colour itself does not flatter his features. I myself went for many years buying rather expensive garments that did not suit until a kind lady offered to help me and suggested certain colours and tones that would compliment and those to be avoided. Apparently I was a summer type, as opposed to winter, autumn, or spring. Find out what you are and buy accordingly.

This advice is the greatest and seeing that you have remained a rather entertaining fellow although almost being sucked into the dastardly brotherhood of certain undesirables I hand it on to you. Be well, remember you are the dude and no one can touch you for style and you will do well - regards Robbie Carrobie (fashion guru and internet chess sensation)
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    23 Dec '16 16:021 edit
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    Kudos on the anagram
    Thanks. 🙂
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    23 Dec '16 16:07
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    My dear Sir, I am the very first person that you should have approached for fashion advice being a man of exquisite taste and discernment.

One wants something not too garish otherwise they will remember the tanktop and forget its wearer! Nothing too plain either though, there is a balance to be struck. No plain maroon tanktops! Something with ...[text shortened]... style and you will do well - regards Robbie Carrobie (fashion guru and internet chess sensation)
    Obliged sir. I know Christmas isn't really your bag, but i hope Santa brings you multitudes of tank tops. (And a llama).
  5. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    23 Dec '16 16:09
    Originally posted by vivify
    Was that a...triple entendre?

1) Well armed (weapons)
    2) Well armed (referring to "guns" [muscles])
    3) Well armed (well defined arms)

Yup...a triple entendre. Nice.
    I was going to go for a quadruple entendre, but didn't want to come across as a show off.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Dec '16 16:181 edit
    Obliged sir. I know Christmas isn't really your bag, but i hope Santa brings you multitudes of tank tops. (And a llama).
    Hehe, I plan on giving up my Veganism for the festive period. Today I received a large cake from a lady. A Madeira Cake! Sponge filled with buttercream and raspberry jam covered with chocolate flavoured decorations! The sponge is moist and delicious the topping to die for! I plan on waiting till January to buy a Christmas pudding and some top notch mince pies when they are reduced to 50p. I do it every year and tell divegeester. It drives him crazy. 😵
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 Dec '16 17:25
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie

One wants something not too garish otherwise they will remember the tanktop and forget its wearer! Nothing too plain either though, there is a balance to be struck. No plain maroon tanktops! Something with ...[text shortened]... style and you will do well - regards Robbie Carrobie (fashion guru and internet chess sensation)
    This, from someone who still believes the height of fashion is a kilt.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Dec '16 18:39
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    It is for certain occasions but not as a normal mode of attire. Still one cannot escape the incontrovertible fact that chicks dig kilts! I am here for all your fashion needs!
  9. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    23 Dec '16 18:45
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    And why shouldn't a man wear a skirt?

Sexist!!! 😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree