1. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    24 May '20 17:27
    MS just "upgraded" my Edge browser. Now, when I click links in RHP, they don't darken.

I find this frustrating as hell. And, btw, if I google something and have pages of links, when I click on them, they darken, as it should be. What the heck gives with this at RHP?

Also, I right click to open links in a new tab. But it doesn't matter either way.

Thanks in advance.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 May '20 19:25
    @earl-of-trumps said
    MS just "upgraded" my Edge browser. Now, when I click links in RHP, they don't darken.

I find this frustrating as hell. And, btw, if I google something and have pages of links, when I click on them, they darken, as it should be. What the heck gives with this at RHP?

Also, I right click to open links in a new tab. But it doesn't matter either way.

Thanks in advance.
    What links?
    What is “darken”?
  3. SubscriberChris Guffogg
    Alekhine's Gun
    🤔 Bolton
    Moves
    24 May '20 19:33
    Star top corner? Are you on the phone?
  4. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    24 May '20 22:17
    @divegeester said
    What links?
    What is “darken”?
    Link - Any subject you click on in this forum is a link.
    Normally, after you click it, it darkens. (dark green vs. a lighter green) to let you know that you have opened that link.
  5. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    24 May '20 22:18
    @hells-caretaker said
    Star top corner? Are you on the phone?
    Nope, not on phone. The "Star" is "favorites", that cannot fix this. but thanks.
  6. SubscriberChris Guffogg
    Alekhine's Gun
    🤔 Bolton
    Moves
    24 May '20 22:25
    The Moon symbol?
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 May '20 22:45
    @earl-of-trumps said

Thanks in advance.
    The only suggestion I have is to use a real browser.
  8. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    25 May '20 04:56
    @earl-of-trumps said

Thanks in advance.
    Websites can use styling to make the links look however they want.

In the beginning of the Inter-webz, not-yet-followed links were blue, and previously-visited links were purple.

Then some overly-aesthetically-minded people decided they did not want to be stuck with those colors.

So now each webmaster can make them whatever color they want, including the same color.

I am not sure if there is a work-around. I may do a bit of research on it...
  9. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    26 May '20 03:34
    @hells-caretaker said
    The Moon symbol?
    That's dark mode, which I use, but thanks
  10. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    26 May '20 03:36
    @suzianne said
    I used to use Chrome but I hate google. I used Firefox, too. But when I got the new 'puter, I used edge and found it to be good. Maybe I'll go back to firefox. I hope it is easy to get my favorites into it.
  11. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    26 May '20 03:37
    @bigdoggproblem said
    Websites can use styling to make the links look however they want.

In the beginning of the Inter-webz, not-yet-followed links were blue, and previously-visited links were purple.

Then some overly-aesthetically-minded people decided they did not want to be stuck with those colors.

So now each webmaster can make them whatever color they want, including the same color.

I am not sure if there is a work-around. I may do a bit of research on it...
    Thanks. I use dark mode so for me, threads here are dark green that get darker after they are used. Well, they used to , anyway.
  12. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    26 May '20 04:49
    @Earl-of-Trumps

The nice thing about Firefox is that it has a built-in option to always make followed links the color of your choice!
  13. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    26 May '20 15:01
    @suzianne said
    LOL....I like that answer!

-VR
  14. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    26 May '20 18:38
    @Earl-of-Trumps

Following on to what BDP wrote about some websites overriding the default link-coloring behavior:

You might be able to add an extension to override their override. 😉

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4027935/microsoft-edge-add-or-remove-browser-extensions

I would search for a suitable extension using the keyword "links".
  15. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    26 May '20 18:43
    @bigdoggproblem said
    @Earl-of-Trumps

The nice thing about Firefox is that it has a built-in option to always make followed links the color of your choice!
    I haven't used Firefox in years, that one still around!

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree