General Forum

General Forum

  1. Standard memberyo its me
    watch the acid...
    dosen't get you!!
    Joined
    14 Jan '07
    Moves
    58629
    20 Aug '16 23:22
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Teenagers are a problem [b]IF AND ONLY IF the parent is a true
    and utter incompetent. I bet you have given the teenager everything he
    or she wants, and the useless piece of hormones has never worked
    for anything. Hell, here's $5 on you always trying to be a "cool pal" to
    the teen instead of a true authority.

    Be a freakin' parent. Talk to them with ...[text shortened]... ations, you have spawned the
    next Kim Kardashian or Jeffrey Dhamer. Just what the world needed.[/b]
    Nah, the teenage years are the selfish years. Its a step that has to happen so it can be left behind with childish things for progression into adulthood.
    If you're thinking your teenagers sailed through, then you've missed something.

    IMO
  2. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Joined
    23 Sep '06
    Moves
    18031
    21 Aug '16 00:11
    Originally posted by yo its me
    Nah, the teenage years are the selfish years. Its a step that has to happen so it can be left behind with childish things for progression into adulthood.
    If you're thinking your teenagers sailed through, then you've missed something.

    IMO
    Imagine having Seitse for a father. 😞
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52913
    21 Aug '16 02:18
    Originally posted by yo its me
    I'm so tired of raising teenagers.
    They're moody, lazy, selfish, sulky, self indulgent, single minded, self obsessed, dirty, messy, rude.....and then their mood swings & they're helpful, chatty, sweet, thoughtful, washing, tidying and complaining about their siblings who are grumpy as if they have no memory of the mood they had just an hour earlier.

    I'm so glad I was never a teenager.
    One of ours said when she turned 21, I am surprised at how much you have learned in 3 years!
  4. Standard memberyo its me
    watch the acid...
    dosen't get you!!
    Joined
    14 Jan '07
    Moves
    58629
    21 Aug '16 06:34
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    One of ours said when she turned 21, I am surprised at how much you have learned in 3 years!
    Sounds like the kind of remark I'll likely hear. Yesterday I was told (by my 16yo after a consequence was enforced) that I'm just like teenager: agree to one thing one day, change my mind the next. I just smiled, I can see the iorny but, of cause, from my perspective its completely different.
  5. Account suspended
    Joined
    20 Aug '16
    Moves
    26301
    21 Aug '16 09:12
    Originally posted by yo its me
    I'm so tired of raising teenagers.
    They're moody, lazy, selfish, sulky, self indulgent, single minded, self obsessed, dirty, messy, rude.....and then their mood swings & they're helpful, chatty, sweet, thoughtful, washing, tidying and complaining about their siblings who are grumpy as if they have no memory of the mood they had just an hour earlier.

    I'm so glad I was never a teenager.
    Yeah, tell me about it, I got three...and work, parttime.

    Sure isn't easy...
  6. Standard memberyo its me
    watch the acid...
    dosen't get you!!
    Joined
    14 Jan '07
    Moves
    58629
    21 Aug '16 09:36
    Originally posted by Steelcat
    Yeah, tell me about it, I got three...and work, parttime.

    Sure isn't easy...
    Welcome to the forums Steelcat.
    Your 3 aren't teens yet are they? (I noticed you're 29 & I'm a decade older, my 3rd has just reached 13).
  7. Joined
    04 Aug '09
    Moves
    37152
    21 Aug '16 10:301 edit

    This post is unavailable.

    Please refer to our posting guidelines.

  8. Account suspended
    Joined
    20 Aug '16
    Moves
    26301
    21 Aug '16 10:38
    Originally posted by yo its me
    Welcome to the forums Steelcat.
    Your 3 aren't teens yet are they? (I noticed you're 29 & I'm a decade older, my 3rd has just reached 13).
    Two are from my partner and his ex, one is 12 and the other 14.

    We have a girl off our own that is 6 .
  9. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Joined
    08 Mar '11
    Moves
    10102
    21 Aug '16 11:53
    Originally posted by yo its me
    I'm so tired of raising teenagers.
    They're moody, lazy, selfish, sulky, self indulgent, single minded, self obsessed, dirty, messy, rude.....and then their mood swings & they're helpful, chatty, sweet, thoughtful, washing, tidying and complaining about their siblings who are grumpy as if they have no memory of the mood they had just an hour earlier.

    I'm so glad I was never a teenager.
    Are you raising boys, girls or both?
  10. Standard memberyo its me
    watch the acid...
    dosen't get you!!
    Joined
    14 Jan '07
    Moves
    58629
    21 Aug '16 11:56
    Originally posted by Steelcat
    Two are from my partner and his ex, one is 12 and the other 14.

    We have a girl off our own that is 6 .
    I was just surprised, that's all! Didn't mean to grill you :-)
  11. Standard memberyo its me
    watch the acid...
    dosen't get you!!
    Joined
    14 Jan '07
    Moves
    58629
    21 Aug '16 11:57
    Originally posted by vivify
    Are you raising boys, girls or both?
    My son isn't a teenager for another 3 years.
  12. Subscribermoonbus
    Uber-Nerd
    Joined
    31 May '12
    Moves
    3971
    21 Aug '16 12:57
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    One of ours said when she turned 21, I am surprised at how much you have learned in 3 years!
    "When I was 14 my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around, but when I reached 21 I was astonished at how much he had learned." --Mark Twain
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    36325
    21 Aug '16 14:05
    Originally posted by moonbus
    "When I was 14 my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around, but when I reached 21 I was astonished at how much he had learned." --Mark Twain
    "Going to college means you end up with a lot of cool quotes you can pull out when you need them." -- Suzianne 😀
  14. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Joined
    01 Jan '06
    Moves
    33672
    21 Aug '16 14:29
    Originally posted by yo its me
    Nah, the teenage years are the selfish years.
    There is no age for selfishness. This is what you're raising.

    YouTube : YIM'sTeens
  15. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Joined
    01 Jan '06
    Moves
    33672
    21 Aug '16 14:31
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    Imagine having Seitse for a father. 😞
    That is why you love me. I remind you of yours.
Back to Top