1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    17 Mar '16 00:02
    Originally posted by FMF
    This talk of reducing the costs of compliance with child support legislation is all well and good, but a far more important thing for you and I to be discussing is the hypocrisy of the the shadow minister for benefits whose brother-in-law, it turns out, was a deadbeat dad back in the 1990s. Why isn't the media want to talk about that?
    Or better yet, what would happen if the media actually started reporting the truth?

How's that? 😉
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Mar '16 00:02
    Originally posted by josephw
    I'll see if I can do this right.
    Whether or not you can do this right is a very good question, but an even better question we should be addressing is who decides what is "right" and what should be done about those who do it "wrong"?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Mar '16 00:08
    Or better yet, what would happen if the media actually started reporting the truth?
    We can talk till the cows come home about what would happen if the media actually started reporting the truth, but what we should really be talking about is imposing sanctions on elements of the media which are reporting in ways not in the national interest?
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    17 Mar '16 00:09
    Originally posted by FMF
    Whether or not you can do this right is a very good question, but an even better question we should be addressing is who decides what is "right" and what should be done about those who do it "wrong"?
    We should ask ourselves, if this is a democracy, then why don't our elected officials inact the will of the people that actually obey the law? After all, we the people decide what is right, aren't we?
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    17 Mar '16 00:12
    Originally posted by FMF
    We can talk till the cows come home about what would happen if the media actually started reporting the truth, but what we should really be talking about is imposing sanctions on elements of the media which are reporting in ways not in the national interest?
    But wouldn't that be censorship? Isn't it fundamental to the national interest to have free speech?
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    17 Mar '16 00:15
    Am I doing this right? 😉
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Mar '16 00:21
    Am I doing this right? 😉
    As interesting as the question of whether you were doing this right may be, a much more important question is whether you will be doing it right in the future.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Mar '16 00:23
    We should ask ourselves, if this is a democracy, then why don't our elected officials inact the will of the people that actually obey the law? After all, we the people decide what is right, aren't we?
    Whether we are the people who decide what is right is an excellent question to be raising, although I would counter with: what use is this introspection to ordinary folk who look to us for decisive action?
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    17 Mar '16 00:48
    Find the father and make him pay.
    And if daddy is dead? Or in an insane asylum? Or just cannot be found, does not WANT to be found, is living under an alias and fake passport in Costa Rica?
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Mar '16 00:54
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    And if daddy is dead? Or in an insane asylum? Or just cannot be found, does not WANT to be found, is living under an alias and fake passport in Costa Rica?
    With the greatest of respect, these may be excellent questions, but the real question here is, do taxpayers here want the government to get mixed up and sidetracked by issues of mental health, mortality, fraud and counterfeiting in Central America?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree