1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Mar '16 07:25
    We have to respond evasively to the previous poster's question by saying (something along the lines of) "That's a very good question, but an even better question is this [ ..... ]."

And despite the constant use of this politicians' interview-question-dodge and stick-to-their-own-talking-points device ~ I think, but we shall see ~ an exchange of perspectives, insinuations, red herrings, opinions and priorities ~ about any topic under the sun ~ should, nevertheless, somehow come to pass.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Mar '16 07:27
    How do you square your professed support for the plight of single mothers living in poverty with your announcement yesterday of cuts in subsidies and benefits payable to low income mothers bringing up children on their own?
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    16 Mar '16 07:281 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    We have to respond evasively to the previous poster's question by saying (something along the lines of) "That's a very good question, but an even better question is this [ ..... ]."

And despite the constant use of this politicians' interview-question-dodge and stick-to-their-own-talking-points device ~ I think, but we shall see ~ an exchange of perspectives, ...[text shortened]... ons and priorities ~ about any topic under the sun ~ should, nevertheless, somehow come to pass.
    About @FMF

"This box could have been used to add information about myself that I might have liked to share with other Red Hot
    Pawn members but it it hasn't because I didn't."
  4. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    16 Mar '16 07:421 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    How do you square your professed support for the plight of single mothers living in poverty with your announcement yesterday of cuts in subsidies and benefits payable to low income mothers bringing up children on their own?
    The real question is "Where are the fathers?" The announced
    savings in benefits will enable us to chase fathers for
    Parental Support and therefore single mothers will be better off.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Mar '16 07:47
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    The real question is "Where are the fathers?" The announced savings in benefits will enable us to chase fathers for Parental Support and therefore single mothers will be better off.
    Well of course that is an excellent question but, surely, a far more important question is: are you willing to invest government money in answering it, and in so doing tracking down those missing fathers?
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    16 Mar '16 09:25
    Originally posted by FMF
    We have to respond evasively to the previous poster's question by saying (something along the lines of) [b]"That's a very good question, but an even better question is this [ ..... ]."

And despite the constant use of this politicians' interview-question-dodge and stick-to-their-own-talking-points device ~ I think, but we shall see ~ an exchange of perspec ...[text shortened]... ons and priorities ~ about any topic under the sun ~ should, nevertheless, somehow come to pass.[/b]
    Taking on a new batch of students to teach them your best methods of forum combat?

What's the matter, a perfect student like divegeester wasn't enough for you?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Mar '16 09:36
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    What's the matter, a perfect student like divegeester wasn't enough for you?
    Well that's an intriguing question that you are putting to me, but I am quite sure your listeners would prefer to be told why you are describing him as "a perfect student", as you put it. On what basis you are you making this claim?
  8. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    16 Mar '16 09:39
    Originally posted by FMF
    Well that's an intriguing question that you are putting to me, but I am quite sure your listeners would prefer to be told why you are describing him as "a perfect student", as you put it. On what basis you are you making this claim?
    That's a very good question. The more important question is of course what constitutes the Basis of the System as such.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Mar '16 09:58
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    That's a very good question. The more important question is of course what constitutes the Basis of the System as such.
    Well it'd be interesting to chew the cud over the way things are, but no doubt ordinary folk want to hear what my department intends to do, and, more to the point, why is the media sneering down from their ivory towers at a policy that all right-thinking people will embrace?
  10. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    16 Mar '16 10:37
    Originally posted by FMF
    Find the father and make him pay.
  11. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    16 Mar '16 10:41
    Originally posted by FMF
    Well of course that is an excellent question but, surely, a far more important question is: are you willing to invest government money in answering it, and in so doing tracking down those missing fathers?
    We could also spend some of that "government money" teaching women how to stop having indiscriminate sex with these yokels that are incapable of supporting offspring.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Mar '16 12:53
    josephw, this thread isn't about the 'arguments' in the posts, per se. It is, instead, a 'writing game', of sorts. If you don't want to play, fair enough ~ but please don't feel you are obliged in any way to post. 🙂
  13. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    16 Mar '16 13:30
    Originally posted by FMF
    Of course fathers should be expected to take responsibility for their children. We need to target our payments to those who are truly in need of funds from the public purse. Taxpayers have a right to know that their money is ensuring a better future for children. To that effect we will reduce costs of compliance with child support legislation.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Mar '16 13:37
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    Of course fathers should be expected to take responsibility for their children. We need to target our payments to those who are truly in need of funds from the public purse. Taxpayers have a right to know that their money is ensuring a better future for children. To that effect we will reduce costs of compliance with child support legislation.
    This talk of reducing the costs of compliance with child support legislation is all well and good, but a far more important thing for you and I to be discussing is the hypocrisy of the the shadow minister for benefits whose brother-in-law, it turns out, was a deadbeat dad back in the 1990s. Why isn't the media want to talk about that?
  15. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    16 Mar '16 23:59
    Originally posted by FMF
    josephw, this thread isn't about the 'arguments' in the posts, per se. It is, instead, a 'writing game', of sorts. If you don't want to play, fair enough ~ but please don't feel you are obliged in any way to post. 🙂
    My bad! 😳

I'll see if I can do this right.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree