1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    29 May '14 13:15
    Originally posted by lemon lime
    Oh, what sweet irony... have you seen the Recommended Public Forum Posts recently? You [b]are the winner of The Bowmann Award!

And you didn't think you were pretentious enough, you silly overgrown boy you...[/b]
    It's nothing but pandering.

Anything with Bowmann's name on it gets recs because we have a slice of membership here that longs for the days when crap was king.
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    14 Jun '14 22:201 edit
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    Congratulations, Grampy Bobby!

You are the winner of The Bowmann Award, bestowed when applicable and appropriate
    on the Red Hot Pawn user who concocts a continuous and seemingly endless forum thread
    or happening dominated by him/herself and a few of his/her intimate friends.

Well done!
    HandyAndy, it's apparent you're still having unresolved issues with the presence of "Linked Word Games/2014" which began on March 31, 2014, being in the Red Hot Pawn General Forum. "Miss M and I both conclude that ["The Bowmann Award" thread May27-29, 2014] venue would be more appropriate for your interrogation. Shall I bump it for you?" Originally posted by HandyAndy: "First, answer the question: Pumping up a word game with your own posts and then touting it as a popular high-volume thread is a bit of a fraud, wouldn't you say?" "Miss M said, 'I'll take that as a 'Yes' by default. So please bump it for Andy at 3:00 PM GMT-5." Apologies for being two hours late. "Miss Miscellaneous" Thread 159573
  3. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    15 Jun '14 02:13
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    HandyAndy, it's apparent you're still having unresolved issues with the presence of "Linked Word Games/2014" which began on March 31, 2014, being in the Red Hot Pawn General Forum. "Miss M and I both conclude that ["The Bowmann Award" thread May27-29, 2014] venue would be more appropriate for your interrogation. Shall I bump it for you?" [i]Originally p ...[text shortened]... PM GMT-5." Apologies for being two hours late. "Miss Miscellaneous" Thread 159573
    Your post borders on incoherence. The Bowmann Award is in recognition of your narcissism
    in creating a word game dominated by you. My question pertains to your dishonesty in touting
    that game as an example of a popular high-volume thread. Stop feigning stupidity.
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    15 Jun '14 03:491 edit
    Your post borders on incoherence. The Bowmann Award is in recognition of your narcissism
    in creating a word game dominated by you. My question pertains to your dishonesty in touting
    that game as an example of a popular high-volume thread. Stop feigning stupidity.
    "Fun Forum Game Ideas" Megan Smith, Yahoo Contributor Network Mar 25, 2011 "Share your voice on Yahoo websites."

• Linked Words Game - Each player posts two words that go together, but he must use the second word that the last player posted and a new word that he thinks of himself. For example, "French bread," "bread pudding," "pudding cake."
    Thread 157819

On February 5, 2014, I started an RHP General Forum thread titled "Fun Forum Game Ideas" based on this Yahoo Site Text. March 31, 2014, nearly eight weeks later I decided its "Linked Words Game" idea might be well received since its format was different from A-Z Word Association Games with the hope that it would help stimulate interest among a different segment of posters. It was modified to include a target to provide a sense of progress toward a shared goal. If you choose to persist in passing judgment publically on another member's initiative, dismissing it as narcissistic and dishonest, so be it. -Bob
  5. Joined
    23 Nov '09
    Moves
    15 Jun '14 09:43

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    15 Jun '14 10:13

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

7. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    15 Jun '14 18:20
    [b]"Fun Forum Game Ideas" Megan Smith, Yahoo Contributor Network Mar 25, 2011 "Share your voice on Yahoo websites."

• Linked Words Game - Each player posts two words that go together, but he must use the second word that the last player posted and a new word that he thinks of himself. For example, "French bread," "bread pudding," "pudding cake." ...[text shortened]... ally on another member's initiative, dismissing it as narcissistic and dishonest, so be it. -Bob[/b]
    So be it, Bobby. But let's shed some light on a few small matters before we close the book.

Your Linked Words Game is essentially the same as the Word Association Game. Your examples, (1) French bread, (2) bread pudding, (3)pudding cake, are essentially (1) French, (2) bread, (3) pudding, (4) cake. The WAG is actually more creative than linked words since it also lends itself to wordplay, short phrases, anagrams, figures of speech, etc. The A-Z and Z-A games were launched a year or two ago by Phlabibit and Red Night, respectively, to satirize the WAG, of which neither was particularly fond.

You, of course, have a perfect right to initiate any word game you choose, original or adaptation, assuming it's not in violation of the TOS. But you do not have carte blanche to hype said game as a popular high-volume effort when just two posters author 80% of the entries. Enjoy your game, but keep it in perspective.

If you have to copy and paste your response, please don't bother.
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    15 Jun '14 19:43
    So be it, Bobby. But let's shed some light on a few small matters before we close the book.

Your Linked Words Game is essentially the same as the Word Association Game. Your examples, (1) French bread, (2) bread pudding, (3)pudding cake, are essentially (1) French, (2) bread, (3) pudding, (4) cake. The WAG is actually more creative than linked words si ...[text shortened]... but keep it in perspective.

If you have to copy and paste your response, please don't bother.
    Thanks for moving your comments from Miss Miscellaneous to The Bowman Award and for your posts to Linked Words/2014.
  9. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    15 Jun '14 22:46
    Thanks for moving your comments from Miss Miscellaneous to The Bowman Award and for your posts to Linked Words/2014.
    Don't mention it, Bobby. What are friends for?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree