1. Joined
    09 Feb '10
    Moves
    18 Aug '15 05:07
    Originally posted by chaney3
    Sharing that you learned in kindergarten? Lol, lol.

And, I think Robbie was being a pout pout fish, lol.
    Lol
    Robbie? Is this true? Are you sporting a kaleidoscope of mope today? 😳
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Aug '15 06:491 edit
    Originally posted by Landisqueen170
    Lol
    Robbie? Is this true? Are you sporting a kaleidoscope of mope today? 😳
    Alas chaneys perspective is not mine, there is no kaleidoscope of sorrow, no petulance, indeed, the banner is full of cheer and in the distance I can hear the sound of revelry!
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Aug '15 06:511 edit
    Originally posted by chaney3
    What does that mean Robbie?

I think she is funny, and has nothing but good things to say.

I loved the criss cross applesauce thing, it was so genuine...and real.
    A great arteest like myself never explains his work to the uninitiated. What does it mean. It is naught but a vehicle for your own imagination. Meaning of course that whatever meaning it has is the meaning that you imbue to it.
  4. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    18 Aug '15 11:30
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    A great arteest like myself never explains his work to the uninitiated. What does it mean. It is naught but a vehicle for your own imagination. Meaning of course that whatever meaning it has is the meaning that you imbue to it.
    it is my friend what it is no more no less but genius shines through.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Aug '15 11:522 edits
    Originally posted by redbadger
    it is my friend what it is no more no less but genius shines through.
    Truly you are a man of exquisite taste and refinement! Brewing some Theakston Old Peculiar as we speak Badge, grains in the mash tun, ABV 5.7% - A dark and vinous old ale, bursting with complex fruit flavours and a massive bouquet of rich fruit with peppery hop tones. Toffee and roast malt flavours lead to a bittersweet finish with delicate hops. Nom! Nom! Nom! 😀
  6. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    18 Aug '15 14:24
    Truly you are a man of exquisite taste and refinement! Brewing some Theakston Old Peculiar as we speak Badge, grains in the mash tun, ABV 5.7% - A dark and vinous old ale, bursting with complex fruit flavours and a massive bouquet of rich fruit with peppery hop tones. Toffee and roast malt flavours lead to a bittersweet finish with delicate hops. Nom! Nom! Nom! 😀
    Theakstons Old Peculiar Is a delicious beverage, and I have had the pleasure of working in this brewery only a few years ago, a potent brew but wonderous in flavour.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Aug '15 15:28
    Originally posted by redbadger
    Theakstons Old Peculiar Is a delicious beverage, and I have had the pleasure of working in this brewery only a few years ago, a potent brew but wonderous in flavour.
    Woa, you worked in the hollowed place itself, you must have come our glowing and holy! like a Saint! Legend!
  8. Green Boots Cave
    Moves
    18 Aug '15 15:45
    How did you get the recipe?
    I would have thought it would be top secret.
    How do you know how it smells and tastes when it is not yet made?
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Aug '15 17:55
    Originally posted by biffo konker
    How did you get the recipe?
    I would have thought it would be top secret.
    How do you know how it smells and tastes when it is not yet made?
    Its in my book, Brew your own real British Ale by Graham Wheeler page 208. The description that I gave is a direct quotation from the book. Why you doubt me I cannot say. Shall I post the grain bill, the mash schedule, the hops, the estimated original gravity, final gravity, ABV, colour and bitterness for your satisfaction also Buffon Donker
  10. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    19 Aug '15 04:49
    Truly you are a man of exquisite taste and refinement! Brewing some Theakston Old Peculiar as we speak
    Too sweet for me Robbie - ever tried copying Broadside?
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Aug '15 06:55
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Too sweet for me Robbie - ever tried copying Broadside?
    I have the recipe for Adnams broadside. It uses a malt I have never seen before - Acid malt. Uses challenger hops and fuggles which are British. Description - Grainy and dark brown; a complex, fruity beer. Rich fruity hop flavors give way to a long fruity after taste. Bitterness is measured in IBU's which for this beer is 43, which is fairly bitter but not overly so.

I have found that the penchant nowadays is for IPA's which have a real emphasis on citrus hops from North America, New Zealand and Australia. 😀
  12. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    19 Aug '15 07:22
    I have the recipe for Adnams broadside. It uses a malt I have never seen before - Acid malt. Uses challenger hops and fuggles which are British. Description - Grainy and dark brown; a complex, fruity beer. Rich fruity hop flavors give way to a long fruity after taste. Bitterness is measured in IBU's which for this beer is 43, which is fairly bit ...[text shortened]... PA's which have a real emphasis on citrus hops from North America, New Zealand and Australia. 😀
    An IPA is refreshing for a summer lunch but on a cold winter's evening give me a Broadside!

If you ever get round to brewing any I'd be interested in the results.
    Do you think a complete novice could brew something decent?
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Aug '15 07:361 edit
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    An IPA is refreshing for a summer lunch but on a cold winter's evening give me a Broadside!

If you ever get round to brewing any I'd be interested in the results.
    Do you think a complete novice could brew something decent?
    A novice could not only brew something decent they could brew a better beer than is commercially produced. Commercial brewers simply don't have the time to let a beer sit and mature as the homebrewer does. With a few basic pieces of equipment you could have yourself 23 litres of your favourite beverage sitting in a cupboard fermenting away while some fine English Ale yeast does its magic. The hardest part maybe in getting your lady on board with the idea. If you are going to try it Wolfie go the all grain method, its a little more involved than so called extract brewing (from kits) but the difference is worlds away. Also the Aussies invented a method called BIAB (brew in a bag) which essentially utilities a nylon bag and you steep the grains like you do tea, its very simple and very effective. You tube has a plethora of helpful videos.
  14. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    23 Aug '15 20:43
    Thanks Robbie .. perhaps Santa can bring me the kit I need.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree