The Great Thumb Robbery

The Great Thumb Robbery

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
214d

@divegeester said
“Premium subscribers” have all sorts of perks, like getting people removed from the website.
Premium, like in "first of their kind"?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
214d

@ponderable said
That’s not what “premium” means.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
214d

@divegeester said
That’s not what “premium” means.
I know 😀, that is what "primus" means, the etymological root however is the same.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
213d

@ponderable said
I know 😀, that is what "primus" means, the etymological root however is the same.
I don’t think it is; one is related to chronology and the other to quality. One of the German derivatives related to chronology might have descended from it, but it isn’t the root.

In the example given by Gravedigger “premium” relates to quality or reward.

ook

hirsute rooster

Moves
212d
3 edits

@ponderable said
In English, "premium" comes from Latin praemium ( "prize" ).
Whereas "primary" is borrowed from Latin prīmārius ( "of the first (rank); chief, principal; excellent" ).

... but I just googled that ... I have great respect for people such as yourself @ponderable who can make sense in more than one language.

I do manages to mangle my Englishering in a mono-linguistic way all of it's ownness. N'est-ce pas?

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
212d

@orangutan said
In English, "premium" comes from Latin praemium ( "prize" ).
Whereas "primary" is borrowed from Latin prīmārius ( "of the first (rank); chief, principal; excellent" ).

... but I just googled that ... I have great respect for people such as yourself @ponderable who can make sense in more than one language.

I do manages to mangle my Englishering in a mono-linguistic way all of it's ownness. N'est-ce pas?
So I was under a wrong impression for a long time. thank you for clearing that up.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
212d

@ponderable said
Colloquially, 'premium' is often used in conversation to mean best quality or most important. For example, she is a premium member so we give her all the best biscuits. (The best biscuits could also be described as premium). So although 'first of their kind' isn't a correct definition, one could, at a stretch, use it to mean 'most important of their kind.'

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
212d

@ponderable said
So I was under a wrong impression for a long time. thank you for clearing that up.
You’re welcome 😄

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
211d

@divegeester said
You’re welcome 😄
Sell isch Gschmacksach! Hot seller Aff' g'sagt und hot Kernsoif gfresse!

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
211d

@ponderable said
Sell isch Gschmacksach! Hot seller Aff' g'sagt und hot Kernsoif gfresse!
Es kommt nicht darauf an, was du sagst, es kommt darauf an, wie du es sagst.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
211d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Colloquially, 'premium' is often used in conversation to mean best quality or most important. For example, she is a premium member so we give her all the best biscuits. (The best biscuits could also be described as premium). So although 'first of their kind' isn't a correct definition, one could, at a stretch, use it to mean 'most important of their kind.'
Like "firstborn"?

Australia

Moves
209d

The one that tickles me is "premium economy". 🙃

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
205d

@divegeester said
Right, listen you you lot. I’m putting together a firm to rob this place.

Now, we all know Thumbs are the currency and I’ve got intel that shows that every year Russ ships all the thumbs from the forums over to the US for redistribution across social media.

Well, I’ve had a solid tip-off that there’s gonna be a shipment traveling from the UK server to the US serve ...[text shortened]... unts probably
- hackers

This is your chance guys…sign on here with your credentials and pitch.
Wann goat jetz sellr Zug?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
205d

@ponderable said
Wann goat jetz sellr Zug?
You’re broken English is better than your German 😉

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
204d

@divegeester said
You’re broken English is better than your German 😉
Wann goat jetzt soller Zug?

Can you look it up on Google now, smartass?