General Forum

General Forum

  1. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Joined
    28 Mar '06
    Moves
    9908
    11 Apr '18 05:46
    Thank god for HBO and Aaron Sorkin...this could apply to most western countries today and not just the US.

    YouTube
  2. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    45641
    11 Apr '18 06:02
    Originally posted by @uzless
    Thank god for HBO and Aaron Sorkin...this could apply to most western countries today and not just the US.

    [youtube]ML3qYHWRIZk[/youtube]
    Now that is brilliant.
    And let's not forget the US was great.
    Where did it go wrong? Vietnam? Nixon? IDK

    And perhaps it applies to some other countries too ...
  3. Subscriberdivegeester
    Racist, apparently
    Dumnonia
    Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    88355
    11 Apr '18 06:23
    Originally posted by @uzless
    Thank god for HBO and Aaron Sorkin...this could apply to most western countries today and not just the US.

    [youtube]ML3qYHWRIZk[/youtube]
    Nostalgic BS.

    When was America the “greatest country” in the world...some imaginary point in time between slavery and the Moon landings?
  4. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    45641
    11 Apr '18 06:27
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Nostalgic BS.

    When was America the “greatest country” in the world...some imaginary point in time between slavery and the Moon landings?
    I'd say there was an argument post-war to late 60's.
    Of course you'll be able to prove otherwise.
  5. Subscriberdivegeester
    Racist, apparently
    Dumnonia
    Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    88355
    11 Apr '18 06:362 edits
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    I'd say there was an argument post-war to late 60's.
    Of course you'll be able to prove otherwise.
    Mind you don’t put too much effort into that lofty premise 😵

    Perhaps you can say there’s an argument that NZ is the greatest country in the world and ask me to prove otherwise?
  6. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    45641
    11 Apr '18 06:51
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Mind you don’t put too much effort into that lofty premise 😵

    Perhaps you can say there’s an argument that NZ is the greatest country in the world and ask me to prove otherwise?
    All Blacks.

    Nuff said. 😛
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52782
    11 Apr '18 21:34
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    All Blacks.

    Nuff said. 😛
    Watch Michael Moore's movie 'where do we invade next' if you want to find out what country in the world is the best.

    Of course you never would being brainwashed by Faux news.
  8. Subscriberdivegeester
    Racist, apparently
    Dumnonia
    Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    88355
    11 Apr '18 21:42
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    All Blacks.

    Nuff said. 😛
    Haha!

    I looked up a few NZ lists and the ABs were in all of them.
  9. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    45641
    11 Apr '18 21:44
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    Watch Michael Moore's movie 'where do we invade next' if you want to find out what country in the world is the best.

    Of course you never would being brainwashed by Faux news.
    WTF

    When have I been brainwashed Old Man?
  10. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Joined
    08 Mar '11
    Moves
    9780
    11 Apr '18 22:59
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    I'd say there was an argument post-war to late 60's.
    Of course you'll be able to prove otherwise.
    So America was "great" when segregation, Jim Crow laws, Japanese internment camps, McCarthyism, women needing their husband's permission to own a credit card, and marital rape was still legal?
  11. Subscriberdivegeester
    Racist, apparently
    Dumnonia
    Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    88355
    11 Apr '18 23:45
    Originally posted by @vivify
    So America was "great" when segregation, Jim Crow laws, Japanese internment camps, McCarthyism, women needing their husband's permission to own a credit card, and marital rape was still legal?
    Don’t forget assassinating their own president.
  12. SubscriberWOLFE63
    Tra il dire e il far
    C'e di mezzo il mar!
    Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    21148
    12 Apr '18 03:29
    Originally posted by @vivify
    So America was "great" when segregation, Jim Crow laws, Japanese internment camps, McCarthyism, women needing their husband's permission to own a credit card, and marital rape was still legal?
    No complaints from Churchill in 1942 when America came on side.

    I'd say one could start thinking about how the U.S. tipped the balance in WW2 as initiation of greatness.
    I hope some have not forgotten June 6th 1944 and the thousands sacrificed in one of the bravest deeds ever. We helped to defeat the most powerful and evil military juggernaut in history.
    I cannot imagine a better planet now...had Hitler been victorious.
  13. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    45641
    12 Apr '18 03:34
    Originally posted by @vivify
    So America was "great" when segregation, Jim Crow laws, Japanese internment camps, McCarthyism, women needing their husband's permission to own a credit card, and marital rape was still legal?
    Great for the time and not because of those things.

    We are always slagging of the USA - give them a break sometimes!
  14. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    7203
    12 Apr '18 13:331 edit
    Originally posted by @wolfe63
    No complaints from Churchill in 1942 when America came on side.

    I'd say one could start thinking about how the U.S. tipped the balance in WW2 as initiation of greatness.
    I hope some have not forgotten June 6th 1944 and the thousands sacrificed in one of the bravest deeds ever. We helped to defeat the most powerful and evil military juggernaut in history.
    I cannot imagine a better planet now...had Hitler been victorious.
    Plenty of complaints while they were sitting on the sideline for three years waiting to see which side would win, while the UK, Russia, and resistances all over Europe did the dangerous work.

    D-Day? Yes, lots of thanks to the British, Aussies, Poles, Canadians and all the others. And to the USSR for making it posdible. Why should that make the USA, specifically, so great?

    Americans love to portray themselves as the ones who, single-handed, saved the world from Hitler, who should therefore be loved forever more and forgiven anything and everything. Reality is just slightly different.
  15. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Joined
    28 Mar '06
    Moves
    9908
    12 Apr '18 20:19
    Originally posted by @vivify
    So America was "great" when segregation, Jim Crow laws, Japanese internment camps, McCarthyism, women needing their husband's permission to own a credit card, and marital rape was still legal?
    what other country at the time outlawed these things. hmm?
Back to Top