1. Joined
    28 Jul '07
    Moves
    17 Jul '20 12:53
    Here's your opportunity to vote for your favourite limerick as featured in the 'Limerick competition'.

Thank you very much for your contributions - over a hundred to choose from. And thank you to everyone who took time to read and thumb up the ones they liked. These limericks have been dominating the recommended posts these last few days.

So please vote for your favourite five limericks. (There's plenty to choose from). Five points for your favourite and one point for your fifth favourite and so on. You can pm me with votes if you choose.

Thank you for your votes. Good luck to everyone who entered.
  2. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    17 Jul '20 13:52
    @neilarini said
    Here's your opportunity to vote for your favourite limerick as featured in the 'Limerick competition'.

Thank you very much for your contributions - over a hundred to choose from. And thank you to everyone who took time to read and thumb up the ones they liked. These limericks have been dominating the recommended posts these last few days.

So please vote for your favou ...[text shortened]... can pm me with votes if you choose.

Thank you for your votes. Good luck to everyone who entered.
    Tried doing that but by half way through the thread I already had a list of 12. I reckon you should just announce a date and time at which you count the green thumbs?? If not that, stick the top titles by green thumbs into a poll?
  3. Joined
    28 Jul '07
    Moves
    17 Jul '20 14:191 edit
    @petewxyz said
    Tried doing that but by half way through the thread I already had a list of 12. I reckon you should just announce a date and time at which you count the green thumbs?? If not that, stick the top titles by green thumbs into a poll?
    *** Update ***

With most entries having been submitted, read and thumbed I am going to declare the competition as completed with the winners according to thumbs up as of now.

Which means... that our winner is....

1. Knowledge (9 thumbs) by Indonesia Phil.
    2. 'Snickery' (8) by Wolfe
    2. Bathtime (8) by Indonesia Phil
    3. Ballad of RHP (7) by Petexwyz
    3. Proper Pronounciation (7) by Indonesia Phil
    3. Diagnosis (7) by Indonesia Phil
    3. 'Debates' (7) by Orangutan

So congratulations to Indonesia Phil.

A further 13 entries secured 6 thumbs up. Thank you again to everyone who took part. So instead of voting I would invite anyone to share their favourites.
  4. Joined
    28 Jul '07
    Moves
    17 Jul '20 14:23
    I loved reading all the entries, a great mix of wit and silliness and my absolute favourite was by Indonesia Phil (surprise, surprise) Living by numbers. It reminded me of the two ronnies' sketches/wordplay.
  5. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    17 Jul '20 14:41
    @neilarini said
    I loved reading all the entries, a great mix of wit and silliness and my absolute favourite was by Indonesia Phil (surprise, surprise) Living by numbers. It reminded me of the two ronnies' sketches/wordplay.
    Indonesia Phil is a quality wordsmith and worthy winner. Congratulations.

Congratulations Neil for a thread with so many recommendations. If you feel like counting the thumbs I would defy anybody to find a thread with as many.
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    17 Jul '20 14:45
    @petewxyz said
    Indonesia Phil is a quality wordsmith and worthy winner. Congratulations.

Congratulations Neil for a thread with so many recommendations. If you feel like counting the thumbs I would defy anybody to find a thread with as many.
    I concur he certainly dominated the Limerick thread.

-VR
  7. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    17 Jul '20 17:232 edits
    Congratulations Phil!
    A well-deserved honor indeed!

Hopefully, The Ghost; Caesar; Neil, Pete and I will be back again next year and we'll give you another run for your money. ๐Ÿ™‚

Edit: I forgot how to spell Caesar. ๐Ÿ˜‰
  8. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    17 Jul '20 17:27
    @neilarini said
    *** Update ***

With most entries having been submitted, read and thumbed I am going to declare the competition as completed with the winners according to thumbs up as of now.

Which means... that our winner is....

1. Knowledge (9 thumbs) by Indonesia Phil.
    2. 'Snickery' (8) by Wolfe
    2. Bathtime (8) by Indonesia Phil
    3. Ballad of RHP (7) by Petexwyz
    3. Proper P ...[text shortened]... ain to everyone who took part. So instead of voting I would invite anyone to share their favourites.
    You missed a good knock out style tournament opportunity.
  9. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    17 Jul '20 17:33
    @neilarini said
    Phil is the Limerick king!
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    17 Jul '20 17:43
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Phil is the Limerick king!
    I concur a rare thumbs up from me! ๐Ÿ˜‰

-VR
  11. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    17 Jul '20 17:51
    @trev33 said
    You missed a good knock out style tournament opportunity.
    Could still happen. We've since the league standings, but how would these Limericks fair in the cup??
  12. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    17 Jul '20 18:04
    It was a very good competition and we have a winner, richly deserving the honour!
  13. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    17 Jul '20 20:01
    Well, well, here's a thing...I know the cliches can roll off the tongue, but it really isn't about the winning, it's about the making of something creative and enjoyable by all, for all, especially in these virus infested times when we all need a bit of cheering up. So, thanks to Neil for the creation, and to all who voted for my nonsense!

I suppose I can't but leave with a limerick, so here's one for the road;

There was an old bugger called Phil
    Whose win gave him such a big thrill
    So he went out last night
    And he got a bit tight
    Now he's feeling decidedly ill.

Okay, I'm done ('Phew' I hear you exclaim!)

Well done to all, good stuff. Stay loose, freak out, as I used to say when I was a lot younger, but the principal still applies....

Phil
  14. Subscribermoonbus
    รœber-Nerd
    Moves
    18 Jul '20 14:35
    @very-rusty said
    I concur he certainly dominated the Limerick thread.

-VR
    There was gal quite busty,
    Who lived in a room quite dusty,
    When asked to name,
    The man of her bane,
    You know, it rhymes with musty!
  15. Subscribermoonbus
    รœber-Nerd
    Moves
    18 Jul '20 14:46
    @indonesia-phil said
    Well, well, here's a thing...I know the cliches can roll off the tongue, but it really isn't about the winning, it's about the making of something creative and enjoyable by all, for all, especially in these virus infested times when we all need a bit of cheering up. So, thanks to Neil for the creation, and to all who voted for my nonsense!

I suppose I can't but leav ...[text shortened]... e, freak out, as I used to say when I was a lot younger, but the principal still applies....

Phil
    There was a curmudgeon named Phil
    Whose words he fashioned with skill
    He hailed from Indonesia
    And when asked to declaim
    On his merit & fame
    He modestly said "anmesia."

Congrats on a well-deserved laurel wreath.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree