I get this one VR, pure class...
    Did I yank your chain?

-VR
  2. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    26 May '20 14:15
    I can't believe they are talking about bringing back hockey! How that would work I have no idea...It is breaking news waiting to hear more on it.

-VR
  3. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    26 May '20 14:19
    @very-rusty said
    I can't believe they are talking about bringing back hockey! How that would work I have no idea...It is breaking news waiting to hear more on it.

-VR
    Longer sticks?
  4. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    26 May '20 14:22

Removed by poster

5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    26 May '20 14:242 edits
    @caesar-salad said
    Longer sticks?
    c-s there are so many things involved practices the 6 foot distancing. What about the fans? The water bottles everyone would need their own, no more showering or sauna's, working out in weight rooms. Will they have to wear masks when not playing, then you have the trainers who attend to them. Only one has to catch the Covid-19 and it will spread through the team like wildfire. So many more questions. Personally I think it is asking for trouble. I love hockey by the way!

-VR
  6. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    26 May '20 14:282 edits
    @Very-Rusty

Well, down here a bunch of germy mouth-breathers went to the beaches over the weekend, so we're all doomed anyway.

Canada will just have to carry on without us.
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    26 May '20 14:301 edit
    @caesar-salad said
    @Very-Rusty

Well, down here a bunch of germy mouth-breathers went to the beaches over the weekend, so we're all doomed anyway.

Canada will just have to carry on without us.
    I actually saw that on the news, I couldn't believe there could be that many stupid people in one place. Do they think they are immune to the Covid-19?

Canada and the U.S.A. need each other!

-VR
  8. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    26 May '20 14:404 edits
    @very-rusty said
    I actually saw that on the news, I couldn't believe there could be that many stupid people in one place. Do they think they are immune to the Covid-19?

Canada and the U.S.A. need each other!

-VR
    Yeah, it is kind of unbelievable and a little depressing, too.

Maybe part of the new normal will be that some of those stupid, selfish, morbidly obese "freedom fighters" will have died off -- but not without taking a bunch of other people with them.

They probably do think they are immune, and don't give a damn about anyone else they might kill with their inconsiderate bravado.

Probably a lot of them think Covid-19 is a deep-state hoax for population control [which TBH is understandable -- I myself wonder how many in government have been thinking how useful an invented pandemic might be in the future, now that they have seen this real-life example], and will also refuse a vaccine if/when we have one.

Part of my new normal is that I might be a little more cynical and misanthropic than I used to be.

But it's still better to stay optimistic.
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    26 May '20 14:54
    @caesar-salad said
    Yeah, it is kind of unbelievable and a little depressing, too.

Maybe part of the new normal will be that some of those stupid, selfish, morbidly obese "freedom fighters" will have died off -- but not without taking a bunch of other people with them.

They probably do think they are immune, and don't give a damn about anyone else they might kill with their inconside ...[text shortened]... one.

Part of my new normal is that I'm a little more cynical and misanthropic than I used to be.
    One never knows what the government officials are up to.

It could be used as a warfare tool, as you can't see the enemy. We are certainly in a war that the scientists and medical people have to fight. All we have to do is listen to what they are telling us to do. That is doing our part in what they ask of us.

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree