1. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    02 Apr '20 13:14
    @rookie54 said
    so was i, i remember hiding under my steel tube and pressed board desk to escape certain evaporation by soviet nuclear missiles

one reason the current crisis seems so new and terrifying is that humans have already experienced this and merely fail to remember

humans, in general, do not learn from our collective mistakes
    we will, collectively, repeat the same errors wit ...[text shortened]... embered the things that have already happened
    and how those things were dealt with

brut, anyone?
    We were advised to paint ourselves white and hide under the stairs when the bombs fell. You can't say lessons weren't learned, I always have a can of white gloss handy although the cupboard has got a bit cluttered.
  2. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    02 Apr '20 13:221 edit
    @petewxyz said
    We were advised to paint ourselves white and hide under the stairs when the bombs fell. You can't say lessons weren't learned, I always have a can of white gloss handy although the cupboard has got a bit cluttered.
    That is sure to save your a$$....LOL...

-VR
  3. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    02 Apr '20 14:22
    I would say rising sea levels would be something to keep an eye on
  4. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    02 Apr '20 14:34
    @earl-of-trumps said
    I live on a hill. One day I will live on Liverpool Island if people don't learn that we really don't need all the long haul flights! I haven't bought a boat yet because I am an optimist. It may appear that I can't afford one, but in fact it is because I am an optimist!
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    02 Apr '20 14:47
    @earl-of-trumps said
    I just hope the Covid-19 doesn't take a summer break then start all over again in the fall. Some are predicting that could happen. 🙁

-VR
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    03 Apr '20 19:54
    Stop being so fearful everyone! Be strong, be brave!

No go make sure you have enough toilet paper to last you the rest of the year and hide in your house and don't answer the door for anyone.
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    03 Apr '20 19:57
    @whodey said
    Stop being so fearful everyone! Be strong, be brave!
    You do know the difference between fearful and being careful?

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree