1. Standard membermobster kitty
    mafia chief
    the safe house
    Moves
    01 Jul '19 13:13
    the late duchess of windsor has been reborn as the present duchess of sussex, meghan markle.

( always to be a celebrity and never a royal )
  2. Gothenburg
    Moves
    01 Jul '19 13:39
    @mister-moggy said
    the late duchess of windsor has been reborn as the present duchess of sussex, meghan markle.

( always to be a celebrity and never a royal )
    Wallis Simpson was a gold digger from what I learn - any reason to believe Meghan Markle is such a person?
  3. Standard membermobster kitty
    mafia chief
    the safe house
    Moves
    01 Jul '19 14:021 edit
    @Torunn

where are the facts to show that wallis simpson was a gold digger ?
    i think this is just a loose opinon.
    she was an american divorcee who caused a significant split in the royal household and wound up living abroad away from them. i think this is the future of harry and his wife.
  4. Gothenburg
    Moves
    01 Jul '19 14:27
    @mister-moggy said
    @Torunn

where are the facts to show that wallis simpson was a gold digger ?
    i think this is just a loose opinon.
    she was an american divorcee who caused a significant split in the royal household and wound up living abroad away from them. i think this is the future of harry and his wife.
    I have no facts to support my post - I just can't see why Harry and Meghan should end up the same way?
  5. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    01 Jul '19 14:58
    "i think this is just a loose opinon."

lol, the irony burns...
  6. Gothenburg
    Moves
    01 Jul '19 15:041 edit
    @rookie54 said
    "i think this is just a loose opinon."

lol, the irony burns...
    I have no opinion on this, just an idea or assumption that I have from watching documentaries on Swedish television about Edward and Mrs Simpson.
  7. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    01 Jul '19 19:001 edit
    @mister-moggy

In my opinion, the Prince of Wales and what's-er-name should retire to France and never be heard from again. Let William succeed Elizabeth; from what I've seen, he's an intelligent, well-adjusted, well-informed, young man, quite capable of bringing the royals into the 21st c.
  8. Gothenburg
    Moves
    01 Jul '19 19:15
    @moonbus said
    @mister-moggy

In my opinion, the Prince of Wales and what's-er-name should retire to France and never be heard from again. Let William succeed Elizabeth; from what I've seen, he's an intelligent, well-adjusted, well-informed, young man, quite capable of bringing the royals into the 21st c.
    I support your view on Prince William - I'm sure he will continue in a great way.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Jul '19 08:23
    Edward and Wallis are buried side by side in the grounds of Windsor Castle in an area not open to the public at Frogmoor House which I believe be the new home of Harry and Megan.

Edward and Wallis loved until death parted them, he gave up the throne in order to be with her which is something I admire in him for, but Edward’s love legacy is marred by his alleged collaborative activities with the Nazis, something there is mixed opinion about.
  10. Gothenburg
    Moves
    07 Jul '19 08:57
    @divegeester said
    Edward and Wallis are buried side by side in the grounds of Windsor Castle in an area not open to the public at Frogmoor House which I believe be the new home of Harry and Megan.

Edward and Wallis loved until death parted them, he gave up the throne in order to be with her which is something I admire in him for, but Edward’s love legacy is marred by his alleged collaborative activities with the Nazis, something there is mixed opinion about.
    I suppose Edward did the only thing possible - to give up the throne. If he had chosen to carry out his responsibilities as king, he would have been expected to marry sooner or later and that would be unthinkable. Still, he and mrs Simpson never really found a good way of living after all, from what I have learned.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Jul '19 09:08
    @torunn said
    I suppose Edward did the only thing possible - to give up the throne. If he had chosen to carry out his responsibilities as king, he would have been expected to marry sooner or later and that would be unthinkable. Still, he and mrs Simpson never really found a good way of living after all, from what I have learned.
    I cant help but feel sad for them especially when we see the relationship shenanigans of the Royals since that period.
  12. Gothenburg
    Moves
    07 Jul '19 09:21
    @divegeester said
    I cant help but feel sad for them especially when we see the relationship shenanigans of the Royals since that period.
    That's true, and there were more unhappy royals: Princess Margareta of Sweden who was refused to marry the man she loved, the Scottish nobleman and jazz pianist, Robin Douglas-Home. Instead she was allowed to marry an English businessman John Ambler.
    Princess Margareth was refused to marry Peter Townsend and instead ended up in an unhappy marriage with Antony Armstrong-Jones. Etc etc
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Jul '19 09:24
    @torunn said
    That's true, and there were more unhappy royals: Princess Margareta of Sweden who was refused to marry the man she loved, the Scottish nobleman and jazz pianist, Robin Douglas-Home. Instead she was allowed to marry an English businessman John Ambler.
    Princess Margareth was refused to marry Peter Townsend and instead ended up in an unhappy marriage with Antony Armstrong-Jones. Etc etc
    Not to mention Prince Charles marrying a divorcee and not having to abdicate the throne.
  14. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    07 Jul '19 12:28
    @divegeester said
    Oh the times they are a changin'.
  15. Gothenburg
    Moves
    07 Jul '19 20:54
    @great-big-stees said
    Oh the times they are a changin'.
    Indeed they are, and we have to change with them.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree