The RHP Bookstore across the way

The RHP Bookstore across the way

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Über-Nerd

Moves
26 Jan 23

@torunn said
It should only be open daytime, if it's a bookstore. Guests come to find new books, or go through second-hand bookshelves and maybe leave some books as well for others to pick up. Just coffee, tea, juice and sandwiches/cakes/buns/cookies. And perhaps you can bring your pets too.
Pets are ok, but no talking parrots please.

Moves
26 Jan 23

@moonbus said
Pets are ok, but no talking parrots please.
It should also be mentioned that Amanda and Bertrand are not the usual leg-rubbing bookstore cats, but are usually perched at the top of the bookcases just waiting for their moment to attack.

So I think I'll have to make a ruling that no pets whatsoever -- not even emotional-support animals -- will be allowed here.

Gothenburg

Moves
26 Jan 23

@kevin-eleven said
It should also be mentioned that Amanda and Bertrand are not the usual leg-rubbing bookstore cats, but are usually perched at the top of the bookcases just waiting for their moment to attack.

So I think I'll have to make a ruling that no pets whatsoever -- not even emotional-support animals -- will be allowed here.
Ok, I'll leave my goldfish at home then.

Moves
26 Jan 23

@torunn said
Ok, I'll leave my goldfish at home then.
Thank you. It's really for the best.

Über-Nerd

Moves
26 Jan 23

@kevin-eleven said

Dogs for the blind are out, too ? How’s my blind grand niece gonna get her manga comics in braille ?

Gothenburg

Moves
26 Jan 23

@moonbus
I'm thinking of bringing my sloth (sengångare in Swedish). By the time she reaches the bookstore, I will be on my way back home.

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
27 Jan 23

@kevin-eleven said
Sir Earl the Pearl, your post got me thinking.

I had an electrician in to check the wiring, and was glad to learn it had been modernized just a few years ago, so we should be able to support live bands without blowing all the fuses.

I'm thinking let's have Jazz Nights on Saturday evenings around 8 PM. By then most people will be rested instead of Friday-night crabb ...[text shortened]... o bed afterward, and it wouldn't overlap prime clubbing hours for the younger people.

Sound good?
Sounds good, amigo

Australia

Moves
27 Jan 23

We have a great bookstore here which doubles as a cat rehoming centre and coffeeshop. You don't need your cat destroying the furniture at home, you can just visit your furry friends often with the excuse of needing more reading matter. You wouldn't reconsider the pet ban, would you?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
28 Jan 23

Waterstones is a book store chain here in the UK who have managed to go big without completely losing that small bookshop feel. Comfy chairs, barstools, coffee, juices, cakes and pastries and that lovely smell of books as you wander the isles and stands.

Moves
29 Jan 23

@divegeester said
Waterstones is a book store chain here in the UK who have managed to go big without completely losing that small bookshop feel. Comfy chairs, barstools, coffee, juices, cakes and pastries and that lovely smell of books as you wander the isles and stands.
You have some nerve trying to form a rapport with me over our common love of the smell of books.

Moves
29 Jan 23

@kewpie said
We have a great bookstore here which doubles as a cat rehoming centre and coffeeshop. You don't need your cat destroying the furniture at home, you can just visit your furry friends often with the excuse of needing more reading matter. You wouldn't reconsider the pet ban, would you?
We already have two cats in the store: Amanda and Bertrand.

Some people might find them to be challenging, but they really are friendly in their own way.

Moves
29 Jan 23

@moonbus said
Dogs for the blind are out, too ? How’s my blind grand niece gonna get her manga comics in braille ?
Mail order?

And when she adopts some flying goldfish (this is inevitable), they would also be disallowed, for the fishes' sake.

Moves
29 Jan 23

@divegeester said
(psst: "aisles" not "isles" -- and by "wander" did you mean "prowl about"?)

👌

Moves
29 Jan 23

Oh look...

It's Kevin 🙄

Moves
29 Jan 23
1 edit

@booger said
Oh look...

It's Kevin 🙄
By the time you could see me, it would be too late.

BTW, you used to be fun. What happened?