1. Gothenburg
    Moves
    23 Mar '23 07:01
    @earl-of-trumps said
    right. it only matters when my glass is empty
    It's mostly empty, Earl. Is it because of the lousy service, or is it because you drink too fast? πŸ™‚
  2. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    23 Mar '23 12:31
    @torunn said
    It's mostly empty, Earl. Is it because of the lousy service, or is it because you drink too fast? πŸ™‚
    The speed he drinks at is of little concern. The important thing is that his glass is missing liquid. Here Earl let me fill your glass.πŸΊπŸ‘
  3. Gothenburg
    Moves
    23 Mar '23 12:34
    @great-big-stees said
    The speed he drinks at is of little concern. The important thing is that his glass is missing liquid. Here Earl let me fill your glass.πŸΊπŸ‘
    I tried to keep up but there were other guests just as thirsty as he was. πŸ™‚
  4. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    23 Mar '23 12:40
    @torunn said
    Please don’t think I was thinking the issue was of your making. I am just trying to be helpful. Relax torunn.πŸ˜²πŸ˜‰πŸ‘
  5. Gothenburg
    Moves
    23 Mar '23 13:19
    @great-big-stees said
    Please don’t think I was thinking the issue was of your making. I am just trying to be helpful. Relax torunn.πŸ˜²πŸ˜‰πŸ‘
    Thank you, time for my lunch break and a chapter in my book.
  6. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    23 Mar '23 13:32
    @torunn said
    Thank you, time for my lunch break and a chapter in my book.
    That's a lovely way to spend your lunch break.
    Are you reading an easy relaxing novel or something else?
  7. Gothenburg
    Moves
    23 Mar '23 14:13
    @yo-its-me said
    That's a lovely way to spend your lunch break.
    Are you reading an easy relaxing novel or something else?
    I'm reading a biography on Sweden's first female journalist, Wendela Hebbe. Interesting reading about women's conditions in the 19th century. Her father was a priest and unusual in that he encouraged all his daughters' education, even in subjects that were considered only suitable for men because of women's smaller mental capacity. πŸ™‚
  8. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    23 Mar '23 14:31
    @torunn said
    I'm reading a biography on Sweden's first female journalist, Wendela Hebbe. Interesting reading about women's conditions in the 19th century. Her father was a priest and unusual in that he encouraged all his daughters' education, even in subjects that were considered only suitable for men because of women's smaller mental capacity. πŸ™‚
    I used to like biographies. This one you are reading sounds interesting.
    I read too many depressing ones, it took the joy away.
  9. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    23 Mar '23 15:30
    @yo-its-me said
    I used to like biographies. This one you are reading sounds interesting.
    I read too many depressing ones, it took the joy away.
    Ask torunn about “ My family and other animals” if you want an uplifting/funny bio.πŸ‘
  10. Gothenburg
    Moves
    23 Mar '23 16:27
    @great-big-stees said
    Ask torunn about “ My family and other animals” if you want an uplifting/funny bio.πŸ‘
    A favourite book of mine. πŸ™‚
  11. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    25 Mar '23 13:19
    @torunn said
    A favourite book of mine. πŸ™‚
    My copy is beyond “dog eared”.😲 I may just get it out, pour myself a scotch and retire to the Tavern’s reading room. πŸ₯ƒπŸ‘
  12. Gothenburg
    Moves
    25 Mar '23 14:33
    @great-big-stees said
    My copy is beyond “dog eared”.😲 I may just get it out, pour myself a scotch and retire to the Tavern’s reading room. πŸ₯ƒπŸ‘
    There is a Swedish website, Bokbörsen, where we can buy books - new and old - from private persons and antiquarians. When my copies of favorite books get too bad to read, I buy extra copies to keep in case they are eventually unavailable. Books come and go so quickly now and once they are no longer printed, they will be gone.
  13. Joined
    20 May '16
    Moves
    25 Mar '23 14:53
    @torunn said
    I’ve always found a buddy system, thought out time and motion skills, and thinking ahead of your guest leads to new ideas and better service.

A leader staying ahead, being involved and willing to step in like yours is also a big helpπŸ˜‰. Now you just have to keep him there😁.
  14. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    26 Mar '23 00:31
    @torunn said
    Wow. right between the eyes lol
    Actually, Torunn, I have a terrible thirst from working out today. Chess pieces get kinda' heavy after a while. πŸ˜‰ [whistling]
  15. Joined
    20 May '16
    Moves
    26 Mar '23 00:53
    @earl-of-trumps said
    Wow. right between the eyes lol
    Actually, Torunn, I have a terrible thirst from working out today. Chess pieces get kinda' heavy after a while. πŸ˜‰ [whistling]
    So do 🐊 boots.😁

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree