The RHP Tavern on the Board is open

The RHP Tavern on the Board is open

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
66d

@torunn said
In the Tavern nobody or nothing is dying out, it's tradition. We are planning a lease renewal for another 50 years to begin with. 🙂
I am very doubtful many if any of us will be around in 50 years.

-VR

Gothenburg

Moves
66d

@very-rusty said
I am very doubtful many if any of us will be around in 50 years.

-VR
There will be people following where we left off.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
66d

@torunn said
There will be people following where we left off.
I have no idea, our Site owner will be gone in 50 years, who will he pass the torch to?

-VR

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
66d

@very-rusty said
I have no idea, our Site owner will be gone in 50 years, who will he pass the torch to?

-VR
That is to be seen. After all Gertrude has left and found people tending the Tavern 🙂

Gothenburg

Moves
66d

@ponderable said
That is to be seen. After all Gertrude has left and found people tending the Tavern 🙂
VR is a down-to-earth person and the Tavern is something a bit different from where he usually takes his coffee. 🙂

Cryogenically frozen

Moves
66d

@torunn said
VR is a down-to-earth person and the Tavern is something a bit different from where he usually takes his coffee. 🙂
Perhaps if we renamed the tavern 'MacTavern' he might be more at home?

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
65d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Perhaps if we renamed the tavern 'MacTavern' he might be more at home?
It wouldn't change the fact it is a fantasy tavern and will not always exist as this site will not always exist, everything comes to an end. Russ will eventually pass it on, sell, or simply get tired and old. Those are just FACTS, I deal with reality.

-VR

Gothenburg

Moves
65d

@very-rusty said
It wouldn't change the fact it is a fantasy tavern and will not always exist as this site will not always exist, everything comes to an end. Russ will eventually pass it on, sell, or simply get tired and old. Those are just FACTS, I deal with reality.

-VR
We know you do, but this is a general forum and everything that is said here must be taken with a pinch of salt including the posters with sometimes multiple accounts - so what makes the Tavern any different? It's a fantasy place.

Cryogenically frozen

Moves
65d

@very-rusty said

-VR
Even MacDonalds won't be around forever. 😲

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
65d
1 edit

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Even MacDonalds won't be around forever. 😲
Were I a betting man MacDonald's and Tim's will be here long after this site is gone, and I should hope it will be around for at least another quarter of a century, well I have my fingers crossed anyways. Or new ownership and they keep it pretty much as it is now. I am wishing Russ a long life mind you but taking into consideration he has to be near middle age........
-VR

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
65d

@torunn said
We know you do, but this is a general forum and everything that is said here must be taken with a pinch of salt including the posters with sometimes multiple accounts - so what makes the Tavern any different? It's a fantasy place.
If you know a poster with multiple accounts you should probably report that on feedback. 🙂

-VR

Gothenburg

Moves
65d

@very-rusty said
If you know a poster with multiple accounts you should probably report that on feedback. 🙂

-VR
I will do nothing of the kind. 🙂

Gothenburg

Moves
65d

@very-rusty said
Were I a betting man MacDonald's and Tim's will be here long after this site is gone, and I should hope it will be around for at least another quarter of a century, well I have my fingers crossed anyways. Or new ownership and they keep it pretty much as it is now. I am wishing Russ a long life mind you but taking into consideration he has to be near middle age........
-VR
What is middle age?

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
65d

@torunn said
I will do nothing of the kind. 🙂
Far be it for me to disagree with you not reporting someone who is not abiding by the Site Rules. 🙂

-VR

Gothenburg

Moves
65d
1 edit

@very-rusty said
Far be it for me to disagree with you not reporting someone who is not abiding by the Site Rules. 🙂

-VR
I'm not picking fights, I avoid conflicts as much as I can - peace and quiet is what I need.