Was Jesus poor?
    Yes.
  3. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    09 Jun '16 23:13
    Originally posted by josephw
    Yes.
    5 loafs of bread and 2 fish didn't come cheaply back in the day.
  4. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    10 Jun '16 00:58
    Yes.
    Was he too ignorant to manage much more than a pair of shoes?
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Jun '16 02:28
    That they have choices unavailable to the poor. Ideally every soul should have equal wealth, but that's not possible because the poor are too ignorant to manage much more than a pair of shoes.
    What else do you believe about "the poor"?
  6. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    10 Jun '16 02:31
    Originally posted by FMF
    Our friend Joe appears to be a bigot.
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    10 Jun '16 06:47
    Originally posted by FMF
    This thread's about the rich remember?
  8. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    10 Jun '16 06:51
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    Our friend Joe appears to be a bigot.
    It appears you are judgemental. How you read into my post about the poor being ignorant as bigoted is ignorant.
  9. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    10 Jun '16 06:53
    Originally posted by Trev33
    5 loafs of bread and 2 fish didn't come cheaply back in the day.
    Not cheap today either for multiple millions starving to death under our noses.
  10. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    10 Jun '16 06:58
    Was he too ignorant to manage much more than a pair of shoes?
    No, but you apparently are. Seems you can't manage a few simple concepts related to the meaning of my post about the disparity between the rich and poor without resorting to insults.
  11. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    10 Jun '16 07:19
    No, but you apparently are. Seems you can't manage a few simple concepts related to the meaning of my post about the disparity between the rich and poor without resorting to insults.
    There are many reasons for poverty. I'm sure you didn't mean that all people who live in poverty are there as a result of their ignorance. Indeed for many it is a result of factors completely out of their control.
  12. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    10 Jun '16 10:44
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    There are many reasons for poverty. I'm sure you didn't mean that all people who live in poverty are there as a result of their ignorance. Indeed for many it is a result of factors completely out of their control.
    Exactly Ghost. The meaning and intent of the post I made that seemed to gain the ire of Handy and FMF was in no way meant as a slight against the poor, but instead was an indictment against the rich that are in my opinion responsible for the poor being poor and ignorant.

When I say rich I mean those ten percent that control ninety percent of the worlds wealth. It is not their right nor duty to have that much power and control. It's their greed.

But what does it matter. The debate about it is so old it's been dead for centuries. As long as man rules nothing will change.
  13. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    10 Jun '16 15:28
    It appears you are judgemental. How you read into my post about the poor being ignorant as bigoted is ignorant.
    Sure, Joe, you didn't say poor people are ignorant. And if you did, you didn't really mean it.

I know some poor people who aren't actually ignorant. Maybe the rich people don't know about them yet.
  14. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    10 Jun '16 16:30
    Sure, Joe, you didn't say poor people are ignorant. And if you did, you didn't really mean it.

I know some poor people who aren't actually ignorant. Maybe the rich people don't know about them yet.
    Tell you what Andy, I'll say everyone is ignorant so you can call me an equal opportunity bigot.

Are you not even reading and following the thread? But humor me. How many of the world's poor and starving and destitute are educated? How many of the rich are educated? On a percentage basis would you say that the poor and the rich are equally educated?

Please try to have an intelligent discussion will ya! Get off you're high horse and quit accusing me of things when you really don't know anything about me at all. Or are you just naturally bigoted against anyone you disagree with?
  15. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    10 Jun '16 20:04
    How many of the world's poor and starving and destitute are educated? How many of the rich are educated? On a percentage basis would you say that the poor and the rich are equally educated?
    I have no idea what the numbers are. You tell me.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree