1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    02 Dec '15 13:04
    So with the newly developed time travel machine, we organized a trip to the past with our classical orchestra.

So our first visit will be to the Colosseum, we plan to do the Peer Gynt suite, Edvard Grieg.

Here is the plot: We have linguists able to converse fluently with the ancient Romans. We rent the Colosseum for a night concert.

Now we load the whole orchestra into a very large helicopter which has it on a stage held up by almost invisible ropes,

The chopper is way up in the air with a thousand foot rope so the orchestra comes out of the sky, totally freaking out the thousands in the audience.

Then only candle light at first, and the suite has dancers to the music in vivid costumes and there is a laser light show ready to go.

The opening of the suite is very relaxing and the audience has never heard such music before and they are entranced with the dancers doing a sunrise scene.

Then it gets into the hall of the mountain king and lights flash as in lightning and the giant timpani's start it all, then laser holograms of a giant stomping around on the stage, frightening people there.

But an announcer says it's all just show, folks. The audience calms down and the show continues.

On to the ending where dancers are whirling around on the stage to the last bars of the Peer Gynt suite.

Then they all get on the chopper stage and the rope comes down, lights go off, and they are swept away into the sky.

So that is the plan, what do you think, will the audience buy it or will they run screaming out of the Colosseum?

If they liked it we plan on doing the Nutcracker suite next.

Any thoughts as to what you would like the time travel orchestra to play and in what time period?

I would like to go back to Neandertal times and see what they think.

Of course it would be a much smaller audience.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Dec '15 13:10
    I have nagging feeling that Neanderthals are all around here.
  3. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    02 Dec '15 15:03
    Originally posted by vandervelde
    I have nagging feeling that Neanderthals are all around here.
    jebem ti ovaj šah Nice language. I hope you don't kiss anyone with that mouth.
  4. Mar-a-Lago
    Moves
    02 Dec '15 15:50
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    So with the newly developed time travel machine, we organized a trip to the past with our classical orchestra.

So our first visit will be to the Colosseum, we plan to do the Peer Gynt suite, Edvard Grieg.

Here is the plot: We have linguists able to converse fluently with the ancient Romans. We rent the Colosseum for a night concert.

Now we load th ...[text shortened]... k to Neandertal times and see what they think.

You need to lay off those herbal cigarettes dude.
  5. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    02 Dec '15 15:50
    Originally posted by Captain Strange
    You need to lay off those herbal cigarettes dude.
    Or at least share them.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    02 Dec '15 16:09
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    Or at least share them.
    Their MINE ALL MINE🙂
  7. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    02 Dec '15 17:43
    Their MINE ALL MINE🙂
    Whoa. Did somebody get up on the wrong side of the bed?
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Dec '15 17:52
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    jebem ti ovaj šah Nice language. I hope you don't kiss anyone with that mouth.
    Yep. your sister.
  9. Subscribermoonbus
    Ãœber-Nerd
    Moves
    02 Dec '15 19:17
    "Any thoughts as to what you would like the time travel orchestra to play and in what time period? "

1812 Overture, with real cannons. To be played 7 September 1812, at Borodino.
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    02 Dec '15 19:46
    Originally posted by moonbus
    "Any thoughts as to what you would like the time travel orchestra to play and in what time period? "

1812 Overture, with real cannons. To be played 7 September 1812, at Borodino.
    Oh boy, right in the thick of things! What war?🙂 Or Dec 7, 1941, Pearl Harbor......
    Maybe the cannon's would hit a few enemy planes.....
  11. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    03 Dec '15 03:17
    Originally posted by vandervelde
    Yep. your sister.
    I sure hope it's not "ti мајка".
  12. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    06 Dec '15 03:22

Now we loa ...[text shortened]... back to Neandertal times and see what they think.

"Edvard Grieg: Peer Gynt Suite No.1" (1,171,612 Views)

YouTube

"Uploaded on Nov 24, 2011 Edvard Grieg (1843-1907) is the greatest composer Norway has fostered. In retrospect one may wonder how a country with neither national freedom nor a long tradition of art music could have produced a man of such genius..."

Spectacular. Thanks, sonhouse.
  13. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    07 Dec '15 14:05

Now we load th ...[text shortened]... k to Neandertal times and see what they think.

great idea for a novel...

But you have to answer the question: why don't we read anything about this spectacle in our history books?
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    07 Dec '15 14:10
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    great idea for a novel...

But you have to answer the question: why don't we read anything about this spectacle in our history books?
    We made sure it was an alternative time path, where in that universe, the history books DID show a tech savvy orchestra had been there, at least written accounts. Which would have just been passed off as the writers taking too many magic mushrooms....

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree