General Forum

General Forum

  1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    12 Dec '13 07:31
    The Trouble with Online Public Forums

    Where else can you swap thoughts with kindred spirits from around the globe, in your slippers, from the comfort of your home? Where else can you get to know some of the finest people in the world, become lifelong friends, without even the slightest prospect of ever be with them in the same room? Where else can you be the real you that few if any know?
  2. Joined
    30 Sep '12
    Moves
    731
    12 Dec '13 12:16
    Where else can you burp and not feel obligated to say, "Excuse me"?
  3. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    97233
    12 Dec '13 12:49
    Originally posted by Paul Dirac II
    Where else can you burp and not feel obligated to say, "Excuse me"?
    Then there's habit as opposed to obligation.
  4. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Joined
    19 Apr '10
    Moves
    55013
    12 Dec '13 16:25
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]The Trouble with Online Public Forums

    Where else can you swap thoughts with kindred spirits from around the globe, in your slippers, from the comfort of your home? Where else can you get to know some of the finest people in the world, become lifelong friends, without even the slightest prospect of ever be with them in the same room? Where else can you be the real you that few if any know?[/b]
    I dunno, I think the real problem is one fella says something, then haters thumb it down. πŸ˜•
  5. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    At the edge
    Joined
    23 Sep '06
    Moves
    18031
    12 Dec '13 16:49
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    I dunno, I think the real problem is one fella says something, then haters thumb it down. πŸ˜•
    Why would Bobby have any haters?
  6. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Joined
    19 Apr '10
    Moves
    55013
    12 Dec '13 17:40
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    Why would Bobby have any haters?
    I didn't say Bobby. πŸ˜•
  7. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    14639
    12 Dec '13 18:07
    Originally posted by Paul Dirac II
    Where else can you burp and not feel obligated to say, "Excuse me"?
    China.
  8. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Joined
    19 Apr '10
    Moves
    55013
    12 Dec '13 18:11
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]The Trouble with Online Public Forums

    Where else can you swap thoughts with kindred spirits from around the globe, in your slippers, from the comfort of your home? Where else can you get to know some of the finest people in the world, become lifelong friends, without even the slightest prospect of ever be with them in the same room? Where else can you be the real you that few if any know?[/b]
    http://ct.fra.bz/ol/fz/sw/i50/5/3/28/frabz-I-DIDNT-REALLY-HEAR-THE-QUESTION-But-the-answer-is-aliens-164a68.jpg
  9. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    At the edge
    Joined
    23 Sep '06
    Moves
    18031
    12 Dec '13 18:28
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    I didn't say Bobby. πŸ˜•
    Which fella did you have in mind?
  10. Joined
    30 Sep '12
    Moves
    731
    12 Dec '13 19:04
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    China.
    Well, I knew spitting on the ground was big there.
  11. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Joined
    19 Apr '10
    Moves
    55013
    12 Dec '13 19:291 edit
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    Which fella did you have in mind?
    Phlab and TrevπŸ™
  12. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    10328
    12 Dec '13 19:34
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    Phlab and TrevπŸ™
    Only the greats get thumbed.
  13. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    14639
    12 Dec '13 19:53
    Originally posted by Paul Dirac II
    Well, I knew spitting on the ground was big there.
    Apparently burping is also ok there under certain circumstances. Those Chinese, what a crazy bunch!

    I once worked with a guy from... not sure, maybe the Philippenes. He made all kinds of disgusting sounds of which I had no idea the human body was capable of making. For him it was completely normal. He must've thought I was quite rude for not constantly coughing, burping, farting, slurping, squelching, snorting, snoring, spitting, scratching, barking, barfing, choking, hawking, gasping, rasping, panting, hissing, huff'n 'n puff'n.
  14. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    2014.05.01
    Joined
    11 Apr '07
    Moves
    92274
    12 Dec '13 19:56
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]The Trouble with Online Public Forums

    Where else can you swap thoughts with kindred spirits from around the globe, in your slippers, from the comfort of your home? Where else can you get to know some of the finest people in the world, become lifelong friends, without even the slightest prospect of ever be with them in the same room? Where else can you be the real you that few if any know?[/b]
    Where was the "trouble" part? I seem to have missed it.
  15. Standard membersmw6869
    Granny
    Parts Unknown
    Joined
    19 Jan '07
    Moves
    72853
    12 Dec '13 20:15
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    Apparently burping is also ok there under certain circumstances. Those Chinese, what a crazy bunch!

    I once worked with a guy from... not sure, maybe the Philippenes. He made all kinds of disgusting sounds of which I had no idea the human body was capable of making. For him it was completely normal. He must've thought I was quite rude for not consta ...[text shortened]... ching, barking, barfing, choking, hawking, gasping, rasping, panting, hissing, huff'n 'n puff'n.
    Sounds like my fourth husband when we made piggies.



    GRANNY.
Back to Top