The Trouble with Online Public Forums

The Trouble with Online Public Forums

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
12 Dec 13

Originally posted by smw6869
Sounds like my fourth husband when we made piggies.

GRANNY.
Now that'd be a sight for sore eyes.😲

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
12 Dec 13

Originally posted by SwissGambit
Where was the "trouble" part? I seem to have missed it.
The "trouble part", SG, is hidden from view; it's within ourselves: our lack of appreciation for online public forums (or the trouble with online correspondence chess) and the many ways both have shaped our lives. It's about gratitude and praise.

d

Moves
12 Dec 13

Too funny.

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
12 Dec 13
1 edit

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
13 Dec 13

The post that was quoted here has been removed
Good point. Where else can you witness innocent people being tossed under buses; train wrecks waiting to happen; live gnomes and trolls; receive psychological autopsies and your personalized human rating daily free of charge? lol

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
13 Dec 13
1 edit

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
Good point. Where else can you witness innocent people being tossed under buses; train wrecks waiting to happen; live gnomes and trolls; receive psychological autopsies and your personalized human rating daily free of charge? lol
In the real world?

I come here to practise my communication and social skills, ( I thought it would be a much gentler learning curve though) and of course all the great infotainment.

Moves
13 Dec 13

Originally posted by kevcvs57
In the real world?

I come here to practise my communication and social skills, ( I thought it would be a much gentler learning curve though) and of course all the great infotainment.
Silly, silly man.

HoH
Thug

Playing with matches

Moves
13 Dec 13

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
[b]The Trouble with Online Public Forums

Where else can you swap thoughts with kindred spirits from around the globe, in your slippers, from the comfort of your home? Where else can you get to know some of the finest people in the world, become lifelong friends, without even the slightest prospect of ever be with them in the same room? Where else can you be the real you that few if any know?[/b]
People like you that spend all their time polluting a single forum like it's their own personal blog are a significant problem with online forums.

IP

Moves
14 Dec 13

I write stuff on here sometimes and read it afterwards and think 'did I really say that?'; maybe I've always just lost a game of chess or something (happens a lot) but I seem to come across as some kind of sociopath. Also it gives you a chance to write complete rubbish (that would be garbage in certain parts of the world) and bore the pants (that would be underpants in certain parts of the world) off people and they have to read it because there might be something good at the end. Sorry to disappoint...See; this is what I'm talking about, did I really write this?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
16 Dec 13

Where else can you buy a lovely white wedding dress made in China (priced at $469 on Sale Today for $189 Plus Tax)?