1. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    18 Dec '15 22:47
    In this country, it starts in late November and doesn't end until mid-February. It's when the networks dig out the stuff that flopped and run it in prime time, and all the beginner presenters get their chance in front of a camera. Those of us without decent internet streaming options can either drag out all the stuff we recorded off-air during the year, or forget TV altogether and find other things to do, which is not so difficult in summer.
  2. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    19 Dec '15 01:43

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Dec '15 05:35
    I watch almost no TV 'live' when the programmes are broadcast. Nearly everything I watch is stuff I've downloaded. I have pretty much complete control over what I see. I might watch episode 1 of something lame from time to time. I have thus eradicated such phenomena as the "TV silly season" from my life.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Dec '15 06:571 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    I watch almost no TV 'live' when the programmes are broadcast. Nearly everything I watch is stuff I've downloaded. I have pretty much complete control over what I see. I might watch episode 1 of something lame from time to time. I have thus eradicated such phenomena as the "TV silly season" from my life.
    Same here I use Sky+ extensively to create my own channel.

My wife watches lots of "as its broadcast" stuff, such as bake-offs, model-offs, dance-offs, jungle-offs, pottery-offs and a variety of other toe-curling pap which I tolerate because she is awesome.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree