1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    12 Aug '16 07:28
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Exactly.
    That's what I thought.

The only 'movement' I'm aware of is the exodus of common sense and truth.
  2. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    12 Aug '16 08:13
    Originally posted by josephw
    What what?
    What's on second.
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    12 Aug '16 22:46
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    No sir, decidedly 'irregular.'
    Sir,
    Try Bran Flakes in the morning have plenty of fiber, but you also have to drink lots of water. IF not you will be constipated and you don't want that. Then you will be regular every day! πŸ˜‰

Regards,
    -VR
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    12 Aug '16 22:561 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    [b]There is a 'movement' about to abolish all the forums and put everything into one ginormous forum. ~ Suzianne

Of course, Suzianne was just making this up - no one has ever proposed any such thing, as far as I am aware, and she is [of course] unable to say who has. But, nevertheless, it raises an interesting question that maybe the General Forum crowd m ...[text shortened]... hose three forums into one and making it twelve instead of fourteen.

What are your thoughts?[/b]
    FMF,
    GB and I agreed with a lot of things. This is one thing I would strongly disagree about. Some people really don't care about sports, unless it happens to be European football, which we call soccer. I once put something in the General Forum about Hockey and it was quickly moved to the Sports forum.

The Moderator told me many people were just not interested in Hockey, plus I had the post in the wrong forum he/she was absolutely correct of course. No ban for that one. πŸ˜‰

On a personal note I don't come in the General forum to see posts about Sports or Culture. Simply for all the "different topics" that are discussed, debated, sometimes heated discussions. I believe that is why the "Sports" and "Culture" have their own forums. If you don't want to talk about it, you don't have to go in them.

Regards,
    -VR
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Aug '16 01:23
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    On a personal note I don't come in the General forum to see posts about Sports or Culture. Simply for all the "different topics" that are discussed, debated, sometimes heated discussions. I believe that is why the "Sports" and "Culture" have their own forums. If you don't want to talk about it, you don't have to go in them.
    Under my proposal, this would not be a problem. If you didn't want to talk about sports or culture-related topics on the General Forum you could simply ignore those threads.
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    13 Aug '16 02:313 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    Under my proposal, this would not be a problem. If you didn't want to talk about sports or culture-related topics on the General Forum you could simply ignore those threads.
    Sir,
    We can agree to disagree on this and not get anywhere. I think it is fine just the way it is. This is my opinion of course. I think having all 3 Forums together in the one forum would cause more issues than we presently have. They would still be there to see just the same. Of course I respect your opinion also, on the subject.

Regards,
    -VR
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Aug '16 03:211 edit
    We can agree to disagree on this and not get anywhere. I think it is fine just the way it is. This is my opinion of course. I think having all 3 Forums together in the one forum would cause more issues than we presently have. They would still be there to see just the same. Of course I respect your opinion also, on the subject.
    I think having all 3 Forums together in the one forum would cause more issues than we presently have.

What "issues" do you think we currently have?
  8. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    13 Aug '16 07:19
    FMF,
    GB and I agreed with a lot of things. This is one thing I would strongly disagree about. Some people really don't care about sports, unless it happens to be European football, which we call soccer. I once put something in the General Forum about Hockey and it was quickly moved to the Sports forum.

The Moderator told me many people were j ...[text shortened]... r own forums. If you don't want to talk about it, you don't have to go in them.

Regards,
    -VR
    Thought we had already established sir that hockey isn't a sport?

πŸ˜›

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree