General Forum

General Forum

  1. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29885
    11 Aug '16 03:20
    There is a 'movement' about to abolish all the forums and put everything into one ginormous forum. ~ Suzianne

    Of course, Suzianne was just making this up - no one has ever proposed any such thing, as far as I am aware, and she is [of course] unable to say who has. But, nevertheless, it raises an interesting question that maybe the General Forum crowd might want to address.

    Would this General Forum be a more lively and eclectic place if it were merged with the Culture and Sport Forums, and in so doing reducing the number of forums from 14 to 12.

    I remember Grampy Bobby, among others, agreed with me on this. I might not have agreed with many of his ideas about how the forums ought to be different, but no one can question the sincerity of his desire to see things change for the better. And he was right about merging those three forums into one and making it twelve instead of fourteen.

    What are your thoughts?
  2. Unknown Territories
    Joined
    05 Dec '05
    Moves
    20408
    11 Aug '16 05:02
    Originally posted by FMF
    [b]There is a 'movement' about to abolish all the forums and put everything into one ginormous forum. ~ Suzianne

    Of course, Suzianne was just making this up - no one has ever proposed any such thing, as far as I am aware, and she is [of course] unable to say who has. But, nevertheless, it raises an interesting question that maybe the General Forum crowd m ...[text shortened]... hose three forums into one and making it twelve instead of fourteen.

    What are your thoughts?[/b]
    Take it to Site Ideas, Spanky.
  3. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29885
    11 Aug '16 05:42
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Take it to Site Ideas, Spanky.
    No thanks, I'd rather not. I am not particularly interested in what the Site Ideas crowd think about it. I'm more interested specifically in what the regulars here think seeing as the proposal concerns the expansion and potential livening up of this forum.
  4. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    11 Aug '16 06:55
    Originally posted by FMF
    [b]There is a 'movement' about to abolish all the forums and put everything into one ginormous forum. ~ Suzianne

    Of course, Suzianne was just making this up - no one has ever proposed any such thing, as far as I am aware, and she is [of course] unable to say who has. But, nevertheless, it raises an interesting question that maybe the General Forum crowd m ...[text shortened]... hose three forums into one and making it twelve instead of fourteen.

    What are your thoughts?[/b]
    Is this a 'movement'?
  5. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    A Spirited Misfit
    in London
    Joined
    14 Mar '15
    Moves
    11638
    11 Aug '16 06:56
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Take it to Site Ideas, Spanky.
    But if we have one ginormous forum, this 'is' Site Ideas. 😲
  6. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    11 Aug '16 06:57
    Originally posted by FMF
    No thanks, I'd rather not. I am not particularly interested in what the Site Ideas crowd think about it. I'm more interested specifically in what the regulars here think seeing as the proposal concerns the expansion and potential livening up of this forum.
    Am I a "regular"? 😉
  7. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    11 Aug '16 06:59
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    But if we have one ginormous forum, this 'is' Site Ideas. 😲
    I had an "idea" once!
  8. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    A Spirited Misfit
    in London
    Joined
    14 Mar '15
    Moves
    11638
    11 Aug '16 07:00
    Originally posted by josephw
    Am I a "regular"? 😉
    No sir, decidedly 'irregular.'
  9. Stargazing
    Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    89251
    11 Aug '16 07:45
    Originally posted by josephw
    Is this a 'movement'?
    Suzianne thinks there is another, separate and quite independent movement, which is nothing to do with this current thread, it's creator or any small animals. Suzianne thinks this other movement is like a monster of sorts with massive teeth which have the heads of moderators and the bodies of dead ex-members of RHP. This monster shall reign for a thousand days causing much shlt to occureth and much gnashing of gums.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35898
    11 Aug '16 08:31
    Originally posted by FMF
    [b]There is a 'movement' about to abolish all the forums and put everything into one ginormous forum. ~ Suzianne

    Of course, Suzianne was just making this up - no one has ever proposed any such thing, as far as I am aware, and she is [of course] unable to say who has. But, nevertheless, it raises an interesting question that maybe the General Forum crowd m ...[text shortened]... hose three forums into one and making it twelve instead of fourteen.

    What are your thoughts?[/b]
    And here it is.

    So, you tell me. Am I psychic? No?

    You're right. This isn't the first time he's brought this up.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35898
    11 Aug '16 08:34
    Originally posted by FMF
    No thanks, I'd rather not. I am not particularly interested in what the Site Ideas crowd think about it. I'm more interested specifically in what the regulars here think seeing as the proposal concerns the expansion and potential livening up of this forum.
    As I said (numerous times, every time you bring it up), this isn't the first time.

    It was a sucky idea then, it's a sucky idea now.
  12. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29885
    11 Aug '16 08:35
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    And here it is.

    So, you tell me. Am I psychic? No?

    You're right. This isn't the first time he's brought this up.
    So, then, Suzianne. Who is proposing "to abolish all the forums and put everything into one ginormous forum"? Name names. 🙄
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35898
    11 Aug '16 08:36
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Suzianne thinks there is another, separate and quite independent movement, which is nothing to do with this current thread, it's creator or any small animals. Suzianne thinks this other movement is like a monster of sorts with massive teeth which have the heads of moderators and the bodies of dead ex-members of RHP. This monster shall reign for a thousand days causing much shlt to occureth and much gnashing of gums.
    Yeah, yeah, whatever.

    Do let us know when you come up with something new.

    Not holding my breath on that one.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35898
    11 Aug '16 08:36
    Originally posted by FMF
    So, then, Suzianne. Who is proposing "to abolish all the forums and put everything into one ginormous forum"? Name names. 🙄
    "What?"
  15. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29885
    11 Aug '16 08:36
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    It was a sucky idea then, it's a sucky idea now.
    Why do you think it's a "sucky" idea?
Back to Top