Things that bewilder?

Things that bewilder?

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
08 Apr 19
1 edit

Stilettos and long fingernails.

Why would a woman (or man) ever want to make themselves so vulnerable, dependent and useless?

Moves
08 Apr 19
1 edit

@drewnogal said

Why would a woman (or man) ever want to make themselves so vulnerable, dependent and useless?
From a study...

“The woman accosted a total 90 men, changing her shoes after every 10. The researchers sat nearby and tracked men’s willingness to take the survey—and their willingness was directly related to the woman’s heel height:

Flats: 47 percent of men were willing to take the survey.
Medium heels: 63 percent of men were willing to take the survey.
High heels: 83 percent of men were willing to take the survey.”

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/all-about-sex/201612/the-uncanny-psychology-high-heels

I think both high heels and long nails, in certain places and times, signal and symbolize a life of relative leisure, rather like that of a ‘working girl,’ or if she is smart, a ‘kept woman.’ Today’s version also serves as ‘arm candy’ for ‘alpha males.’ Edit: or has, until recently.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
08 Apr 19

@drewnogal said

Long fingernails could be used as weapons! πŸ˜‰

-VR

Jack Torrance

Overlook Hotel

Moves
08 Apr 19

A friend of mine seriously broke his ankle on 5th Dec. last year.
He slipped on the wet decking of his patio.
Five days in hospital,full length plaster.
Plates have been pinned in place and he has only just felt confident enough to cast aside his zimmer frame and walk with a crutch.
His surgeon told him he was glad to get in a bit of practice before the party season gets into full swing.He said he had performed dozens of these operations on young women who had fallen off their stilettos after a couple of glasses of prosecco.
My pal is in his 60's and accepts he will walk with a stick for the rest of his days.
But a devastating injury to a young woman I would think.

Read a book!

Moves
08 Apr 19

Body piercing in all its bizarre forms.

Gothenburg

Moves
08 Apr 19

Tattoo.

Trump 2020

Moves
08 Apr 19

Fat people

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
08 Apr 19

@chessturd said
Fat people
Really?

Fat people bewilder you?

-VR

Trump 2020

Moves
08 Apr 19

Yep

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
08 Apr 19

@chessturd said
Yep
How so?

I am bewildered by the fact someone would call themselves 'chessturd'!

-VR

Trump 2020

Moves
08 Apr 19

You bewilder me.

free tazer tickles..

wildly content...

Moves
08 Apr 19
1 edit

so you need the salivary glands of the mosquito to extract the malaria parasite so you can concoct a vaccine that nobody wants their kids to get...
and,
it's tough to behead each and every mosquito so that you are able to get to the salivary glands...
voila,
some genius creates a guillotine designed for mosquitoes...
it will do 30 at a time...
THIRTY
so,
you really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, want to see this cool lil headchopper, especially if there's youtube involved,

because who doesn't like to see insects decapitated???

but,
the article referencing the tiny lil mosquitotine only briefly covers the device and instead goes deep into the way the parasite vectors and evolves in the body and that's just BEWILDERING...

edit
forgot the link
https://tinyurl.com/y3pfuydq

Über-Nerd

Moves
08 Apr 19

@drewnogal said

I have it on good authority that women do not dress for men; they dress for themselves.

Of course, men too have impractical and sometimes hazardous foibles. F1 motor racing, free climbing, hang gliding, answering questions posed by strange women in high heels with nine-inch nails, spring to mind. There is a certain exhilaration in taking risks; this is a pleasurable sensation, and therefore not bewildering.

Is there some comparable exhilaration for a woman to dress up, to preen, to flaunt whatever she has? I suppose there must be. Of course, the high heels and painted nails are culturally specific; in a different culture, it might be some other accouterment (such as neck rings).

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
08 Apr 19

@moonbus said
I have it on good authority that women do not dress for men; they dress for themselves.
Women dress for themselves to make themselves attractive to men.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
08 Apr 19

@very-rusty said
Long fingernails could be used as weapons! πŸ˜‰

-VR
Is that what you use yours for?