1. Green Boots Cave
    Moves
    10 May '15 12:35
    USB leads and battery chargers.Why does each device have a different USB lead and charger?
    At home I have 2 laptops but the battery chargers are different.
    I have 2 external hard drives each with different connections for power and the USB to the computer.
    When going on holiday I have to take a small bag of them.
    My e-book has a different lead to my partners
    My camera has a different lead to my partners – even though we both have Lumix cameras.
    Our mobile phones have different connections for the chargers.
    It would be much easier if one or two leads fitted everything.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    10 May '15 13:54
    Originally posted by biffo konker
    USB leads and battery chargers.Why does each device have a different USB lead and charger?
    I have 2 external hard drives each with different connections for power and the USB to the computer.
    My e-book has a different lead to ...[text shortened]... nt connections for the chargers.
    Where do you live? I also have a lumix camera, 2 in fact, and they both have the miniUSB port for charging and uploading images to the laptop or PC. Same with my cell, we have T Mobile also and my wife has a Note 4 and I have a galaxy S3 and she has a tablet and ebook thingy and every one of those devices uses the same charging port.

In the past, here in the US, I was VERY annoyed at what you are saying, every phone and device had a different charger and I think the industry got the hint and went to the miniUSB port device for everything.

One thing I just thought of in the annoying department: Going to the store this morning, they go, that will be $69.34 AND YOU SAVED $5.35.

No, I actually spent 69 bucks. That AND YOU SAVED seems to be the new religious mantra for every retail outlet now, it drives me up a wall.
  3. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    10 May '15 14:40
    Banks that charge you for your current account.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    10 May '15 17:24
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Where do you live? I also have a lumix camera, 2 in fact, and they both have the miniUSB port for charging and uploading images to the laptop or PC. Same with my cell, we have T Mobile also and my wife has a Note 4 and I have a galaxy S3 and she has a tablet and ebook thingy and every one of those devices uses the same charging port.

In the past, here i ...[text shortened]... SAVED seems to be the new religious mantra for every retail outlet now, it drives me up a wall.
    Well I take some of that back, we have a common charger but the miniUSB for the camera's. Still, only two charger shapes now.
  5. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    10 May '15 18:16
    I hate it when I start to send an in game message after writing a well thought out novel worthy post and suddenly the message window disappears right in front of my eyes never to reappear and I have to start all over again and it comes out to be crap instead.
  6. Green Boots Cave
    Moves
    10 May '15 18:27
    Originally posted by sonhouse

In the past, here i ...[text shortened]... SAVED seems to be the new religious mantra for every retail outlet now, it drives me up a wall.
    I live in Germany. Maybe I was just unlucky!
  7. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    10 May '15 19:221 edit
    My e-book has a different lead to my partners
    My camera has a different lead to my partners – even though we both have Lumix cameras.
    Our mobile phones have different connections for the chargers.
    You should have checked these things before getting married. 🙄
  8. Joined
    04 Oct '10
    Moves
    11 May '15 13:23
    Bill Gates/Microsoft
    Mark Zuckerberg (worth 35.1 BILLION USD) I mean seriously, did the guy cure cancer? What would THAT be worth?
    The kids across the street thumping that damn basketball on the street (is there any other more maddening noise?)
    Having to enter account info on the keypad only to be asked by the support staff to give it verbally anyway
    I could go on and on... but then you might mistake me for a crank.
  9. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    11 May '15 14:16
    Originally posted by cashthetrash
    I hate it when I start to send an in game message after writing a well thought out novel worthy post and suddenly the message window disappears right in front of my eyes never to reappear and I have to start all over again and it comes out to be crap instead.
    ditto😠 And I am really verbose.
  10. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    11 May '15 14:16
    Originally posted by bks2000
    Bill Gates/Microsoft
    Mark Zuckerberg (worth 35.1 BILLION USD) I mean seriously, did the guy cure cancer? What would THAT be worth?
    The kids across the street thumping that damn basketball on the street (is there any other more maddening noise?)
    Having to enter account info on the keypad only to be asked by the support staff to give it verbally anyway
    I could go on and on... but then you might mistake me for a crank.
    Might?
  11. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    11 May '15 17:52
    When people call a pound sign a hashtag.
  12. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    11 May '15 18:56
    Originally posted by vivify
    When people call a pound sign a hashtag.
    But a pound sign is a hashtag. (*Joke).
  13. Subscribermoonbus
    Ãœber-Nerd
    Moves
    12 May '15 09:31
    Microsoft products. All of them, as far back as w95.
  14. Subscribermoonbus
    Ãœber-Nerd
    Moves
    12 May '15 09:33
    My e-book has a different lead to ...[text shortened]... nt connections for the chargers.
    Proprietary plugs are the potholes of the information superhighway.
  15. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    12 May '15 17:151 edit
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    And the "skunky" smell.
    Heineken can't even manage to smell skunky; you must be thinking of Grolsch.

On which note: Limeys who think lager isn't real beer. They've never tried a proper one, only Stella, which they still think really is "Premium".
    Also, Anglophones who respond "Gesundheit" if you use a word their throats are too wussy to be able to pronounce - like "Grolsch".

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree