Things we didn’t know existed

Things we didn’t know existed

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
03 Nov 19

@great-big-stees said
See how untechy I am. That would make it soooo easy. Now to figure out how to do that.
Or just change it so you remain logged in every time you visit the site 😉

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
03 Nov 19

@trev33 said
Or just change it so you remain logged in every time you visit the site 😉
I set mine when I set it up I believe there was a box to check off to stay logged on. I don't know if it shows you logged in all the time. Someone once told me I appeared to be on 24/7 so maybe it does?

-VR

Gothenburg

Moves
03 Nov 19

@very-rusty said
I set mine when I set it up I believe there was a box to check off to stay logged on. I don't know if it shows you logged in all the time. Someone once told me I appeared to be on 24/7 so maybe it does?

-VR
I don't think so, it's just that when you type your user name, you are automatically connected with your password, and I think there is a box somewhere to click.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
03 Nov 19

@torunn said
I don't think so, it's just that when you type your user name, you are automatically connected with your password, and I think there is a box somewhere to click.
I just went in and I see where one can change their password. Of course you would have to know it to change it. The box for staying auto connected isn't there. I'd go to Russ on that one.

-VR

Moves
04 Nov 19

@torunn said
There are a lot of techy people here - they will know what to do. I can't remember what I did. If you use RHP from two different places - laptop and Ipad... well, somebody here will know.
On many password-protected sites, when you log in you are asked to check a box if you want the site to “remember me on this device” or words to that effect. This will eliminate the future need to log in on that device (eg, your cellphone). It stores your device ID code in your user info file, along with your check-box setting. But the site may lose its settings or you may inadvertently erase them.

But don’t forget, life isn’t fair. The fact that this topic has any of our attention is a sort of first-world example of this.

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
06 Nov 19

Troll Farms

p
Please Pay Attention

Lethabong

Moves
06 Nov 19

@drewnogal

Troll Airport.

Über-Nerd

Moves
06 Nov 19

@divegeester

A smart plug is one component of what is called the Internet of Things.

Take it to Technology, Spanky.

free tazer tickles..

wildly content...

Moves
06 Nov 19

@pawnpaw said
@drewnogal

Troll Airport.
troll library

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
07 Nov 19

@js357 said
On many password-protected sites, when you log in you are asked to check a box if you want the site to “remember me on this device” or words to that effect. This will eliminate the future need to log in on that device (eg, your cellphone). It stores your device ID code in your user info file, along with your check-box setting. But the site may lose its settings or you may inad ...[text shortened]... ’t fair. The fact that this topic has any of our attention is a sort of first-world example of this.
It's usually a cookie on your device that the site looks for.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
07 Nov 19

@very-rusty said
You have a code? I have a password! 😉 No it isn't "password"!! 😛

-VR
It's "kick me".

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
07 Nov 19

@suzianne said
It's "kick me".
STOP Suzie Q, you shouldn't give your password out!!!! 😛 😉

-VR

p
Please Pay Attention

Lethabong

Moves
07 Nov 19

@pawnpaw said
@drewnogal

Troll Airport.
There really is an airport called Troll airport.

Moves
07 Nov 19

@moonbus said
@divegeester
Take it to Technology, Spanky.
"Spanky" is a word I didn't know existed until I came to RHP.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
07 Nov 19

@divegeester said
"Spanky" is a word I didn't know existed until I came to RHP.
I had no idea what the word meant....I don't know that it is even used properly now.

George McFarland - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org › wiki › George_McFarland
George McFarland (October 2, 1928 – June 30, 1993) was an American actor most famous for his appearances as a child as Spanky in the Our Gang series of short-subject comedies of the 1930s and 1940s. The Our Gang shorts were later syndicated to television as The Little Rascals.
Years active‎: ‎1931–1944 Occupation‎: ‎Child actor
Born‎: ‎George Robert Phillips McFarland or Ge... Died‎: ‎June 30, 1993 (aged 64); ‎

-VR