1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 May '20 13:001 edit
    The cardboard boxes stuff we buy comes in.

When I last moved house I had dozens of perfectly good packaging boxes in the loft. I couldn’t be arsed to try and get the items back into the polystyrene inserts so they all got thrown. I had to make a special trip to the recycling centre wasting time and fuel.

Just been into the garage where I live now to store a box. 🙄

Just posted this in spirituality by mistake. I bet SecondSon still thumbs it down and calls me an “enemy of God”, just because.
  2. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    15 May '20 13:06
    @divegeester said
    “enemy of God”
    please allow me the honor of labeling you

you corrugated cardboard hoarding enemy of the Friend
  3. Gothenburg
    Moves
    15 May '20 19:33
    @rookie54 said
    please allow me the honor of labeling you

you corrugated cardboard hoarding enemy of the Friend
    I have kept books over the years so that is nothing new - they are family and must be kept. My mother saved paper bags in all sizes. She never used them to anything but they were too good to throw away. 🙂
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    15 May '20 19:36
    I don't even know why I have a lot of things haven't used them in years, and Clothes I haven't wore in years. Time to clean up and pass them on to folks who can use them!

Thanks Dive for the reminder!

-VR
  5. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    15 May '20 19:47
    @divegeester said
    The cardboard boxes stuff we buy comes in.

When I last moved house I had dozens of perfectly good packaging boxes in the loft. I couldn’t be arsed to try and get the items back into the polystyrene inserts so they all got thrown. I had to make a special trip to the recycling centre wasting time and fuel.

Just been into the garage where I live now to store a box. 🙄 ...[text shortened]... ality by mistake. I bet SecondSon still thumbs it down and calls me an “enemy of God”, just because.
    Old cables in the belief they will come in handy in the future. Anybody remember the 5 pin DIN plug??
  6. Gothenburg
    Moves
    15 May '20 19:52
    @very-rusty said
    I don't even know why I have a lot of things haven't used them in years, and Clothes I haven't wore in years. Time to clean up and pass them on to folks who can use them!

Thanks Dive for the reminder!

-VR
    That's good thinking, VR - pass things on which you have no use for.
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    15 May '20 19:551 edit
    @petewxyz said
    Old cables in the belief they will come in handy in the future. Anybody remember the 5 pin DIN plug??
    Yes, I believe that goes back to the early 80's!!

-VR
  8. Joined
    01 May '20
    Moves
    15 May '20 20:00
    I have nothing 😔
  9. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    15 May '20 20:31
    Coming as I do from ever so humble roots, I rarely buy anything I don't need, and I'm the consumate giver/thrower away of anything which is not immediately required, I prefer travelling light. She who is most beloved on the other hand (who is less humble of origin), buys stuff, and is a 'That'll come in handy one day' kind of girl.
    She's usually right.
  10. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    15 May '20 20:39
    @indonesia-phil said
    She who is most beloved on the other hand (who is less humble of origin), buys stuff, and is a 'That'll come in handy one day' kind of girl.
    She's usually right.
    You can say that again!
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    15 May '20 20:43
    @indonesia-phil said
    Coming as I do from ever so humble roots, I rarely buy anything I don't need, and I'm the consumate giver/thrower away of anything which is not immediately required, I prefer travelling light. She who is most beloved on the other hand (who is less humble of origin), buys stuff, and is a 'That'll come in handy one day' kind of girl.
    She's usually right.
    I too come from very humble roots, which is the reason I save everything I buy. I don't even throw stuff away that should be thrown away! I must give away the stuff I haven't used in years some of it is new still in the packages they came in.

-VR
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 May '20 22:00
    @very-rusty said
    I must give away the stuff I haven't used in years some of it is new still in the packages they came in.
    Such as?
  13. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    15 May '20 22:201 edit
    I have a pine glass fronted bookcase packed with memorabilia; things my sons made in primary school of clay, wood and cardboard, their favourite tiny toys, little ornaments that were presents from nieces & nephews and children & people I worked with, small Polish crystal pieces, pics of the boys when they were small and my old cassette tape collection. I’ll keep them until I die then most will be thrown away.

I always remember seeing a cabinet full of tiny, ornamental pairs of shoes at an auction. It brought a lump to my throat 😢
  14. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    15 May '20 23:00
    @petewxyz said
    5 pin? I've got some 3 pin DIN!

Actually I haven't, moving to NZ was very cathartic - we decided on not
    getting a container and arrived with 2 suitcases each. I'd recommend it.
  15. The World
    Moves
    15 May '20 23:05

Removed by poster

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree