1. Joined
    09 Jun '04
    Moves
    01 Dec '13 00:44
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I remember you in your (our?) heyday. I'm older and (somewhat) wiser now, although someone in another forum (or was it this one?) called me a shrieking harpy just the other day. 🙂 And I thought I'd outgrown that.
    I remember certain things about you too.

Good times, rattling cages.

Never once thought you were a shrieking harpy though.
  2. Joined
    30 Sep '12
    Moves
    01 Dec '13 00:52
    The stability of the neutron when it is incorporated into a nucleus.

(It explodes into three particles with a half life of 15 minutes when NOT incorporated into a nucleus.)
  3. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    01 Dec '13 00:59
    Originally posted by hopscotch
    Hey, I'm just calling it like I see it. I was here during times when you couldn't get up to grab a slice of cake without missing out on twelve layers of serious drama, post removals, bannings, and good old fashioned beat-downs.

If you haven't seen a guy in twenty years, and he goes, "hey, you got fat." are you going to call him a whiner?
    Everyone here is a TAD sensitive about the weight they've gained.
  4. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    01 Dec '13 01:53
    Hey, I'm just calling it like I see it. I was here during times when you couldn't get up to grab a slice of cake without missing out on twelve layers of serious drama, post removals, bannings, and good old fashioned beat-downs.

If you haven't seen a guy in twenty years, and he goes, "hey, you got fat." are you going to call him a whiner?
    Some of us are tired of the incessant negativity (particularly from Grampy Bobby) reminding
    one and all that the GF is no more than a pathetic shadow of what it was in the Golden Age
    of RHP -- the proverbial Good Old Days. But the forum is what it is. Yes, it's dying, and we're
    trying to revive it without a lot of needless kvetching.
  5. Joined
    09 Jun '04
    Moves
    01 Dec '13 02:03
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    Some of us are tired of the incessant negativity (particularly from Grampy Bobby) reminding one and all that the GF is no more than a pathetic shadow of what it was in the Golden Age of RHP
    That's actually kind of funny when you think about it.

Considering that the Golden Age occurred years before Grampy Bobby joined the site.

But I guess it's all semantics. My Golden Age is your Brown Age of Poop.
  6. In your face
    Moves
    01 Dec '13 02:37

Considering that the Golden Age occurred years before Grampy Bobby joined the site.

'Golden Age'? My big fat hairy one. Maybe the GF was a lot busier a few years ago but it was always quantity over quality. It was patrolled by a clique of flaming, self flagellating, over opinionated arrogant a-holes, so eager to offer their dull, negative 'opinion' on things and extend their e-nobs. Any new comers were under duress to prove them selves or be ex communicated by the hard core clique of mini gods who deemed themselves to be teh e733t.
    Red Night occasionally pops in to offer his unwanted opinion on how crap it is here nowadays and you and Darve aren't too much different, in your recent offerings of unwanted cack.

As I've asked before, if t is so bad, why don't you just sling it, jog on, do one, instead of wasting your breath, moaning about it?

"Hey I'm in a bar I don't like should I: -
    a) Leave and find one I like
    b) Sit around and moan about how rubbish it is?"

No brainer.
  7. In your face
    Moves
    01 Dec '13 02:39

PMSL at how you capitalised 'Golden Age'.

Smacks of arrogance to the extent of personality disorder.
  8. In your face
    Moves
    01 Dec '13 02:40

Please excuse me while I go back to playing chess, as cannot I be bothered reading this complete cack any more.
  9. Joined
    09 Jun '04
    Moves
    01 Dec '13 03:11
    Originally posted by Sicilian Sausage
    'Golden Age'? My big fat hairy one. Maybe the GF was a lot busier a few years ago but it was always quantity over quality. It was patrolled by a clique of flaming, self flagellating, over opinionated arrogant a-holes, so eager to offer their dull, negative 'opinion' on things and extend their e-nobs. Any new comers were under duress to prove them se ...[text shortened]... -

No brainer.
    What a lovely lengthy post.

However it seems that your Golden Age occurred at a different time from mine. The clique wars spiraled out of control and were more of a line in the sand defining the end of my golden age.

You cannot deny the glacial pace at which this forum currently moves. As a returned user I am merely noticing what has changed since I was last here.

Like one would if one returned to an old bar, once frequented.

Are we fighting yet?
  10. Joined
    09 Jun '04
    Moves
    01 Dec '13 03:11
    PMSL at how you capitalised 'Golden Age'.

I'm a lazy keyboardist, I copied and pasted "Golden Age" from HandyAndy's post.

Copied and pasted. HandyAndy.

Say sorry.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    01 Dec '13 12:34
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    Some of us are tired of the incessant negativity (particularly from Grampy Bobby) reminding
    one and all that the GF is no more than a pathetic shadow of what it was in the Golden Age
    of RHP -- the proverbial Good Old Days. But the forum is what it is. Yes, it's dying, and we're
    trying to revive it without a lot of needless kvetching.
    Well, he DOES have a club to sell memberships to, ya know. So naturally the GF is a dying "hive of scum and villainy."

I wouldn't exactly call it dying, though. As Russ says, "The forums are the core of the 'Red Hot Pawn' community." None more so than the General Forum. It will never die.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    01 Dec '13 12:40
    'Golden Age'? My big fat hairy one. Maybe the GF was a lot busier a few years ago but it was always quantity over quality. It was patrolled by a clique of flaming, self flagellating, over opinionated arrogant a-holes, so eager to offer their dull, negative 'opinion' on things and extend their e-nobs. Any new comers were under duress to prove them se ...[text shortened]... -

No brainer.
    Yep, been saying the same for years now, even then.

A month or so back I said how I liked it better now, not having to worry about who has what agenda, it's warmer now and, dare I say it, more real.
  13. In your face
    Moves
    01 Dec '13 13:02
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Yep, been saying the same for years now, even then.

A month or so back I said how I liked it better now, not having to worry about who has what agenda, it's warmer now and, dare I say it, more real.
    Yes I'm with you. Now the hard core clique has gone it is a lot quieter, but there is a friendlier atmosphere. Maybe it will build in time.
  14. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    01 Dec '13 13:43
    Yes I'm with you. Now the hard core clique has gone it is a lot quieter, but there is a friendlier atmosphere. Maybe it will build in time.
    Ebb and flow.
  15. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    01 Dec '13 13:57
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    Ebb and flow.
    Sooner or later

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree