1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    13 Nov '13 23:32
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH

Shaft of early-afternoon window-filtered sunlight on the small of a woman's back--- precisely at that moment before she turns her face toward me--- that moment when she could literally be any woman, I any man.
    "Shaft of early-afternoon window-filtered sunlight on the small of a woman's back--- precisely at that moment before she turns her face toward me--- that moment when she could literally be any woman, I any man." (FreakyKBH)

Our Mother Tongue on those rare occasions when memorable observations like this one result. Thanks, Freaky.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 Nov '13 18:29
    Awaking in a sleeping bag, far from civilization, hearing no machine except the machine of the earth, middle notes of a clear running stream with high notes of the songbirds greeting the dawn. Stretching, yawning, sniff sniff, the tang of frying bacon now obvious, with a background of hot coffee beckoning you, summoning you to life, drawing you out of your sleeping bag despite the cool, brisk air and into your clothes to meet the new day.
  3. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    14 Nov '13 18:45
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Awaking in a sleeping bag, far from civilization, hearing no machine except the machine of the earth, middle notes of a clear running stream with high notes of the songbirds greeting the dawn. Stretching, yawning, sniff sniff, the tang of frying bacon now obvious, with a background of hot coffee beckoning you, summoning you to life, drawing you out of your sleeping bag despite the cool, brisk air and into your clothes to meet the new day.
    Now that's life the way it should be lived. Reminders of backcountry canoeing. Think I'll dig out the old photos and rekindle those moments again. I can hear the loons melancholy call. Thanks Suzianne.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 Nov '13 00:58
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    Now that's life the way it should be lived. Reminders of backcountry canoeing. Think I'll dig out the old photos and rekindle those moments again. I can hear the loons melancholy call. Thanks Suzianne.
    Ahhhh, what's more Canadian than loons? 🙂
  5. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    15 Nov '13 11:25
    Ahhhh, what's more Canadian than loons? 🙂
    Mounties?
  6. Standard memberFrank Burns
    Great Big Stees
    Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Nov '13 17:02
    Right now I'm adoring the smell of good coffee being made and the sounds one of our dogs is making while dreaming at my feet.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    17 Nov '13 01:32
    Originally posted by Frank Burns
    Right now I'm adoring the smell of good coffee being made and the sounds one of our dogs is making while dreaming at my feet.
    I like how they move their paws when they dream, I guess because they're dogs, what else would they dream about except running around playing?
  8. Standard memberFrank Burns
    Great Big Stees
    Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Nov '13 11:34
    I like how they move their paws when they dream, I guess because they're dogs, what else would they dream about except running around playing?
    I do too Suzianne. It makes you wonder if they are running or digging or just what. I always get a chuckle out of it.
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    18 Nov '13 19:17
    Mondays at home (any day of the week).
  10. Joined
    06 Dec '10
    Moves
    22 Nov '13 09:43
    Son is off school sick today so its my turn to mind him as my better half has used up holidays and won't ring in sick herself. I have no issue ringing in sick (I'm not sick) because I work for a corporate monster that doesn't give a damn about me. So, I'm here with my son lazying around the house and getting paid for it. I ADORE THAT. Someone will probably complain that I shouldn't be ringing in sick if I'm not. Its a one off and only doing it to mind my son.
  11. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    22 Nov '13 12:18
    Things You Adore: Honesty.
  12. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    22 Nov '13 15:56
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Things You Adore: Honesty.
    Good choice, Bobby. How about motherhood and apple pie?
  13. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    22 Nov '13 20:46
    Grace Under Fire.
  14. Standard memberFrank Burns
    Great Big Stees
    Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Nov '13 22:50
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    Good choice, Bobby. How about motherhood and apple pie?
    I know you are not what you were... how about going for dead? How adorable would that be?
  15. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    27 Nov '13 14:291 edit
    Have a look at this adorable little fellow:

YouTube

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree