Thumbs Up

Thumbs Up

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
11 Dec 12

Originally posted by coquette

the only rule is to thumbs up
In Scuba Diving, too....

http://scuba.about.com/od/divemedicinesafety/a/The-Golden-Rule-Of-Scuba-Diving.htm
-

Already mated

Omaha, Nebraska, USA

Moves
11 Dec 12

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
In Scuba Diving, too....

http://scuba.about.com/od/divemedicinesafety/a/The-Golden-Rule-Of-Scuba-Diving.htm
-
Thumbs up! Oh wouldn't our world be much more civil if the thumbs up were propogated. We'd have fewer road rage incidents etc.

The problem with the thumbs up sign, however, IMHO, is that it means "we're good to go, or right on," or other positive intentions.

The slice the neck move, which is more graphically meaningful, may just be too negative. Imagine everyone is enjoying a beautiful dive and someone does a neck slice gesture and all get to the surface and the gesture maker says, "i was bored." nope. not good.

So, here's a suggestion for a symbol: The pointer finger gesturing up. Is that taken? Too simple? Not powerful enough?

Moves
11 Dec 12

Thumbs up! Oh wouldn't our world be much more civil if the thumbs up were propogated. We'd have fewer road rage incidents etc.

The problem with the thumbs up sign, however, IMHO, is that it means "we're good to go, or right on," or other positive intentions.

The slice the neck move, which is more graphically meaningful, may just be too negative. Imagi ...[text shortened]... symbol: The pointer finger gesturing up. Is that taken? Too simple? Not powerful enough?
That could be taken as "look up, we're about to be attacked by that school of sharks" or, "Look, our boat isn't there anymore". I guess the meaning could be endless. No "The pointer finger gesturing up." probably wouldn't be a good one....IMHO.

Already mated

Omaha, Nebraska, USA

Moves
13 Dec 12

Originally posted by Great Big Stees
That could be taken as "look up, we're about to be attacked by that school of sharks" or, "Look, our boat isn't there anymore". I guess the meaning could be endless. No "The pointer finger gesturing up." probably wouldn't be a good one....IMHO.
maybe a different finger?

anyway, it's cool, so long as everyone agees

Thumbs up!

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
13 Dec 12

I've heard that thumbs-up didn't mean spare the gladiator. It meant go ahead and kill him.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
15 Dec 12
2 edits

Originally posted by coquette ................................................................................. (+10)
maybe a different finger?

anyway, it's cool, so long as everyone agees

Thumbs up!
How about simply ignoring the two thumbs. Instead, (+1) if you like a post a little; (+10) if you like one a lot. If you don't particularly like some post, just give it a (-1) or (-10) or (- <<< appropriate digit goes here). Neat feature is that any lurking cowards will be outed. Just be honest... and generous.
-

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
16 Dec 12

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
How about simply ignoring the two thumbs. Instead, (+1) if you like a post a little; (+10) if you like one a lot. If you don't particularly like some post, just give it a (-1) or (-10) or (- <<< appropriate digit goes here). Neat feature is that any lurking cowards will be outed. Just be honest... and generous.
-
good suggestion in theory...won't see the day however

j

Dublin Ireland

Moves
16 Dec 12

Originally posted by Ponderable
good suggestion in theory...won't see the day however
Cheer up Pondy!!!!!

........( +10 )

Das ist sehr gut mein herr.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
16 Dec 12

This is ? good my sir?

Already mated

Omaha, Nebraska, USA

Moves
17 Dec 12

thumbs up, that's what I say

Moves
17 Dec 12

thumbs up, that's what I say
What is a thumbs up worth without a thumbs down every now and then. Inflation kills thumbs up because of this topic..

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
17 Dec 12

Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
Cheer up Pondy!!!!!

........( +10 )

Thank you for that ( +10)

Und es gefällt mir Deutsch zu lesen 🙂.

j

Dublin Ireland

Moves
17 Dec 12
2 edits

Well i am happy you are pleased about it.

Gefallt ihnen meine shamrock?

Ich nahm es von bildern aus dem internet.

j

Dublin Ireland

Moves
17 Dec 12

Sagen Angela, zahlen wir kein geld mehr.

😀

Moves
17 Dec 12

Que?