1. Joined
    09 Sep '16
    Moves
    09 Sep '16 14:05
    Can a member not choose a time scale to play a game? 7 days seems bit too long with 3day thinking time. Or have I got that werong? I'm new member. VinnyLog
  2. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    09 Sep '16 14:111 edit
    Originally posted by VinnyLog
    Can a member not choose a time scale to play a game? 7 days seems bit too long with 3day thinking time. Or have I got that werong? I'm new member. VinnyLog
    when you go to the 'new game' page all the options for setting up a new game with yer choice of opponent are right there in the options fields...
    if you are challenged by another member, you will either have to play with the options he/she set up, or delete the game and start over...
    edit
    3/7 is the 'move time' (make yer moves within three days)
    and a 'time bank' (a cushion in case something happens and you cannot make a move)
    move time resets at every move,
    timebank dwindles down to zero and does not reset...
    if a player runs out of timebank, the opponent may claim a timeout win...

dang i feel so inept describing a system that works so well i rarely think about it...
  3. SubscriberKewpieonline
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    09 Sep '16 14:361 edit
    If you look around the site you will see that the most popular time controls chosen by the person who created the game are either :
    3days per move, plus 7days reserve allowance, or
    1day per move, plus 0 reserve.
    The second choice carries a greater risk of losing by timeout. People generally choose the shorter time controls if they have many opportunities to make a move during the day.
    If you create an open invite game you choose from the list of time options that you are offered.

Please bear in mind that the default setting of 3/7 doesn't mean that your opponent will take 3 days to make each move. Most people play more quickly than that.
  4. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    09 Sep '16 21:21
    vinny, dude, you cannot win by resigning...
    you have to play the game...
  5. SubscriberKewpieonline
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    09 Sep '16 23:28
    I think he may have been looking for a blitz site. 🙁
  6. Joined
    06 Sep '16
    Moves
    03 Oct '16 05:08
    Time scale is very important.
  7. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    03 Oct '16 07:21
    Originally posted by quincyledoux
    Time scale is very important.
    It is.

In correspondence the point is that you make a move and return maybe next day (for example if your ooponent is on a different continent.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    03 Oct '16 10:55
    Originally posted by VinnyLog
    If the time scale is too long, why did you resign on move zero and move 1?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree