Time Travel

SubscriberFMF
General 16 Mar '16 06:03
  1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Mar '16 06:031 edit
    Science fiction loves to plunge itself into all the hypothetical issues for the "future" of travelling back in time and altering events.

If you could travel back in time just one week and change something [without causing catastrophic sc-fi plot convolutions] ~ in your private life or in the public sphere, anywhere ~ what things might you choose to do?
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    16 Mar '16 06:361 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Science fiction loves to plunge itself into all the hypothetical issues for the "future" of travelling back in time and altering events.

If you could travel back in time one week and change something ~ in your private life or in the public sphere, anywhere ~ what things might you choose to do?
    The RHP (More) Inclusive Oscars Original post by FMF "on 23 Jan '16 12:07"

Since January 23, 2016, until today March 16, 2016 or fifty three days (8 + 29 + 16 = 53) you have posted a total of seventy nine (79) threads in Red Hot Pawn's General Forum for an average of 1.49 threads per day. As one of your fans, I'd encourage you to increase your contribution of these unique threads to at least two and a half 2.5 by April Fool's Day (4/1/16). On behalf of all veterans and new site members, please accept our thanks for a job well done.
  3. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    16 Mar '16 07:44
    Originally posted by FMF

If you could travel back in time just [b]one week
    and change something [without causing catastrophic sc-fi plot convolutions] ~ in your private life or in the public sphere, anywhere ~ what things might you choose to do?[/b]
    Are we allowed to go back in time and assassinate thread hijackers?
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Mar '16 08:49
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    As one of your fans, I'd encourage you to increase your contribution of these unique threads to at least two and a half.... On behalf of all veterans and new site members, please accept our thanks for a job well done.
    Delighted to see you changing your mind about FMF's contribution to the General Forum. I presume this is your "time travelling" change you would make to your previously quite bitter and unedifying attitude to FMF. Well done.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    16 Mar '16 09:54
    I'd need way more than a week.

But if one week was the max I could go back, I wouldn't bother. There's nothing I've done in the past week I wouldn't do again. Remorse sucks, and so I avoid doing things I'd be remorseful for. Call it a character flaw if you must.
  6. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    16 Mar '16 11:48
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Are we allowed to go back in time and assassinate thread hijackers?
    As Long as it is not "catastrophic" as I understand the OP.

Question If I couldl go back one week, can I go back another from there := ?
  7. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    16 Mar '16 18:18
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    As Long as it is not "catastrophic" as I understand the OP.

Question If I couldl go back one week, can I go back another from there := ?
    Only if your Fairy Godmother allows you to wish for 3 more wishes.
  8. The World
    Moves
    16 Mar '16 21:49
    Originally posted by FMF

and change something [without causing catastrophic sc-fi plot convolutions] ~ in your private life or in the public sphere, anywhere ~ what things might you choose to do?[/b]
    Enter the lottery with the correct 6 numbers...
  9. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    16 Mar '16 23:22
    Originally posted by FMF

I would park my car where that tree branch wouldn't fall on it and crack the windshield. $250 bucks! 😕
  10. Subscribermoonbus
    Ãœber-Nerd
    Moves
    18 Mar '16 13:58
    I would travel back in time to the grassy knoll (Dallas) with a second movie camera running.
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    19 Mar '16 00:14
    Originally posted by FMF

Wait for the biggest lotto, note the winning number, go back and be set for life.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree