To Blitz, or not to Blitz?

To Blitz, or not to Blitz?

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TG

Moves
13 Feb 14

Hello, i am very new around here. I am a strong player, but am looking to improve my game. I find that i have very good "chess instincts", and therefore play very good blitz chess. However, just like everyone else, when im playing fast i miss tactics, and occasionally play bad, or nonsensical moves in blitz. So, should i even be playing blitz in the first place?? Why or why not?

Australia

Moves
13 Feb 14

General Forum is usually preoccupied with more frivolous matters. Why not take your query to the "Only Chess" forum where you may get more considered answers?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
13 Feb 14
1 edit

Originally posted by Tony Gleim
Hello, i am very new around here. I am a strong player, but am looking to improve my game. I find that i have very good "chess instincts", and therefore play very good blitz chess. However, just like everyone else, when im playing fast i miss tactics, and occasionally play bad, or nonsensical moves in blitz. So, should i even be playing blitz in the first place?? Why or why not?
Blitz is basically "exposition chess", don't play of you don't like playing to an audience. Mistakes, fast moves, missed opportunities are all a part of Blitz. So you should know that if you're good at it. The good news is that with practice, Blitz should help your "sight reading". But it may not improve your decision-making.

Correspondence is what you play if you want to have the time to create masterpieces. (Not that that really happens with any frequency. 🙂 )

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
13 Feb 14

Originally posted by Tony Gleim
Hello, i am very new around here.
Does 20/20 ruin test careers?

Moves
13 Feb 14

Originally posted by wolfgang59
Does 20/20 ruin test careers?
KP might have been dumped but now he can pick up the big 20/20 bucks.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
16 Feb 14
1 edit

Originally posted by Trev33
KP might have been dumped but now he can pick up the big 20/20 bucks.
Athletes who have exceptional vision?