General Forum

General Forum

1. Joined
    12 Feb '14
    Moves
    13 Feb '14 04:06
    Hello, i am very new around here. I am a strong player, but am looking to improve my game. I find that i have very good "chess instincts", and therefore play very good blitz chess. However, just like everyone else, when im playing fast i miss tactics, and occasionally play bad, or nonsensical moves in blitz. So, should i even be playing blitz in the first place?? Why or why not?
  2. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Moves
    13 Feb '14 05:02
    General Forum is usually preoccupied with more frivolous matters. Why not take your query to the "Only Chess" forum where you may get more considered answers?
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Feb '14 19:261 edit
    Originally posted by Tony Gleim
    Hello, i am very new around here. I am a strong player, but am looking to improve my game. I find that i have very good "chess instincts", and therefore play very good blitz chess. However, just like everyone else, when im playing fast i miss tactics, and occasionally play bad, or nonsensical moves in blitz. So, should i even be playing blitz in the first place?? Why or why not?
    Blitz is basically "exposition chess", don't play of you don't like playing to an audience. Mistakes, fast moves, missed opportunities are all a part of Blitz. So you should know that if you're good at it. The good news is that with practice, Blitz should help your "sight reading". But it may not improve your decision-making.

Correspondence is what you play if you want to have the time to create masterpieces. (Not that that really happens with any frequency. 🙂 )
  4. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Moves
    13 Feb '14 19:53
    Originally posted by Tony Gleim
    Hello, i am very new around here.
    Does 20/20 ruin test careers?
  5. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    13 Feb '14 20:34
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Does 20/20 ruin test careers?
    KP might have been dumped but now he can pick up the big 20/20 bucks.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    16 Feb '14 21:041 edit
    Originally posted by Trev33
    KP might have been dumped but now he can pick up the big 20/20 bucks.
    Athletes who have exceptional vision?