General Forum

General Forum

  1. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Joined
    09 Mar '08
    Moves
    140821
    02 Apr '18 19:50
    https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/opinion-brown-autism-day_us_5abe8c4ee4b0a47437aae069
  2. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Joined
    09 Mar '08
    Moves
    140821
    02 Apr '18 19:52
    do you know anyone on the spectrum???
    i know several, my ex used to/still does work with these unfortunates...

    after watching and learning for many months, it has occurred to me that i myself may be a high functioning autistic...

    this has not improved my chess game...
  3. Gothenburg
    Joined
    11 Mar '16
    Moves
    10980
    02 Apr '18 19:571 edit
    Danny is a very lucky boy to have such wonderful parents.
  4. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    45757
    02 Apr '18 19:57
    Originally posted by @rookie54
    do you know anyone on the spectrum???
    i know several, my ex used to/still does work with these unfortunates...

    after watching and learning for many months, it has occurred to me that i myself may be a high functioning autistic...

    this has not improved my chess game...
    I used to teach Special Needs, over half were ASD.
    Of course the severity of autism varies enormously, my students had
    moderate learning difficulties ... academically 5 years behind their peers.
    On a field trip we were once refused entry to a fish n chip restaurant.
    Sad what some people are like.
  5. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Joined
    09 Mar '08
    Moves
    140821
    02 Apr '18 20:05
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    I used to teach Special Needs, over half were ASD.
    Of course the severity of autism varies enormously, my students had
    moderate learning difficulties ... academically 5 years behind their peers.
    On a field trip we were once refused entry to a fish n chip restaurant.
    Sad what some people are like.
    bless yer heart and soul...
    much respect...
  6. Joined
    07 Aug '12
    Moves
    39089
    03 Apr '18 06:481 edit
    Originally posted by @rookie54
    do you know anyone on the spectrum???
    i know several, my ex used to/still does work with these unfortunates...

    after watching and learning for many months, it has occurred to me that i myself may be a high functioning autistic...

    this has not improved my chess game...
    It’s a good thing that there is a greater awareness of this neurodevelopmental disorder.
    Some people have an inkling that they may be on the spectrum. Freaks, Geeks, and Asperger Syndrome
    by Luke Jackson, a boy on the spectrum, is a good read.

    Btw, I think your chess playing is brilliant. If you fancy another game and a chat send one my way. 🙂
  7. Stargazing
    Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    89263
    03 Apr '18 07:15
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    I used to teach Special Needs, over half were ASD.
    Of course the severity of autism varies enormously, my students had
    moderate learning difficulties ... academically 5 years behind their peers.
    On a field trip we were once refused entry to a fish n chip restaurant.
    Sad what some people are like.
    I have a nephew who is so high end spectrum that he will need full time care all his life; it has been a distressing 17 years for his parents and our wider family, but also filled with much joy at times. Your vocation would have been greatly valued I’m sure.
  8. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    45757
    03 Apr '18 07:34
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    I have a nephew who is so high end spectrum that he will need full time care all his life; it has been a distressing 17 years for his parents and our wider family, but also filled with much joy at times. Your vocation would have been greatly valued I’m sure.
    What I did was relatively easy. I take my hat off to
    those that work with kids with severe learning difficulties.
  9. Joined
    26 Oct '06
    Moves
    23127
    03 Apr '18 20:25
    Nowadays if i hear something about autism i instantly have to think about " the good doctor". Really enjoyed watching!
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6470478/
Back to Top