Today's Question

Today's Question

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
01 Dec 15

Originally posted by FMF
You should read the thread.
Not my fault you are at times perceived as a dodger 😉

You dodge my questions repeatedly.

You like to play the role of the inquisitor. You like to debate, not discuss.

Face it, you do not really care one bit what my opinion is on any topic. You just want an opportunity to argue and a chance to trip me up.

I like to share ideas, get to know people, see things from their viewpoint. Maybe mull it over for awhile. Food for thought. That's what I enjoy.

F

Moves
01 Dec 15

Originally posted by Landisqueen170
Not my fault you are at times perceived as a dodger 😉

You dodge my questions repeatedly.

You like to play the role of the inquisitor. You like to debate, not discuss.

Face it, you do not really care one bit what my opinion is on any topic. You just want an opportunity to argue and a chance to trip me up.

I like to share ideas, get to kno ...[text shortened]... ings from their viewpoint. Maybe mull it over for awhile. Food for thought. That's what I enjoy.
But I didn't dodge at all on the thread you have mentioned. Do you think that thread provides ~ in your view ~ examples of me dodging?

F

Moves
01 Dec 15

I like to share ideas, get to know people, see things from their viewpoint. Maybe mull it over for awhile. Food for thought. That's what I enjoy.
So do I. That's why I am asking you about your suggestion that people should focus on their own families instead of working on environmental issues ~ even if you only meant it seriously up to a point - I am interested in you sharing your ideas about what that point is.

Moves
01 Dec 15

Originally posted by FMF
But I didn't dodge at all on the thread you have mentioned. Do you think that thread provides ~ in your view ~ examples of me dodging?
What difference does it make to you what think? lol It doesn't. You just want to win this argument. You want to be right - to show me how my line of thinking is flawed.

I had no intention of getting into an argument with you or anyone else here tonight. You seemingly take great pleasure in it.

And there lies the difference between you and I 🙂

Moves
01 Dec 15

Originally posted by FMF
So do I. That's why I am asking you about your suggestion that people should focus on their own families instead of working on environmental issues ~ even if you only meant it seriously up to a point - I am interested in you sharing your ideas about what that point is.
Doesn't seem that way....AT ALL.
lol

F

Moves
01 Dec 15

What difference does it make to you what think? lol It doesn't. You just want to win this argument. You want to be right - to show me how my line of thinking is flawed.

I had no intention of getting into an argument with you or anyone else here tonight. You seemingly take great pleasure in it.

And there lies the difference between you and I 🙂
You cited that thread as an example of me dodging whereas it is an example of me being on topic and dealing with the issues head on.

Moves
01 Dec 15
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
You cited that thread as an example of me dodging whereas it is an example of me being on topic and dealing with the issues head on.
No, you are incorrect. I cited that example because it revealed another poster who was feeling dodged by you....there's a difference...

And are there more posters who have felt this way about you? I would guess yes.
Because your tone and persistent questioning, your interrogation-style tendencies and your diligence at providing "evidence" to support your claim suggests that you do not actually wish to swap ideas, and share experiences like you claim, you just want to win an argument.

F

Moves
01 Dec 15

No, you are incorrect. I cited that example because it revealed another poster who was feeling dodged by you....there's a difference...
But it was whodey. Do you know whodey?

F

Moves
01 Dec 15

And are there more posters who have felt this way about you? I would guess yes.
What does this have to do with me asking you about your suggestion that we should focus on our own families instead of working on issues affecting the planet?

F

Moves
01 Dec 15

Because your tone and persistent questioning, your interrogation-style tendencies and your diligence at providing "evidence" to support your claim suggests that you do not actually wish to swap ideas, and share experiences like you claim, you just want to win an argument.
Are you trying to distance yourself from what you said about focussing on ourselves rather than the world? I cannot see why you think it's a 'do X instead of Y' type choice.

Moves
01 Dec 15

Originally posted by FMF
But it was whodey. Do you know whodey?
No. Not at all. Doesn't matter who he is. He perceived you as dodging him, much like I have at times. It was just a snapshot in time. I don't care to go back and dissect that whole thread much to your dismay. If I cared to delve deeper, it is probable that I would find other posters who felt the same as me...

You can't argue feelings. A person's perceptions are not right or wrong. They are subjective. But they are in direct correlation to how you are interacting with him/her. If enough posters feel that you are dodging them, or that you just want to win an argument, there just might be some validity to it.

F

Moves
01 Dec 15
2 edits

No. Not at all. Doesn't matter who he is. He perceived you as dodging him, much like I have at times. It was just a snapshot in time. I don't care to go back and dissect that whole thread much to your dismay. If I cared to delve deeper, it is probable that I would find other posters who felt the same as me...
But I wasn't dodging on that thread. You'd know that if you went and read it rather than citing it sight unseen and cherry picking one comment made by a poster like whodey.

F

Moves
01 Dec 15

You can't argue feelings. A person's perceptions are not right or wrong. They are subjective. But they are in direct correlation to how you are interacting with him/her. If enough posters feel that you are dodging them, or that you just want to win an argument, there just might be some validity to it.
But isn't all this stuff you've typed a case of you simply dodging the question about your 'do X instead of Y' urging on page 5?

Moves
01 Dec 15

Originally posted by FMF
Are you trying to distance yourself from what you said about focussing on ourselves rather than the world? I cannot see why you think it's a 'do X instead of Y' type choice.
It is quite simple, FMF. It is like I said - you are not my kind of poster. Some people will engage with you and be perfectly content and enjoy your every exchange with them. You just drive me crazy. For no good reason .lol If you are honest here, you will admit that you really do not care to know my thoughts on anything... so why would I wish to share with you?

I am not for everyone either. That's fine. I have my detractors. lol

Moves
01 Dec 15

Originally posted by FMF
But isn't all this stuff you've typed a case of [b]you simply dodging the question about your 'do X instead of Y' urging on page 5?[/b]
Nope. I would gladly offer you my insight if I felt it was really of any value to you.

There you go with your "evidence" again. lol