"Top 100 Traits of Personality-Disordered..."

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
01 Jun 16

Originally posted by FMF
But one cannot attempt to land little forum punches on the chins of characters (or their traits) that one disapproves of if one doesn't call them "personality disorders".
Is this what you're trying to do when you describe the "personality disorders" of other forum posters? Or when you're trying to land points by deriding others, like now?

F

Moves
01 Jun 16

Originally posted by Suzianne
Is this what you're trying to do when you describe the "personality disorders" of other forum posters?
Examples? I have never copy pasted long tracts about psychological problems and personality disorders from other web sites. Do you have any examples of me diagnosing other posters as having "personality disorders"?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
01 Jun 16

Originally posted by divegeester
Make an effort to come up with something original.
Okay.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
01 Jun 16

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
Top 100 Traits of Personality-Disordered Individuals

"27. False Accusations - Patterns of unwarranted or exaggerated criticism directed towards someone else.

28. Favoritism and Scapegoating - Systematically giving a dysfunctional amount of preferential positive or negative treatment to one individual among a family group of peers.

29. Fe ...[text shortened]... having the reaction." (to be continued)

http://outofthefog.net/CommonBehaviors/Top100Traits.html

"41. Identity Disturbance - A psychological term used to describe a distorted or inconsistent self-view

42. Imposed Isolation - When abuse results in a person becoming isolated from their support network, including friends and family.

43. Impulsiveness - The tendency to act or speak based on current feelings rather than logical reasoning.

44. Infantilization - Treating a child as if they are much younger than their actual age.

45. Intimidation - Any form of veiled, hidden, indirect or non-verbal threat.

46. Invalidation - The creation or promotion of an environment which encourages an individual to believe that their thoughts, beliefs, values or physical presence are inferior, flawed, problematic or worthless.

47. Lack of Conscience - Individuals who suffer from Personality Disorders are often preoccupied with their own agendas, sometimes to the exclusion of the needs and concerns of others. This is sometimes interpreted by others as a lack of moral conscience.

48. Lack of Object Constancy - An inability to remember that people or objects are consistent, trustworthy and reliable, especially when they are out of your immediate field of vision.

49. Low Self-Esteem - A common name for a negatively-distorted self-view which is inconsistent with reality." (to be continued) http://outofthefog.net/CommonBehaviors/Top100Traits.html

Moves
02 Jun 16

50. death fixations

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
02 Jun 16

50. death fixations
What happens after you die?

I think the answer depends on who you're asking. Ask an atheist and he'll tell you nothing. Ask a theist and he'll tell you judgement. Ask God and He'll tell you the truth.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
09 Jun 16

"41. Identity Disturbance - A psychological term used to describe a distorted or inconsistent self-view

42. Imposed Isolation - When abuse results in a person becoming isolated from their support network, including friends and family.

43. Impulsiveness - The tendency to act or speak ba ...[text shortened]... consistent with reality." (to be continued) http://outofthefog.net/CommonBehaviors/Top100Traits.html

"50. Manipulation - The practice of steering an individual into a desired behavior for the purpose of achieving a hidden personal goal.

51. Masking - Covering up one's own natural outward appearance, mannerisms and speech in dramatic and inconsistent ways depending on the situation.

52. Mirroring - Imitating or copying another person's characteristics, behaviors or traits.

53. Moments of Clarity - Spontaneous periods when a person with a Personality Disorder becomes more objective and tries to make amends.

54. Mood Swings - Unpredictable, rapid, dramatic emotional cycles which cannot be readily explained by changes in external circumstances.

55. Munchausen's and Munchausen by Proxy Syndrome - A disorder in which an individual repeatedly fakes or exaggerates medical symptoms in order to manipulate the attentions of medical professionals or caregivers.

56. Name-Calling - Use of profane, derogatory or dehumanizing terminology to describe another individual or group.

57. Narcissism - A set of behaviors characterized by a pattern of grandiosity, self-centered focus, need for admiration, self-serving attitude and a lack of empathy or consideration for others.

58. Neglect - A passive form of abuse in which the physical or emotional needs of a dependent are disregarded or ignored by the person responsible for them.

59. Normalizing - Normalizing is a tactic used to desensitize an individual to abusive, coercive or inappropriate behaviors. In essence, normalizing is the manipulation of another human being to get them to agree to, or accept something that is in conflict with the law, social norms or their own basic code of behavior.

60. "Not My Fault" Syndrome - The practice of avoiding personal responsibility for one's own words and actions.

61. No-Win Scenarios - When you are manipulated into choosing between two bad options." (to be continued) http://outofthefog.net/CommonBehaviors/Top100Traits.html

Moves
09 Jun 16

Narcissism

a

Moves
09 Jun 16

Narcissism
exactly

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
10 Jun 16

Narcissism
Your personal favorite of the "Top 100 Traits of Personality-Disordered Individuals"?

Moves
10 Jun 16

Your personal favorite of the "Top 100 Traits of Personality-Disordered Individuals"?
I think you are confusing me with someone who actually read you post. 😛

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
10 Jun 16

Narcissism
Narcissism is a personality disorder. The symptoms are denigrating others because of an inate inferiority complex which is made up for by being focused on one's own ideas and opinions about the way things are to the exclusion of opinions expressed by those who are better qualified to answer questions about personality disorders.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
10 Jun 16

I think you are confusing me with someone who actually read you post. 😛
Case in point.

Moves
10 Jun 16

Originally posted by josephw
Narcissism is a personality disorder. The symptoms are denigrating others because of an inate inferiority complex which is made up for by being focused on one's own ideas and opinions about the way things are to the exclusion of opinions expressed by those who are better qualified to answer questions about personality disorders.
You forgot to insert the " and the "

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
10 Jun 16

Originally posted by Kegge
You forgot to insert the " and the "
Why are you making me follow you around theses threads like Seitse does?

Do you want to be punished too? 😉