top of the list

top of the list

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
26 Nov 15

Originally posted by HandyAndy
It takes one to know one.
That "zoom" sound is the entire point going over your head.

Moves
26 Nov 15

Originally posted by HandyAndy
It takes one to know one.
And a Happy Thanksgiving to you 🙂

rc

Moves
26 Nov 15
1 edit

FMF taken apart piece by piece and put back together again. Joyous. 😀

Moves
26 Nov 15

Originally posted by Suzianne
Wow, I'm glad that someone else at least sees through the paper-thin veneer of crap to the disgustingly sneering, smug, holier-than-thou unpleasantness beneath.

Of course it's another woman.

(How's that for speaking in "a straight ahead, candid, honest and non-lily-livered way without the slightest bit of mealy-mouthed or furtive passive-aggression"? "Forthright and unpretentious" enough for you?)
I find that he is difficult to converse with 🙄

He just wants to pick a fight for some screwy reason. I am not here to fight with anyone or prove myself "right." I just "blather" or so FMF has informed me in his helpful, well-meaning way.

Hope you have a nice holiday today 🙂

F

Moves
26 Nov 15

Originally posted by Landisqueen170
You really have no idea what I was thinking or feeling at that time and what motivated me to write some of what I did.
I am happy to go on what you actually said in your farewell speech. 😉

F

Moves
26 Nov 15

Wow, I'm glad that someone else at least sees through the paper-thin veneer of crap to the disgustingly sneering, smug, holier-than-thou unpleasantness beneath.
You've also made - at least once - twice maybe? - massive farewell speeches full of scorn, frustration and resentment, condemning unnamed people left right and centre - and then returned only a couple of weeks later, with not so much as a 'sorry'. It's a curious thing to do.

Moves
26 Nov 15

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
FMF taken apart piece by piece and put back together again. Joyous. 😀
I take no joy in dismantling him piece by piece. Ok, Ok, I lie. There is a bit of joy there 😀
Honestly, he seems like an intelligent, articulate man with some insight that I'd be happy to hear. If he would just quit being a grand stander for no good reason...

F

Moves
26 Nov 15

If he would just quit being a grand stander for no good reason...
Was your farewell speech 'grandstanding' ?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
26 Nov 15

I find that he is difficult to converse with 🙄

He just wants to pick a fight for some screwy reason. I am not here to fight with anyone or prove myself "right." I just "blather" or so FMF has informed me in his helpful, well-meaning way.

Hope you have a nice holiday today 🙂
As the commercial says, "It's what he does". It doesn't have to make sense.

I'm going over to a friend's house for Thanksgiving dinner. A sorority sister from college, her kids call me "Aunt Suzi". She makes the best "not from a can" cranberry sauce. It's always a good time. 🙂 I hope you have a blessed holiday too.

Moves
26 Nov 15

Originally posted by FMF
You've also made - at least once - twice maybe? - massive farewell speeches full of scorn, frustration and resentment, condemning unnamed people left right and centre - and then returned only a couple of weeks later, with not so much as a 'sorry'. It's a curious thing to do.
Here is a curious thing to do -
Acting like the self-appointed judge, jury, and executioner in GF for all to see, but elsewhere, changing your tune.
Your ego needs to be fed in here?

F

Moves
26 Nov 15

Here is a curious thing to do -
Acting like the self-appointed judge, jury, and executioner in GF for all to see, but elsewhere, changing your tune.
I don't get your "judge, jury, and executioner" analogy. I am perfectly happy to accept the criticism you are dishing out. I welcome it. I just find your insouciance over your rather undignified 'exit' a few weeks back kind of interesting. Do you not welcome disagreement and criticism?

Moves
26 Nov 15

Originally posted by FMF
Was your farewell speech 'grandstanding' ?
Not at all. I was actually really upset about some of the low, hateful things that had been posted by some towards others and I said so several times. I am not going to dig out specifics. I was clear in saying that scathing rudeness was just not for me. Others might have not been bothered by it one bit. To each his own.
There is also no crime in returning. I explained how I happened to return here. Quit caring so much.
This is boring and lame.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
26 Nov 15

Originally posted by FMF
Why should I say 'sorry' when I wasn't... I'm not... 'sorry'?

Wouldn't that be "lily-livered" or "mealy-mouthed"?

Why are you so full of misdirected self-loathing? That's what the problem is, isn't it? That's the only way someone can be so hateful all the time. Snap out of it, for your own sake. The holidays are approaching -- give everyone else around you the gift of nice, not naughty, for once in your life.

F

Moves
26 Nov 15

Was any "ego" involved in your ostentatious departure and - then - not long after - your return? 🙂

F

Moves
26 Nov 15

Why should I say 'sorry' when I wasn't... I'm not... 'sorry'?

Wouldn't that be "lily-livered" or "mealy-mouthed"?
No I do not think apologizing in public would be "lily-livered" at all. Nor would it be "mealy-mouthed".