1. Gothenburg
    Moves
    21 Jun '19 12:11
    @great-big-stees said
    Ya...try to outrun the cops. 😲 😉
    I got a speeding-ticket many years ago for driving faster than the limit but with the same speed as the other cars in front and after. My daughter advised me not to pay the fine without seeing a proof (photo), and so I asked for a photo - which without any doubt in the world showed me in the driver's seat... 🙂
  2. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    21 Jun '19 12:41
    @torunn said
    I got a speeding-ticket many years ago for driving faster than the limit but with the same speed as the other cars in front and after. My daughter advised me not to pay the fine without seeing a proof (photo), and so I asked for a photo - which without any doubt in the world showed me in the driver's seat... 🙂
    "BUSTED" 😲 😉
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    21 Jun '19 15:05
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Oh brother.

🙄
    What? I just asked if a dog had really run out in front of him.

-VR
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    21 Jun '19 15:09
    @very-rusty said
    What? I just asked if a dog had really run out in front of him.

-VR
    Do you 'never' read between the lines?
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    21 Jun '19 15:10
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    So you are saying he lied about the dog?

If that is the case he deserved two tickets!!! 😉

-VR
  6. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    21 Jun '19 15:15
    @very-rusty said
    So you are saying he lied about the dog?

If that is the case he deserved two tickets!!! 😉

-VR
    Sometimes it's okay to make obvious assumptions. You don't have to take everything so literally Napoleon.

(For example, I'm not claiming you are actually the chap who lost the battle).
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    21 Jun '19 15:47
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Sometimes it's okay to make obvious assumptions. You don't have to take everything so literally Napoleon.

(For example, I'm not claiming you are actually the chap who lost the battle).
    LOL@ goad, you sure? 😛 😉

-VR
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    21 Jun '19 17:001 edit
    @torunn said
    That is a tough one...IF you don't keep up with the traffic you are a hazard as people behind you could get a case of road rage because you're not keeping up with the traffic!!! I really don't know what I would do in that situation. Probably have a lot of angry people with a chance of road rage behind me.

-VR
  9. Gothenburg
    Moves
    21 Jun '19 17:261 edit
    @very-rusty said
    That is a tough one...IF you don't keep up with the traffic you are a hazard as people behind you could get a case of road rage because you're not keeping up with the traffic!!! I really don't know what I would do in that situation. Probably have a lot of angry people with a chance of road rage behind me.

-VR
    I don't think I checked the speed, I was just occupied keeping up with the traffic. It was raining and I was nervous. I never was a good driver, stopped driving more than 10 years ago.
  10. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    21 Jun '19 17:36
    @torunn said
    I don't think I checked the speed, I was just occupied keeping up with the traffic. I never was a good driver, stopped driving more than 10 years ago.
    Was the other traffic a bunch of fire engines on their way to a fire?
  11. Gothenburg
    Moves
    21 Jun '19 17:401 edit
    @handyandy said
    Was the other traffic a bunch of fire engines on their way to a fire?
    We didn't drive very fast, the limit was 70 km/h at that particular place. The road was narrow - there wasn't much else to do, I thought, but keep on driving. I noticed a quick light. 🙂 It was a country road and I was in no hurry.
  12. Joined
    15 Dec '03
    Moves
    21 Jun '19 18:48
    @very-rusty said
    Had a dog really ran out in front of you?

-VR
    LOL. Whadda you think?
  13. Joined
    15 Dec '03
    Moves
    21 Jun '19 18:52
    @wolfe63 said
    I admire your creativity on that one.
    Must have been a Florida orange tree.
    On my way to my job at Disney World thru the orange grove shortcut. Making $1.80 cents per hr. in 1973.
  14. Joined
    15 Dec '03
    Moves
    21 Jun '19 18:55
    @great-big-stees said
    Ya...try to outrun the cops. 😲 😉
    Back in the day you could. I've outrun base police, cops, security guards. A motorcycle helps and know your turf
  15. Joined
    15 Dec '03
    Moves
    21 Jun '19 18:59
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    What for? Lying to a cop? They are the biggist liers out there. They are are allowed by law to lie.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree