Doesn't matter what I think, all that matters is what really happened. 😉

-VR
  2. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    21 Jun '19 19:142 edits
    @kquinn909 said
    What for? Lying to a cop? They are the biggist liers out there. They are are allowed by law to lie.
    Now, they are not ALL like that, but I have run into one who actually lied in court. A few bad apples don't spoil the whole basket if you get rid of them...I believe the Policeman I'm talking about did get a suspension. At the time a lot of folks thought he should have lost his job, apparently he had an exceptional record up till that point.

-VR
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Jun '19 20:40
    @very-rusty said
    Now, they are not ALL like that, but I have run into one who actually lied in court. A few bad apples don't spoil the whole basket if you get rid of them...I believe the Policeman I'm talking about did get a suspension. At the time a lot of folks thought he should have lost his job, apparently he had an exceptional record up till that point.

-VR
    Hey Rusty, I notice that you average 3 to 5 thumbs down in your posts, across all threads. What's up with that?
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    22 Jun '19 20:43
    @chaney3 said
    Hey Rusty, I notice that you average 3 to 5 thumbs down in your posts, across all threads. What's up with that?
    You might find this hard to believe, but I have a few long time friends who love thumbing down my posts 3 to 5 is just average....LOL...

-VR
  5. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    23 Jun '19 11:43
    @very-rusty said

-VR
    "Exceptional/exemplary" I wonder if he was the officer who pulled me over? Did it happen in Southwestern Ontario and was he an OPP officer? 😲 🤔 😠
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    23 Jun '19 12:33
    @great-big-stees said
    "Exceptional/exemplary" I wonder if he was the officer who pulled me over? Did it happen in Southwestern Ontario and was he an OPP officer? 😲 🤔 😠
    No, It was here in Halifax, Nova Scotia and he was an RCMP officer. I believe after his suspension was over I heard through the grapevine he had been transferred don't know where to though. Just that it was out of Province, but he was RCMP so doubt you got 'em! 😉

-VR
  7. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    24 Jun '19 12:38
    @very-rusty said
    No, It was here in Halifax, Nova Scotia and he was an RCMP officer. I believe after his suspension was over I heard through the grapevine he had been transferred don't know where to though. Just that it was out of Province, but he was RCMP so doubt you got 'em! 😉

-VR
    OH we've got 'em a plenty, in Ottawa (Ontario).
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    24 Jun '19 12:42
    @great-big-stees said
    OH we've got 'em a plenty, in Ottawa (Ontario).
    OH yes, that is true! What are the odds of it being the same RCMP officer, the OPP are a different outfit are they not?

-VR
  9. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    24 Jun '19 12:50
    @very-rusty said
    OH yes, that is true! What are the odds of it being the same RCMP officer, the OPP are a different outfit are they not?

-VR
    Indeed they are but on being "reassigned" he may have decided that Ottawa was too boring a job (guarding politicians, standing in front of some government building or even having to shovel horse excrement from the Musical Ride's horse's stalls) and applied for the much more exciting life of a rural Southwestern Ontario OPP officer where he could hide behind some hedges, drinking a Timmies and eating a donut while waiting for some unsuspecting "Speed Maniac" to reach the posted 80KPH 15 ft before the sign.
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    24 Jun '19 22:17
    @great-big-stees said
    Indeed they are but on being "reassigned" he may have decided that Ottawa was too boring a job (guarding politicians, standing in front of some government building or even having to shovel horse excrement from the Musical Ride's horse's stalls) and applied for the much more exciting life of a rural Southwestern Ontario OPP officer where he could hide behind some hedge ...[text shortened]... while waiting for some unsuspecting "Speed Maniac" to reach the posted 80KPH 15 ft before the sign.
    Have you noticed how Cops and Priests are a lot of like that way. If they do something wrong they just get moved somewhere else!!! Happens way more than we hear about in the news for sure!

-VR
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Jun '19 22:571 edit
    @chaney3 said
    You've just been pulled over by the police and are given a moving violation ticket for making an improper turn. Your options are as follows:

A) Avoid court, pay the ticket ($85), but get 3 points on your driver license

B) Go to court, argue your case with the judge, and hope he believes your version over that of the police officer

C) Make plea bargain with prose ...[text shortened]... option C. It sucked, but I wanted to avoid the points.

What would you do in the same situation?
    I have paid the $389, which will be missed, and feel that I did NOT make an improper turn. My bogus charge was in a small enough city where the cop, judge and prosecutor are possibly golfing buddies, so I opted not to fight it in court.

By the way, in my state, the reason for the hefty fine amount is due to a $250 state surcharge for the "privilege" of the plea deal called "unsafe driving". It appears to be a huge municipal scam to suck dollars out of people seeking to avoid license points.

Disgusting.
  12. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    25 Jun '19 11:25
    @chaney3 said
    I have paid the $389, which will be missed, and feel that I did NOT make an improper turn. My bogus charge was in a small enough city where the cop, judge and prosecutor are possibly golfing buddies, so I opted not to fight it in court.

By the way, in my state, the reason for the hefty fine amount is due to a $250 state surcharge for the "privilege" of the plea deal called ...[text shortened]... a huge municipal scam to suck dollars out of people seeking to avoid license points.

Disgusting.
    So rather than raising Municipal taxes on the residents (an unpopular political choice), the town/city/village puts that burden on travelers. An astute (politically speaking) approach to funding.
  13. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    25 Jun '19 12:42
    @chaney3 said

By the way, in my state, the reason for the hefty fine amount is due to a $250 state surcharge for the "privilege" of the plea deal called ...[text shortened]... a huge municipal scam to suck dollars out of people seeking to avoid license points.

Disgusting.
    That really sucks, and you are most likely right they probably are golfing buddies or drinking buddies, you wouldn't stand a chance fighting it. Cheaper to pay it, but still burns you had that money stolen from you!

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree