Transhumanism

Transhumanism

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
16 Mar 16

Originally posted by Seitse
So, uhm, Metacomedian, buddy, you seem new around here. So, maybe
a piece of advice wouldn't hurt, uh? Try not feeding Dr. Demento and do
not share personal info with him. He's, well, not right in the attic, if you
catch my drift.
Originally posted by Seitse
"Try not feeding Dr. Demento..."

Seitse's & GB's {{{SOA}}}

HoH
Thug

Playing with matches

Moves
17 Mar 16

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
Then who created the vast universe within which planet earth plays a critical role yet in the overall scheme of things is a microscopic speck?
Furthermore, on what empirical or rational basis have you personally concluded that [b]"There is no God"?
[/b]
I'd love to debate this with you. It would likely be entertaining. But, at some point, you'd just quote so meaningless drivel someone else wrote and it would all be for naught.

Instead, I'll just restate my opinion. The Earth doesn't matter. Our lives are finite. Live as if it's all you get because there's no heaven.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
17 Mar 16

Originally posted by Hand of Hecate
I'd love to debate this with you. It would likely be entertaining. But, at some point, you'd just quote so meaningless drivel someone else wrote and it would all be for naught.

Instead, I'll just restate my opinion. The Earth doesn't matter. Our lives are finite. Live as if it's all you get because there's no heaven.
^
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Sans Dieu Rien.

HoH
Thug

Playing with matches

Moves
17 Mar 16

^
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
[hidden]Sans Dieu Rien.[/hidden]
And yet, behold, there is still everything.

Even this comment you recycled from Spirituality 4 or 5 years back.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
17 Mar 16
2 edits

And yet, behold, there is still everything.

Even this comment you recycled from Spirituality 4 or 5 years back.
Sans Dieu Rien: "Without God nothing.".

Thread 143604

HoH
Thug

Playing with matches

Moves
17 Mar 16

Sans Dieu Rien: "Without God nothing.".

Thread 143604
And of course I already knew this. I don't need a refresher on how crap that thread was.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
17 Mar 16
1 edit

And of course I already knew this. I don't need a refresher on how crap that thread was.
About @Hand-of-Hecate

"Dear Grampy Bobby,

You could be the dumbest son of a bitch I've ever come across. I hope you eat a bus grill. Oh, and stop looking at my profile.

Thanks & regards."

N

Moves
18 Mar 16

About @Hand-of-Hecate

"Dear Grampy Bobby,

You could be the dumbest son of a bitch I've ever come across. I hope you eat a bus grill. Oh, and stop looking at my profile.

Thanks & regards."
Oh, my thumb is in zugswang!

HoH
Thug

Playing with matches

Moves
18 Mar 16

About @Hand-of-Hecate

"Dear Grampy Bobby,

Thanks & regards."
Feel free to check back for new profile updates you schmuck.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
18 Mar 16

Feel free to check back for new profile updates you schmuck.
"The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God." (Psalm 14:1)

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
18 Mar 16

"The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God." (Psalm 14:1)
'When two men are fighting and the wife of one of them intervenes to drag her husband clear of his opponent, if she puts out her hand and catches hold of the man by his privates, you must cut off her hand and show her no mercy.' (Deut. 25:11)

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
18 Mar 16

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
'When two men are fighting and the wife of one of them intervenes to drag her husband clear of his opponent, if she puts out her hand and catches hold of the man by his privates, you must cut off her hand and show her no mercy.' (Deut. 25:11)
Originally posted by Seitse (OP)
http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-35786771

What a load of crap.

'When two men are fighting and the wife of one of them intervenes to drag her husband clear of his opponent, if she puts out her hand and catches hold of the man by his privates, you must cut off her hand and show her no mercy.' (Deut. 25:11)"

Relevance?

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
18 Mar 16
1 edit

Originally posted by Seitse (OP)
[b]http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-35786771

What a load of crap.

'When two men are fighting and the wife of one of them intervenes to drag her husband clear of his opponent, if she puts out her hand and catches hold of the man b ...[text shortened]... must cut off her hand and show her no mercy.' (Deut. 25:11)"

Relevance?[/b]
If you quote from the bible sir, you can not object when someone does likewise in response. (If mine is irrelevant then so is your own). My chosen biblical quotation was intended to highlight the absurdity of such quotes in the GF, and indeed the absurdity of such biblical quotes in themselves.

HoH
Thug

Playing with matches

Moves
18 Mar 16

If you quote from the bible sir, you can not object when someone does likewise in response. (If mine is irrelevant then so is your own). My chosen biblical quotation was intended to highlight the absurdity of such quotes in the GF, and indeed the absurdity of such biblical quotes in themselves.
Here's and old favorite, but, more of a guideline really than an out and out rule.
"If a man has sex with an animal, he must be put to death, and the animal must be killed and not eaten. Leviticus 20:15"

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
18 Mar 16

/facepalm

You have a point, but still, it's all a matter of degree.