General Forum

General Forum

  1. Subscriberdivegeester
    digital entity
    libera te ex inferis
    Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    88238
    25 Oct '13 19:01
    Why is it when you land after a flight and pull up to the gate, that there is this noise that sounds like some guy is trying to saw off one of the wheels with a giant hacksaw?
  2. Dublin Ireland
    Joined
    31 Oct '12
    Moves
    14235
    25 Oct '13 19:09
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Why is it when you land after a flight and pull up to the gate, that there is this noise that sounds like some guy is trying to saw off one of the wheels with a giant hacksaw?
    That's the pilot looking for an excuse not to fly back
    but to have a lay over. ( a rest stop ).

    He's sawing off one of the wheels so that he can tell
    his Boss the plane has a defect and so is no longer air worthy.
  3. Subscriberdivegeester
    digital entity
    libera te ex inferis
    Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    88238
    25 Oct '13 19:28
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
    That's the pilot looking for an excuse not to fly back
    but to have a lay over. ( a rest stop ).

    He's sawing off one of the wheels so that he can tell
    his Boss the plane has a defect and so is no longer air worthy.
    Was that the sawing sound of you thumbing down my post?
  4. Subscriberdivegeester
    digital entity
    libera te ex inferis
    Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    88238
    25 Oct '13 19:34
    Or is it the rumble of the wheels on the railroad track...
  5. In your face
    Joined
    21 Aug '04
    Moves
    55993
    25 Oct '13 20:08
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Was that the sawing sound of you thumbing down my post?
    A thumbs down was uncalled for. I think we need a new thumb introduced which is a 'neither here nor there' indication, for such threads, whreby people can exhibit their indifference.
  6. Subscriberdivegeester
    digital entity
    libera te ex inferis
    Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    88238
    25 Oct '13 21:58
    Originally posted by Sicilian Sausage
    A thumbs down was uncalled for. I think we need a new thumb introduced which is a 'neither here nor there' indication, for such threads, whreby people can exhibit their indifference.
    You could exhibit your indifference by being indifferent
  7. Standard memberlemon lime
    ookookachu
    oLd ScHoOl
    Joined
    31 May '13
    Moves
    5577
    25 Oct '13 22:19
    Hey, I just now noticed another box next to the thumbs up/down boxes. An exclamation point box! How long has that been there, and what (if anything) does it do?
  8. Donationmwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Joined
    25 Feb '01
    Moves
    65137
    25 Oct '13 22:30
    Originally posted by lemon lime
    Hey, I just now noticed another box next to the thumbs up/down boxes. An exclamation point box[b]! How long has that been there, and what (if anything) does it do?[/b]
    Just by clicking it you will see!
    hint: (It's a flush handle)
  9. Standard memberlemon lime
    ookookachu
    oLd ScHoOl
    Joined
    31 May '13
    Moves
    5577
    25 Oct '13 22:56
    Originally posted by mwmiller
    Just by clicking it you will see!
    hint: (It's a flush handle)
    I'm assuming one click per customer, and if I'm reading you correctly then couldn't the ability to flush away messages lead to abuses of the feature? There are already a good number of people here who will thumbs down a post just for the sheer mindless pleasure of dissing someone they do not like.
  10. In your face
    Joined
    21 Aug '04
    Moves
    55993
    25 Oct '13 22:57
    Originally posted by divegeester
    You could exhibit your indifference by being indifferent
    I couldn't care either way.
  11. In your face
    Joined
    21 Aug '04
    Moves
    55993
    25 Oct '13 22:581 edit
    Originally posted by lemon lime
    Hey, I just now noticed another box next to the thumbs up/down boxes. An exclamation point box[b]! How long has that been there, and what (if anything) does it do?[/b]
    No don't click on it. It's not there to be clicked.
  12. Standard memberlemon lime
    ookookachu
    oLd ScHoOl
    Joined
    31 May '13
    Moves
    5577
    25 Oct '13 23:03
    Originally posted by Sicilian Sausage
    No don't click on it. It's not there to be clicked.
    What will happen if I click it on one of my messages?
  13. Standard memberlemon lime
    ookookachu
    oLd ScHoOl
    Joined
    31 May '13
    Moves
    5577
    25 Oct '13 23:06
    Does it flush the post away from my view? I'll bet that's what it does.

    I want to click one of those so badly I can taste it... cheeky monkey wants to know what will happen.
  14. In your face
    Joined
    21 Aug '04
    Moves
    55993
    25 Oct '13 23:08
    Originally posted by lemon lime
    Does it flush the post away from my view? I'll bet that's what it does.

    I want to click one of those so badly I can taste it... cheeky monkey wants to know what will happen.
    Oh go on then. I'll let you.
  15. Standard memberlemon lime
    ookookachu
    oLd ScHoOl
    Joined
    31 May '13
    Moves
    5577
    25 Oct '13 23:12
    Originally posted by Sicilian Sausage
    Oh go on then. I'll let you.
    Arrrgh, it's the Garden of Eden all over again! I'll take a nap and 😴 on it... and then I'll do it!
Back to Top