1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    12 Mar '20 16:462 edits
    @hakima said
    According to everything I’ve read, the restrictions wouldn’t apply to me because I am a US citizen, which makes absolutely no sense except as evidence of the Trump Administration’s xenophobic policies.
    Sure it does, if you are a US citizen you should have access to your country.

If nothing else, put you in isolation if need be when you arrive.

Conversely, those on the Left think that everyone on the planet should be entitled to coming to the US and living their indefinitely without any government regulation whatsoever.
  2. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    12 Mar '20 16:54
    @whodey said
    Sure it does, if you are a US citizen you should have access to your country.

If nothing else, put you in isolation if need be when you arrive.

Conversely, those on the Left think that everyone on the planet should be entitled to coming to the US and living their indefinitely without any government regulation whatsoever.
    Wasn't Trumpster saying not that long ago that the media were blowing the virus thing all out of proportion?

He seems to be singing a different tune now.

-VR
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    12 Mar '20 17:021 edit
    @very-rusty said
    Wasn't Trumpster saying not that long ago that the media were blowing the virus thing all out of proportion?

He seems to be singing a different tune now.

-VR
    I think Trump is falling into the hysteria trap for political reasons.

It's just the flu.
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    12 Mar '20 17:181 edit
    @whodey said
    I think Trump is falling into the hysteria trap for political reasons.

It's just the flu.
    Worst than any flu I've seen in my life time anyways. I think you'd have to go back to 1918. How many people died from the Spanish flu?
    50 million
    The Spanish flu pandemic of 1918, the deadliest in history, infected an estimated 500 million people worldwide—about one-third of the planet's population—and killed an estimated 20 million to 50 million victims, including some 675,000 Americans.Oct 12, 2010, to anything near what we have now. Italy is in complete lock down.

Lets hope history is not repeating itself.

-VR
  5. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    12 Mar '20 18:34
    @badradger said
    Barn door etc the us (trump) should have moved sooner.
    Don't be silly. Barn door is right, moving sooner is just silly. Viruses don't respect lines on maps, and once they're in, they're in.
    He might've been successful if he'd locked down the entire country, not from Europe or China, but from the entire rest of the world; and not from this week, but from last October. Even then, it would've taken a single Mexican 'possum to breach his condom; and 'possums don't care about walls.

Futile. Utterly futile. But typical Trump.
  6. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    13 Mar '20 12:18
    @rookie54 said
    you folks have a great day!
    do yer best to not lick each others face

i'm off to spread disease, destruction, and death
    Do you, sir, happen to carry a scythe over your shoulder and wear a black costume? 🤔
  7. Subscriberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Moves
    14 Mar '20 09:50
    One of the greatest take-always of this adventure is the surprising joy I have found in taking care of myself...in caring for this beautiful accommodation, I feel a sense of solidarity and community with the spirit of the cooperative that is at the heart of the Alte Falconrei, caring for my own property affords an assessment of the abundance I possess along in this journey, and lastly paying attention to basic physical needs—preparing my own food AND enjoying an occasional meal out, getting plenty of rest, drinking water, enjoying fresh air, and getting exercise in the form of long walks—and most importantly, keeping a positive attitude even things don’t go according to plan...

All of these are souvenirs that I hope to carry where I may be facing quarantine for a short time when I return and the climate of fear and uncertainty that the Covid-19 appears to have descended on at home.

Today, I hope to explore Weimar’s market, taste German beer, and find Black Forest Cherry cake in honor of the Gebürtstag von mein Vater, Don Ennis.
  8. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    14 Mar '20 13:03
    @hakima Today, I hope to explore Weimar’s market, taste German beer, and find Black Forest Cherry cake in honor of the Gebürtstag von mein Vater, Don Ennis.

Save room for the beer!
  9. Subscriberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Moves
    14 Mar '20 16:17
    @earl-of-trumps said
    @hakima Today, I hope to explore Weimar’s market, taste German beer, and find Black Forest Cherry cake in honor of the Gebürtstag von mein Vater, Don Ennis.

Save room for the beer!
    Das bier war wunderbar!
  10. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    14 Mar '20 16:41
    @hakima said
    Das bier war wunderbar!
    Beer, the nectar of the gods. 😉
  11. Subscriberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Moves
    14 Mar '20 19:10
    @great-big-stees said
    Beer, the nectar of the gods. 😉
    I’m not much of a beer drinker, but I’ll go back for that!
  12. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    15 Mar '20 12:01
    @hakima said
    I’m not much of a beer drinker, but I’ll go back for that!
    The beer gods will be pleased.
  13. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    15 Mar '20 14:47
    @hakima said
    According to everything I’ve read, the restrictions wouldn’t apply to me because I am a US citizen, which makes absolutely no sense except as evidence of the Trump Administration’s xenophobic policies.
    Hakima: as evidence of the Trump Administration’s xenophobic policies.

Yes! I noticed how Trump banned all White people. Sorry, Hakima. No Seattle for you
  14. Subscriberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Moves
    18 Mar '20 12:53
    I am starting home by way of Frankfurt today and London on Friday. I had a nasty encounter with three drunk neo Nazis at the train station in Weimar. I was shaken but now I’m just angry.

I wish I could have done more...like kneeing in the nuts the one who was shouting in my face demanding money, trying to take my bag, showing me his swastika tattoo and shouting heil Hitler in my face.
  15. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    18 Mar '20 13:04
    @hakima said
    I am starting home by way of Frankfurt today and London on Friday. I had a nasty encounter with three drunk neo Nazis at the train station in Weimar. I was shaken but now I’m just angry.

I wish I could have done more...like kneeing in the nuts the one who was shouting in my face demanding money, trying to take my bag, showing me his swastika tattoo and shouting heil Hitler in my face.
    No law enforcement around when you need them eh!

Sorry to hear about your experience. You may have done the right thing by not kneeing the guy in the nuts, as you were out numbered 3 to 1. You were lucky to get out of there in my opinion.

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree